What's new

Persians in Iran, Turks in Turkey and Punjabis in Pakistan?

BTW, most Iranians are actually Turks and not the Pars who are actually a smaller percentage of the ethnic make up -- anyway, what makea person a "Turk" or a "Persian" or a "punjabi or as I like to say a "Pounjabi" ?
lmao what?

Spare me the wiki stuff, brother - genetics and such - what next that we share more than 90% of genetic material with monkeys?? and that tell us what of interest??

So we have Values, "culture" and language and heritage -- most people are inheritors of multiple heritages and of course most of us speak more than one or two languages - so since Farsi is widely spoken in Iran, even Turkomen speak farsi, are they "persian"??? or the Kurd who speaks Turkish and shares values with Turks and Persians and arabs??

We are like "Piyaaz" Onions, each thin layer a layer of heritage, of inheritance -
In that case I'm a turk too then. My grandfather was a Qashqai Turk. Does that make me turk? absofuckinlutely not.

You have a dimented view on things. What are Turkish values anyway??? Every Iranian, be it Turk, Parsi or Kurd has roots in pre-Islamic Iran. Because of that, we all celebrate Zoroastrian holidays. Our current religion, shia Islam, is also shared by almost all, except a minority of people (half of Iranian kurds are sunni and that's it). That leaves language, which means that if a person speaks persian, than he's a persian! In Iran we don't have tribalism like the rest of the region. Practically, the only thing that seperates us in Iran is our language. If a person has azari as his first language, than he's an azari; if they have persian as the first language, than he's a persian. I had persian as mine, which means I'm a parsi.

So what makes a Turk a turk or a persian a persian, is what that Turk or persian self identifies himself or herself as, for instance a Turk grandfather is a part of heritage that while not denied, is not a heritage one may freely choose to not identify with -- The Point I was trying to get at is that perhaps we are done with this ethnic stuff - that people are choosing to self identify based on a number of criteria, real and imagined

We should move out of this mind game about who we all are individually and think of ourselves as Pakistanis. It is always smeone differentiating that I am Sindhi, you are Punjabi and so on. Then out of them we will say you are shia and I am sunni. Then out of them someone will say I am wahabi and you are barelvi. Believe me, it will continue on and on.......
Its time to work towards making Pakistan stronger. Frankly, our forefathers failed us in that we have got a big messto sort out. We need to think of Pakistan only, because if its not there than we all dont have an identitiy anymore.

So that's 45% Punjabis against 55% others.

Wrong wrong; in Turkey the Turks rule because they built the country and their language is the national language.
In Iran, the Persian people built the country, or could be given credit for founding it and dominate in numbers, and their language is the national language.

Pakistan by name doesn't denote an ethnic or linguistic group. So while Punjabis are the largest, they're by no means the 'domninating' or the ones the country belongs to. The Punjabi language isn't even official, not even at provincial level.

Realise, Pakistan is a federation, the other 2 aren't. That's the main reasons for the difference.

Wrong wrong; in Turkey the Turks rule because they built the country and their language is the national language.
In Iran, the Persian people built the country, or could be given credit for founding it and dominate in numbers, and their language is the national language.

Pakistan by name doesn't denote an ethnic or linguistic group. So while Punjabis are the largest, they're by no means the 'domninating' or the ones the country belongs to. The Punjabi language isn't even official, not even at provincial level.

Realise, Pakistan is a federation, the other 2 aren't. That's the main reasons for the difference.

Very good point!

Imagine if Pakistan was built on Punjabis only and made Punjabi the dominate language... and yet minorities off Baloch and other monitories call us Punjabis as colonial powers

Imagine if Pakistan was built on Punjabis only and made Punjabi the dominate language... and yet minorities off Baloch and other monitories call us Punjabis as colonial powers

That's most Bharti BS, don't bother about that. Still, there should be more quantitative balance between the different ethnic groups ie. 20% Punjabi, 20% Pashtun etc. would really be more ideal.

