What's new

Per capita annual income rises to $1044 in 2012-13

Who is angry. Do you agree that illegal poor Indians laborers, working in Bangladesh, get more pay ($10,000) than the prime minister and president of Bangladesh? :omghaha:

huh ! ! rolly ! ! PM gets low benefit ? ! ! :cheesy:

Dear Bangladeshis,

how dare you talk logic with these indians?
They are supa pawa, & all her neibours are evils as they are the only creatures comes directly from heavens:omghaha: atleast thats whts these poor indians are taught in their hindi text books & state controlled media, soon they are gonna conquer Mars & become more mighty:devil::omghaha:

And still they receive British peoples' hard earned money as donation, a land almost 15 times smaller with less than 60 million people :ashamed: . I can't count indian population in million...can u :cuckoo: ?

I wish if Taka appreciates more and more so that I can buy expensive electronic devices at low cost. I am greedy for electronic devices. lol

Don't expect it more...it's making me cry :cry: .

The remittance to India from Bangladesh, the numbers don't add up. If there are 500,000 Indian workers in Bangladesh and they are remitting $3416 Million in a year, thats around $7500 per person per annum remittance. If each Indian illegal labour is sending that kind of money back home, they must be making atleast $10,000 as opposed to $1050 per capita gdp of Bangladesh. Geez I wonder whats so special about these Indian labourers that they are being paid 10 times more than an average Bangladeshi:woot:. So always do your math before trolling, you end up looking stupid otherwise.

It looks like a lot of Bangladeshi black money is coming to India in the name of "Remittance". Good for us.

:lol: And I don't believe in defending something you can't defend. Yes India economy has taken a hit thanks to the depreciating rupee, thanks to the Congress party, however all is not lost. Its too early to write India off, we ll be back and back with a bang.

Rupee has already started strengthening, it nearing 65 to a dollar and is expected to come down to 63 soon

Raghuram Rajan effect? Rupee may rise to 63/dollar, analysts say - NDTVProfit.com

Japan, India expand rupee swap line to $50 billion - NDTVProfit.com

Money is definitely going through black route and the sum shown there not only go from the labors...it's the Hindu people here who are sending their income every month to their heaven mostly investing in real estate there.

Oi I don't understand ! :unsure:

I was going through the UNDP Human Development Report of 2013 & in it in Table 1 on Page 146, the Gross National Income Per Capita was as follows :

India - $3,285

Pakistan - $2,566

Bangladesh - $1,785

I was going through the UNDP Human Development Report of 2013 & in it in Table 1 on Page 146, the Gross National Income Per Capita was as follows :

India - $3,285

Pakistan - $2,566

Bangladesh - $1,785

Per capita income doesn't mean every bloke got the same amount yaar, its just your GDP/GNI divided by the total population. After that the real crux lies in income distribution, for example Delhi's average per capita income is three times the national average.

I'm fearing this, within very short it came to far stronger position. Though I don't understand well about appreciation/depreciation of currency, I doubt there's a fabrication by BAL...before election probably they're showing some sort of stunts. I read that all the exporters are urging govt. to depreciate taka a bit otherwise they're gonna face difficulty with their products in intl. market. Excluding the NRBs pain for now :cry: .

There wasn't any "government manipulation". The figures are there as they are. Bangladesh Bank don't kid around :no:

Per capita income doesn't mean every bloke got the same amount yaar, its just your GDP/GNI divided by the total population. After that the real crux lies in income distribution, for example Delhi's average per capita income is three times the national average.

Nahin mujhee nahin pataaa thaaa naa jaiseee ! :disagree:

Dude, as per the same report Pakistan is better than you when it comes to the Income Inequality Index ! :smokin:

Nahin mujhee nahin pataaa thaaa naa jaiseee ! :disagree:

Dude, as per the same report Pakistan is better than you when it comes to the Income Inequality Index ! :smokin:

Obviously it does, how else do you think we have a higher per capita income, 10 times the GDP and yet a higher percentage of BPL? But we are also the fastest uplifters in the world- 300 million lifted from the BPL cat. in 5 years (twice the population of Pakistan, almost).

India - $3,285

Pakistan - $2,566

Bangladesh - $1,785
it means hijab muzahidn will pay you more than talib or HuJI .. but AQ wil pay much more

So now a langtodeshi questioning economists of business standard? Do you have any idea how GDP is calculated. What accounts for GDP growth? Real growth rings a bell? Inflation?

By watching your bashing, it seems only you know all the tiny points and definitions of national economy. That's great!!

India - $3,285

Pakistan - $2,566

Bangladesh - $1,785

That is in PPP, which takes account of the difference in the values of the prices of goods between countries. For example, if a kg of rice is cheaper in Pakistan than in BD, then if both countries had USD 1,000 per capita income, Pakistanis would be able to buy more rice for the same dollar cost.

With BD at 1044 and Pakistan at around 1300, then the day may not be far away when BD surpasses Pakistan. The current date of this happening will be around 2021 if the growth rates of both countries happen as predicted.:P

That is in PPP, which takes account of the difference in the values of the prices of goods between countries. For example, if a kg of rice is cheaper in Pakistan than in BD, then if both countries had USD 1,000 per capita income, Pakistanis would be able to buy more rice for the same dollar cost.

With BD at 1044 and Pakistan at around 1300, then the day may not be far away when BD surpasses Pakistan. The current date of this happening will be around 2021 if the growth rates of both countries happen as predicted.:P

Here is the up to date calculation of GDP and GNI in nominal and PPP term for the year 2012.

Population - 150 million (2012 estimate) - don't confuse with the expatriates about 8 million not counted in this.

GDP Nominal - $153.6 billion
GDP/Capita Nominal - $ 1024

GDP PPP - $307 billion
GDP/Capita - PPP - $2045

GNI Nominal - $168 billion
GNI/Capita Nominal - $1120

GNI PPP - $337 billion
GNI/Capita PPP - $2247

Per capita income now stands at 1120 dollar in nominal term and 2247 in PPP term.

Back
Top Bottom