What's new

Peshawar administration bans export of beef, poultry to Afghanistan

The world is moving towards free trade and market access to its products while the protectionists create artificial walls to stop free exchange of goods and services. Instead of providing loans to start more poultry and dairy farming to create jobs and exports the KPK government is taking wrong economic steps.
it is clearly mention that ban is to reduce hikes in prices during Ramazan, to relief their people..

& i thought its because of boader terrorism by afgans.

There are more than enough poultry farms to deal with the current demand. There was a bird disease in upper Punjab hence the production has been less than normal. The price depends on the demand and supply (simple economics). The poultry farmers are not able to hike prices. Do you think a farmer with one control shed (~30k birds) can hike the price? or even a big farmer with 10 or 20 of these sheds? Poultry business has been in dire condition for almost 9 months and small farmers have been going bankrupt.

The failed Afghan policy has now created anti-Afghan sentiment from bitter people who always disregard Pakistan's long term interests.

Countries have policies to increase employment and exports through industrialization and small businesses. But short sighted emotional people can't see the big picture. You want Afghanistan to be totally dependent on Pakistan ? No wonder Pakistan loses friends in Afghanistan !

Faulty assertion.

Respect ( from animals specially ) is to be commanded.

Solution is to have more poultry farms to meet local demand and exports as well.

Sure,
But AFTER afghans understand what is being imported, and our smugglers understand they need go legal and export.

The failed Afghan policy has now created anti-Afghan sentiment from bitter people who always disregard Pakistan's long term interests.

Countries have policies to increase employment and exports through industrialization and small businesses. But short sighted emotional people can't see the big picture. You want Afghanistan to be totally dependent on Pakistan ? No wonder Pakistan loses friends in Afghanistan !
That is the extent of you intellectual abilities !

You want India to dominate Afghan consumer market ? Why not Pakistan build more industry to earn foreign exchange. We already have high trade deficit and unemployment.
The world is moving towards free trade and market access to its products while the protectionists create artificial walls to stop free exchange of goods and services. Instead of providing loans to start more poultry and dairy farming to create jobs and exports the KPK government is taking wrong economic steps.

They will remain bitter forever. They want us to defeat the aliens for them and still we bow to them. Not our headache.

Coming to the topic well normal trade is going on whereas smuggling of these items have been restricted.

we here in Peshawar face high inflation due to our greedy traders smuggling flour and poultry and meat specially during certain period such as ramazan. During Eidul Azha we face smuggling of cattles to Afghanistan .

While there is so much rush of Afghan patients in Best private hospitals expensive ones in Peshawar that we Pakistanis dont have a chance to get appointment often. Thanks to American NGOs dollars and war dollars for Afghans.

They will remain bitter forever. They want us to defeat the aliens for them and still we bow to them. Not our headache.

Coming to the topic well normal trade is going on whereas smuggling of these items have been restricted.

we here in Peshawar face high inflation due to our greedy traders smuggling flour and poultry and meat specially during certain period such as ramazan. During Eidul Azha we face smuggling of cattles to Afghanistan .

While there is so much rush of Afghan patients in Best private hospitals expensive ones in Peshawar that we Pakistanis dont have a chance to get appointment often. Thanks to American NGOs dollars and war dollars for Afghans.

And we keep coming across thread like "i met another afghan ho hates Pakistan" they must be the most ungrateful people on earth. For all these 30 years Pakistan have provided them shelter at a huge expense and still we hear about lots of Afghan complaining about Pakistan.

And we keep coming across thread like "i met another afghan ho hates Pakistan" they must be the most ungrateful people on earth. For all these 30 years Pakistan have provided them shelter at a huge expense and still we hear about lots of Afghan complaining about Pakistan.

1. I personally feel we should NOT be cashing on miseries of ordinary Afghans by using words like ungrateful etc etc

2. Many Afghans do have right to hate us or dislike us the way we have

3. the particular thread you have mentioned well i doubt the opening poster and his intentions

4. The development of both the countries lies in cooperation with each other

1. I personally feel we should NOT be cashing on miseries of ordinary Afghans by using words like ungrateful etc etc

2. Many Afghans do have right to hate us or dislike us the way we have

3. the particular thread you have mentioned well i doubt the opening poster and his intentions

4. The development of both the countries lies in cooperation with each other

well there is NO point is debating that the development of both countries is dependent on close cooperation and good relations, that is completely true. However the problem is we cannot do it alone! I have know a few and the Afghans really do not like Pakistan or Pakistanis. The thread you mentioned, yes i also have my doubts about the intentions that is why i didn't mentioned the link here but unfortunately that is not the only thread, there are hundreds of reports, surveys and then personal experience as well that all point in the same direction. Some Afghans may also be justified in hating or disliking us as well but then again hundreds or thousands of them should be grateful as well, Pakistan have done more than enough for them even if we have played a part in some of there problems as well by being part of the great game. Also we cannot deny what harm THEY have caused us.

Anyway, the point is, we do need to cooperate, the current statements by Afghan president are the most encouraging ones I have come across in quite a few years. I hope the good will and common sense prevails, closer cooperation between Pakistan and Afghanistan is how we can both progress.

nothing wrong.... pakistanis are bastards and they are known for over charging people especially during ramadan, while other countries subsidize during ramadan.
dont forget you are dealing with the same people who sold donkey meat as beef to people.

The whole world, including the US of A, controls import/export to protect the local economy. There is always a limit to how free your free market really is.

I agree with the second part of your post though. There is demand in Afghanistan, we should be working to meet that demand by increasing our supply. But I guess this is too much to expect from our rulers at this point. Maybe 5~10 years down the road when economy becomes priority numero uno for us.

May be they should focus on FARMING instead of Talibanism and work to raise their own chicken and goat and cows.

Why focus on drug trade and HERION export

Although it might be good idea in the short term to protect local consumers but the real solution is actually a oppurtunity. Why not invest and supply that extra demand. Win win for everybody ...

PESHAWAR: The district administration of Peshawar on Tuesday imposed a ban on the export of poultry and cattle to Afghanistan to check skyrocketing meat prices in the holy month of Ramazan.

Where is the love of Allah gone? Imam Ghazalli rahmallAllah said in his book, 'Love', where you see Islam you find love (mercy)!

Nabi as'salathu was'salaam was the mercy to the universe.

Where is the love of Allah gone? Imam Ghazalli rahmallAllah said in his book, 'Love', where you see Islam you find love (mercy)! Nabi as'salathu was'salaam was the mercy to the universe.

The failed Afghan policy has left many bitter people who who vent their frustration by their vindictive and mean words and deeds against Afghans.

Back
Top Bottom