You're forgetting the Baloch..
I forgot about them on purpose. In Iran practically every ethnic group is well integrated into the society and they all have their pull with the central government. Baluchistan is Iran's poorest province (also has the lowest HDI) and the least integrated (culturally and politically). IMO even the arabs are well integrated into the society and they have their place. Also, their numbers are very small (there are only 1.5 million baluchis in Iran). All in all, it's very easy to forget about them for now. Culturally they're very conservative people and they seem to resist change at all costs.

So while some kurds are also sunni, they're well integrated into the society. The baluchi people aren't. That's why I didn't talk about them and because their numbers are so small, I didn't bother explaining it. Hopefully with time they will change their attitude and I think they already are.

lmao what?

In that case I'm a turk too then. My grandfather was a Qashqai Turk. Does that make me turk? absofuckinlutely not.

You have a dimented view on things. What are Turkish values anyway??? Every Iranian, be it Turk, Parsi or Kurd has roots in pre-Islamic Iran. Because of that, we all celebrate Zoroastrian holidays. Our current religion, shia Islam, is also shared by almost all, except a minority of people (half of Iranian kurds are sunni and that's it). That leaves language, which means that if a person speaks persian, than he's a persian! In Iran we don't have tribalism like the rest of the region. Practically, the only thing that seperates us in Iran is our language. If a person has azari as his first language, than he's an azari; if they have persian as the first language, than he's a persian. I had persian as mine, which means I'm a parsi.

Cut the BS mate only in your dreams you could wish to be Turk.

So what makes a Turk a turk or a persian a persian, is what that Turk or persian self identifies himself or herself as, for instance a Turk grandfather is a part of heritage that while not denied, is not a heritage one may freely choose to not identify with -- The Point I was trying to get at is that perhaps we are done with this ethnic stuff - that people are choosing to self identify based on a number of criteria, real and imagined
Don't know about pasdars but Turk by:

1. Blood

2. Culture, language etc.

Cut the BS mate only in your dreams you could wish to be Turk.

1. Blood

2. Culture, language etc.

Einstein, I said I'm not a turk and I don't wanna be a turk and you tell me "I wish..." I also CLEARLY said I'm a Persian.

Yet another turk in the hooahh turkey strong 111111 mode

lol

btw, People of Turkey and Iran are some of the most mixed people on earth. In Turkey you have people from all over. Practically every country bar Japan and a few others are mixed people. The old "blood" arguement is a thing of the past. You only make yourself a laughing stock by saying dumb **** like that.

Einstein, I said I'm not a turk and I don't wanna be a turk and you tell me "I wish..." I also CLEARLY said I'm a Persian.

lol

You said your grandfather was a Qashqai Turk isnt that the same fcking thing?! Only in your dreams maybe

lol

btw, People of Turkey and Iran are some of the most mixed people on earth. In Turkey you have people from all over. Practically every country bar Japan and a few others are mixed people. The old "blood" arguement is a thing of the past. You only make yourself a laughing stock by saying dumb **** like that.

One more fcking thing bro, Eran founded and owned by the part of our family which is also Turks but they are Shia, we had some wars against them in the past but we're of the same blood they belong to the family

You said your grandfather was a Qashqai Turk isnt that the same fcking thing?! Only in your dreams maybe
You're one of the thickest people on the planet. Yes, my grandfather was a turk. He could barely speak Persian. But for reasons that only he and his wife know, he decided to raise my father and his siblings as Persians. They never learned the language and that's why I consider myself a Persian.
What part of this whole thing is confusing for you? Why are you even having a fit over this? lmao wtf is your deal?

One more fcking thing bro, Eran founded and owned by the part of our family which is also Turks but they are Shia, we had some wars against them in the past but we're of the same blood they belong to the family
English "bro."
and lol at "our family."

you're officially a loco.

Those guys didnt opress thy spoke and adopted your language respected your ways of life made your country proud and strong but u disrespect, thats not cool. Have a nice day.

BTW, most Iranians are actually Turks and not the Pars who are actually a smaller percentage of the ethnic make up -- anyway, what makea person a "Turk" or a "Persian" or a "punjabi or as I like to say a "Pounjabi" ?

I would say, language -For example, a native speaker of any Turkic language is simply a Turk- But, ethnically its really hard to determine that..So all in all i think its up to people..We mostly self identify based on what we learn from our families

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom