What's new

Peshawar Airport being renamed to Bacha Khan Airport

It would have been better if ANP actually made an effort to fix and upgrade the airport instead wasting time on stupid things such as naming it.

Or even better, do some effin good thing with the railways!!!:hitwall:

are people in Karachi or local government doing anything to renovate it then?

or are people there just busy shooting eachother

Can't renovate it as ANP's flags are all over the flyover and their men are all over the place showing their guns.

What kind of Pedo name is that Bacha khan ? As if there are not enough ? Stereo types

If anything the Airport should be called

Fatima Ali Jinah International Airport
Illama Iqbal International Airport
or
Imran Khan International Airport

People with corruption in their history should not be used as role models

Or what about
Jahangir Khan (Squash Player) International
or the squad player form Peshawar Jan Sher Khan International

give me a break BACHA khan?

i was raised knowing it simply as Peshawar International Airport....i dont know why these idiots always feel the need to change names of places.

and besides --- Bacha Khan was not exactly pro-Partition. So why bother to co-memorate him? He was a charismatic individual, but not somebody i'd waste too much time on.

i hope decision is reversed

Afkare%2BBacha%2BKhan.jpg

Can't renovate it as ANP's flags are all over the flyover and their men are all over the place showing their guns.

and the ''other faction'' doesnt wave their flags or show their guns?

come on man, give me break

you people in Karachi need to learn to become real men, think country first.....end your petty squabbles and self-destructive behaviours. And this is coming from someone whose city saw immense bomb and violence campaign as recent as mid 2009/early 2010

get your priorities in order, get your acts together...For Gods sakes.

and the ''other faction'' doesnt wave their flags or show their guns?

come on man, give me break

you people in Karachi need to learn to become real men, think country first.....end your petty squabbles and self-destructive behaviours. And this is coming from someone whose city saw immense bomb and violence campaign as recent as mid 2009/early 2010

get your priorities in order, get your acts together...For Gods sakes.

Why are you getting so pissed if I talked about ANP doing their daily thing in Karachi. It's only the reality. MQM recently took down all their flags and requested PPP and ANP to do the same thing. But ANP refused to do so.
And its better for non Karachiites to not talk about Karachi's politics as they have no clue about the ground realities. You don't see Karachiites sitcking their noses in Lahore or Peshawar's politics.

Anyways I don't want to turn this into an MQM-ANP thread.

AUGUST 9 - According to PTV News, Federal Cabinet meeting scheduled for August 10 will consider renaming of Peshawar International Airport. The cabinet meeting will be chaired by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.

I think the meeting should also consider expanding and upgrading facilities at Peshawar Airport if it's not possible to build a new airport for the city at a new location.

In recent times, representatives of Awami National Party (ANP) which heads Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial government have demanded renaming Peshawar International Airport as ‘Bacha Khan International Airport’.

On August 22, 2008, then North-West Frontier Province - NWFP (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) provincial assembly passed a unanimous resolution urging the Federal Government to rename Peshawar International Airport as 'Bacha Khan International Airport'.

Three years ago, on June 20, 2008, Prime Minister Gilani approved renaming of 'Islamabad International Airport' as 'Benazir Bhutto International Airport'.

What a joke is this?, Bacha Khan was the same person who said that he be not buried in Pakistan. He was the same person who totally disagreed with the partition of British India , he was the same person who repeatedly contacted the Indian government to do something. He was again and again arrested by the authorities.

Seems like PPP treat everybody who has cut term in jail as a hero!!,,,this renaming thing is turning out to be a joke in the PPP government, first Zulfiqarabad, then BB airport, now this. WTF.

let it happen. bacha khan, pakhtun khua, **** **** tikka centre, fikar makawa....let them drown in their own burden

We see PPP,PML(N), ANP etc flags all over the country on flagpoles, especially in isb. If some good ruler comes in, there should be a resolution for this kind of thing, does anybody or ruler get Pakistan flags on the pole???,,,Jinnah or Allama Iqbal ??

I think there are ample National Heros in Pakistan

a) Imran Khan 92 world cup winner
b) Jan Sher Khan
c) Fatima Ali Jinah
d) Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
e) Jahangir Khan
f) Sir Syed
g) Shabaz Ahmed (Hocky world cup winner medalist)
h) Abdul Sattar Adhi founder
i) Major Raja Aziz Bhatti (Nishan - e haider winner)
j) Abdul Qadeer (nuclear scientist)
k) Javed Miandad international sounds catchy too
l) Shahid Khan Afridi or Younis Khan international 20/20 world cup winners

Why would anyone choose a politicians from current bunch of thugs all parliamentarians in Pakistan are criminals
the only thing reasonable with their names is Prisons and death chambers

It would have been better if ANP actually made an effort to fix and upgrade the airport instead wasting time on stupid things such as naming it.

while we all agree that ANP -- in tradition with Pakistani politicians -- is a useless political party consisting of sissies (with some few good, honest people) --- i think they would be best served by choosing an alternate name. Bacha Khan International sounds stupid; and its a disservice to Pakistan as a whole.

as for the airport itself -- well Peshawar Airport is not as fancy as Allama Iqbal Airport in Lahore; but its very much functional and infrastructure-wise, it's just fine. It could do with some facelift if/when the authorities decide to do so.

but overall, its just fine

Why are you getting so pissed if I talked about ANP doing their daily thing in Karachi. It's only the reality. MQM recently took down all their flags and requested PPP and ANP to do the same thing. But ANP refused to do so

makes no difference to me....those flags make better toilet paper as far as i'm concerned....

And its better for non Karachiites to not talk about Karachi's politics as they have no clue about the ground realities. You don't see Karachiites sitcking their noses in Lahore or Peshawar's politics.

i have relatives and friends there.....i believe in ''Pakistani politics'' not ''Karachi'' or ''Peshawar'' or "Faisalabad'' politics......and what i'm saying is -- you people should get over your political party gangs mentality. Everybody is wrong. It isnt like ANP is right and rest are wrong; or MQM is an angel and the rest are satans.

all those guys could do with a good hard bop on the heads

Anyways I don't want to turn this into an MQM-ANP thread.

well -- you kind of already did....but yeah, sure, chuck it....

We have better things to do than to renovate Peshawar Airport!!!,,,oh i dont know, the railway comes into mind!!,

As AZADPAKISTAN pointed out, the names of much bigger heroes and much more public figures are there, like fatima jinnah, although F-9 park is named after her, and it is one of the biggest parks in SE asia. Edhi, IK, and a host of other people come into mind.

Back
Top Bottom