What's new

Pervez Musharraf concedes he has 'Indian blood', hence for peace with India

kaykay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
WASHINGTON: A red-faced Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan's former military ruler, has conceded that he has "Indian blood" in him, a fact that made him a votary of peace with India.

The embarrassing moment for Musharraf, who has a hard-nosed approach to India, came during a talk at the Carnegie Endowment on Wednesday when an audience member reminded him that he was born in India and has Indian blood in him after he (Musharraf) claimed he was "reasonably popular" in India despite his bluntness towards New Delhi, where he was born.

"Well, yes. I admit, yes indeed," a discomfited Musharraf said amid laughter in the audience about the question of Indian blood. "That is why I say that India and Pakistan must have peace. I'm a strong - very strong believer: We must have peace."

But that didn't stop the architect of the Kargil war and terrorist incursions into India from launching a familiar tirade against New Delhi for its footprint in Afghanistan, which he and his fellow military minds see as a threat to Pakistan's interests that centers around a power grab for the Taliban and other medieval forces.

"Now, India is trying to create anti-Pakistan Afghanistan. This is most unfortunate, and I am not saying this because I am Indo-centric or I'm anti-India. I know this through intelligence; I know this to be a fact," he ranted. His "proof"? Afghanistan's diplomats, its intelligence and security people, army men all go to India for training. There they get indoctrinated against Pakistan.

Musharraf complained that in his time, he was "bending backwards" inviting them to Pakistan for free of cost training, but "not one till day - to date has come to Pakistan."

Musharraf whose record of dissembling and bluster has had US editorials calling him "mendacious," did not reflect on general hatred for Pakistan in Afghanistan for its depredations there and Kabul's historical ties with India. Still, he told the mostly American audience "we must not allow this (Indian influence in Afghanistan) to continue because then one must not grudge if Pakistan orders ISI to take countermeasures to protect its own interest."

While that implicit threat skirted around Pakistan's widely-recognised use of terrorism as an instrument state policy, a BBC documentary titled "Secret Pakistan" broadcast on Wednesday once again exposed Pakistan's nexus with terrorism, including ISI's training of Taliban elements. Several Taliban commanders interviewed for the documentary attested to being trained by ISI handlers.

But while rationalizing Pakistan's policies now regarded as folly in Washington, Musharraf represented himself as a peacenik, going so far as to suggest a rapproachment between the ISI and the Indian intelligence agency RAW.

While admitting that ties between the US and Pakistan were at an all-time low, Musharraf rubbished the prospect of war between the two as visualized by Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who said in that case Kabul would support Islamabad.

"It's ridiculous and preposterous...I mean, this can never happen. So why comment?" Musharraf snorted, advising Karzai to "Please look after the Taliban and al-Qaida; that is enough. Don't support Pakistan. Pakistan will look after itself."

Pervez Musharraf concedes he has 'Indian blood', hence for peace with India - The Times of India

Let us not forget that this is the man who started the Kargil incursion.Was that Pakistani part in him talking?

The Kargil incursion was a futile attempt on the part of Pakistan that led in to the death of thousands of men,who would have otherwise led a good and peaceful life.Pakistan gained nothing on ground,it only worsened its situation on the International platform.Was that the complete fcking fool inside him talking?

Villain for many Indians (Kargil) but i always thought he is best bet for Pakistan. Before so called war on terrorism he is doing good for Pakistan.

Don't we(Pakistani) all have Indian roots? Before the partition our ancestors were Indian were they not :what:

Yes you have!! except some of members on PDF from your country whose ancestors directly came from mars on space ship!

Soon your statement will be debunked by them!

Watch out! Martians are coming :)

Why do you indians ( those who do) fall for words so much. This man should be shot on sight - well jailed in india for Kargil. do you not have any respect for your soldiers who died defending your country against this class clown? istead - he is right, you indians run to watch him talk and get all freaking giddy over it.

just few articles below- he was threating terror acts against India via ISI.

Pakistani show more integrity than Indians in this matter- they just claimed anna hazare to be univited because the man said - he fought for india in the kashmir wars nd would defend his country again...

and this mushi as you guys call him- was responsible for hundreds of Indian deaths!

same w/ Imran. Imran comes to india and you guys go gaga over him. The man advocates pro taliban, Pro Kashmir terrorist!

he visited India several time ... Bashed RAW on a INDIAN TV Show .... where were you guys then ?

He is being overtly dramatic . "Indian blood" didn't stop him from the Kargil misadventure. Don't know what he really wishes to convey by such potentially explosive statements but given that his time has passed he should retire and stop trying to flame the bilateral relations any more than it is already inflamed.

Don't we(Pakistani) all have Indian roots? Before the partition our ancestors were Indian were they not :what:

Sorry bro ,You don't know what a Pandora's box you just reopened . This is one of the most volatile issues ever on the forum--draws in experts on History, to Geneology , race , ethnicity and what not. Better not to even mention the topic .

No such thing as indian blood, people of Pakistan have different races and ethnicity, Musharraf is a Syed himself - so his family goes back all the way to Arabia and the Prophets blood.

The people who migrated are some of the most patriotic Pakistanis you can find, many of them have a deep hostility towards india.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Mushy was born in Delhi - go figures.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom