What's new

Persians in Iran, Turks in Turkey and Punjabis in Pakistan?

PakistaniandProud

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I've noticed that in Turkey there are 76.0% Turks, 16% Kurds, and 8% others.

So about 76% Turks against 24% others.

In Iran 61% are Persians, 16% are Azeris, 10% are Kurds, 6% are Lurs, 2% are Arabs, 2%, are Baloch, 2% are Turkmen, and 1% are Turkic Tribes.

So about 61% Persians against 39% others.

But Pakistan doesn't have any dominated majority, the non-majorities in Pakistan are outnumbered.

45% are Punjabis, 15% are Pashtos, and equal 14% are Sindhis, 8% are Sarakis, 7.6% are Mujahirs, 3.5% are Baloch, and 4.66% are others!

So that's 45% Punjabis against 55% others.

It's because Pakistan is between two very different regions... One is Indian region where Punjabis, Sindhis, and Muhajirs are from..

Other region is Persian-Central Asian where Pashtuns, Balochis, Seraikis are from...

I've noticed that in Turkey there are 76.0% Turks, 16% Kurds, and 8% others.

So about 76% Turks against 24% others.

In Iran 61% are Persians, 16% are Azeris, 10% are Kurds, 6% are Lurs, 2% are Arabs, 2%, are Baloch, 2% are Turkmen, and 1% are Turkic Tribes.

So about 61% Persians against 39% others.

But Pakistan doesn't have any dominated majority, the non-majorities in Pakistan are outnumbered.

45% are Punjabis, 15% are Pashtos, and equal 14% are Sindhis, 8% are Sarakis, 7.6% are Mujahirs, 3.5% are Baloch, and 4.66% are others!

So that's 45% Punjabis against 55% others.

You have a sickening parochial mentality.

For someone who uses the name " Pakistan and Proud" you have a very Anti-Pakistani approach.

Why are 45% Punjabis against their countrymen.

I think Pakistan has 100% Pakistanis ( not Punjabis, Sindhis, Balochis, Pushtoons or Urdu Speakers ).

P.S. And WTF is a Mahajir - we are all Pakistanis by birth. I am an Urdu speaker born and raised in Pakistan, not a Mahajir

BTW, most Iranians are actually Turks and not the Pars who are actually a smaller percentage of the ethnic make up -- anyway, what makea person a "Turk" or a "Persian" or a "punjabi or as I like to say a "Pounjabi" ?

@Pksage I didn't mean it like that sorry if I offended

No Problem Bro, I misunderstood. Did'nt mean to come down so hard on you. But you know what I mean. I get very upset with this regional thinking of provinces. We are all on the same boat in Pakistan. If our Pakistani boat sinks, we are all going down with it.
Peace

BTW, most Iranians are actually Turks and not the Pars who are actually a smaller percentage of the ethnic make up -- anyway, what makea person a "Turk" or a "Persian" or a "punjabi or as I like to say a "Pounjabi" ?

I have witnessed this in myself. A person's values and culture define them.

As for a punjabi, the word means literally means anyone that lives between the five rivers. They may be or pastun jatt, muslim or hindu.

The term has been hijacked by certain people with certain agendas.

So you are mostly Indo-Aryan why do you hate these Indians so much? :D

I have witnessed in us myself. A person's values and culture define them.

As for a punjabi, the word means literally anyone that lives between the five rivers. They may be or pastun jatt, muslim or hindu.

The term has been hijacked by certain people with certain agendas.

So values and "culture" -- but that really does not help - what makes a Pounjabi, pounjabi? What makes a Turk, a Turk or a Persian a Persian??

After all, most people share values and culture but are different ethnicity -- Perhaps all this ethnic stuff is immaterial, it's irrelevant - since if it is values and culture, any class of professionals has common values and culture, regardless of ethnicity

BTW, most Iranians are actually Turks and not the Pars who are actually a smaller percentage of the ethnic make up
Sorry? :what: Even Azeris of Iran are geneticaly more Iranian
Origin of the Azerbaijanis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And also Azeris of Republic of Azerbaijan are more Caucasian (like Armenians) rather than Turkic.
Turkmens & Qashqais of Iran are Turkic though.
... what makea person a "Turk" or a "Persian" or a "punjabi or as I like to say a "Pounjabi" ?
Language and heritage

Spare me the wiki stuff, brother - genetics and such - what next that we share more than 90% of genetic material with monkeys?? and that tell us what of interest??

So we have Values, "culture" and language and heritage -- most people are inheritors of multiple heritages and of course most of us speak more than one or two languages - so since Farsi is widely spoken in Iran, even Turkomen speak farsi, are they "persian"??? or the Kurd who speaks Turkish and shares values with Turks and Persians and arabs??

We are like "Piyaaz" Onions, each thin layer a layer of heritage, of inheritance -

So we have Values, "culture" and language and heritage -- most people are inheritors of multiple heritages and of course most of us speak more than one or two languages - so since Farsi is widely spoken in Iran, even Turkomen speak farsi, are they "persian"??? or the Kurd who speaks Turkish and shares values with Turks and Persians and arabs??
That depends. Several languages including English, Russian, Arabic, and also Persian and others, are called lingua franca. An English-speaker (including me and you) is not neccessarily Angles! So distinguishing depend on the language doesn't work in these cases. But one can say since you from the start of your life, and your parents, were Punjabi-speaker for instance (or as we call it, Panjabi) then you are ethnically Punjabi. AND, it depends on YOU identify* yourself with which one, if you consider yourself of Iranian heritage/culture/roots, then you'll be considered Irano-Punjabi.
*see Identity (social science) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See also Panethnicity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spare me the wiki stuff, brother - genetics and such - what next that we share more than 90% of genetic material with monkeys?? and that tell us what of interest??
That's in fact the most important way to educate origin of people. 90%? 0.000000001% difference in genetic results huge differences in output

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom