What's new

#PeoplesDailyComments Why are Chinese mobile phones popular in India?

Only an idiot would not buy chinese brand such as xiaomi,vivo,oppo,huawei honor and i certianly me myself do not want to be an idiot,they are cheap and great,buying chinese brand phone means saving money for ourselves...
if indian phones are cheaper and greater,there is also no obsticale at all for me to buy indian phone!
I have no problem with good products in best price,no matter where it comes from,maybe a little hesitated when am dealing with jap products for multiple obvious reasons but if really there is no chinese alternative and it is urgented needed, eventually i think i would buy jap one,but if there is chinese alternative, i would support chinese brand for sure....i think indians bros may think the same!

:lol:Never ever underestimate the number of idiots in this world:lol:

Not dominate it is a too strong word,but serve the indian people after all it is indian people who are buying them,it is just a phone how on earth can it dominates a country?
Appel Iphone is the one extracting money of every country globally!

Last edited:
I used Nokia, Iphone, Samsung, now I have shifted to Vivo, the best for me so far (in using).
I guess I am going to stick on Chinese brands for good. Next will be Huawei, if they looks good.

Huawei is way better when compared to all Chinese phone brands is what is my opinion. Not 100% sure though in reality.

Poor indians can choose indian brands which dominate <5000 rupees range.
I think One Plus (>30000 rupees) is too expensive for indians.
They don't really have to sacrifice too much just for a smart phone.
Things like food and clothes are vital for them.

View attachment 444110
not expensive , its not worth 30k.
ppl who spend 30k or more dont want to be seen with a chinese mobile. bcos the brand image of chinese mobile is that they are cheap. But Iphone its not the case , even a run down iphone will have some prestige value.

Even if the mobile is made of gold it will still remain a lower or mid level brand.

View attachment 444110
Yes I agree, they should also not be stupid low iq morons like some people and sell their kidneys for somethings they are too poor to afford. Should spend on food and clothes instead.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.in...l-kidney-to-buy-new-handset-10501755.html?amp

one of the big reasons why 5k-10k mobiles are going strong is bcos those are disposable mobiles. ppl will use them max for 8-12months and then buy a new one by selling existing ones.

These old mobiles are sold in rural areas for even more less price. finally after some time mobile becomes a thrash value or stops working altogether.

Yes I agree, they should also not be stupid low iq morons like some people and sell their kidneys for somethings they are too poor to afford. Should spend on food and clothes instead.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-6s-chinese-men-try-to-sell-kidney-to-buy-new-handset-10501755.html?amp
Such rule especially applies to india where hunger is a worse issue compared to North Korea.

:lol:Never ever underestimate the number of idiots in this world:lol:
This is the first time, after searching indian news, I understand, in some country, 30000 rupees phones are considered premium instead of middle-range.....

Anyway, hope One Plus (considered premium priced phones in india) could do better in 2018.

Their success oversees is vital to China's moving up in the smart phone supply chain.

It sure is.Huawei has its own kirin920,930,950 960 and 970 CPU and AI chipset,far more advanced than all other chinese brands and is equal to international brands as well!
1513913423991.jpg

timg

Huawei is way better when compared to all Chinese phone brands is what is my opinion. Not 100% sure though in reality.

Such rule especially applies to india where hunger is a worse issue compared to North Korea.

This is the first time, after searching indian news, I understand, in some country, 30000 rupees phones are considered premium instead of middle-range.....

Anyway, hope One Plus (considered premium priced phones in india) could do better in 2018.

Their success oversees is vital to China's moving up in the smart phone supply chain.
NO, CPU, AI chipset, flash memory, CPU manufacturing techs, in a word core techs are the best key for future development, other wise, all Chinese brands are just like Chinese CD and DVD industry works for international IP masters only where 10 RMB earned 9 RMB belongs to the later!

Because OPPO sponsor Indian cricket alliance, you know Indian can't live without cricket :D

Because OPPO sponsor Indian cricket alliance, you know Indian can't live without cricket :D
Why didn't they allow india's ingenious brands to sponsor?
No money?
I think they are abundant in PPP currency.
Those indigenous brands are doing great in <5000 rupees range.

one of the big reasons why 5k-10k mobiles are going strong is bcos those are disposable mobiles. ppl will use them max for 8-12months and then buy a new one by selling existing ones.

These old mobiles are sold in rural areas for even more less price. finally after some time mobile becomes a thrash value or stops working altogether.

5K-10K (rupees) is too damn cheap, not dare to use.
At least 20-30K be a decent one.
By the way, in China, people don't re-sell old (existing) phones. Just throw them.
I have never seen anyone who sells so far. (However, in HongKong, it is different, especially Iphones).

As I’m a Chinese reporter based in India, many local taxi drivers would show me the Chinese-branded mobile phones that they are using. It is ordinary to see big ads with Indian celebrities endorsing Chinese mobile brands at airports, hotels, and even in remote rural areas. At the beginning of this year, I visited Bihar for an interview and found out that both sides of a street were occupied by ads of OPPO and VIVO, which impressed me deeply.

OPPO is reported to have received the permission from India to establish a factory in the country. It, therefore, becomes the fourth Chinese mobile brand that has its own factory in India, after VIVO, Xiaomi, and Huawei. China’s Xiaomi and Korea’s Samsung are currently the largest mobile phone brands in the Indian market, followed by Lenovo, VIVO and OPPO. Chinese brands have quickly got rid of the cheap tag since it entered the Indian market in 2014. The total sales volume accounts for more than a half of the mobile devices in the country, creating job opportunities for hundreds of thousands of Indian people.

Although the number of registered user has surpassed 900 million, the penetration of smart phone is below 20%, creating high demand for smart phones. And as Indian brands are not competitive enough, foreign companies have got the chance to divide the market. According to a mobile phone manufacturer, Chinese mobile brands are popular because they are cost-effective, localized, and closely attached with users.

The Narendra Modi government has set the value-added tax as low as 12% and tariff as 0 for locally-made mobile phones to encourage foreign companies to invest and set up factories in India. With the prosperity of Chinese brands in India, phones that are “made in India” by Chinese companies are due to receive warm acceptance.

(Yuan Jirong)

Only an idiot would not buy chinese brand such as xiaomi,vivo,oppo,huawei honor and i certianly me myself do not want to be an idiot,they are cheap and great,buying chinese brand phone means saving money for ourselves...
if indian phones are cheaper and greater,there is also no obsticale at all for me to buy indian phone!
I have no problem with good products in best price,no matter where it comes from,maybe a little hesitated when am dealing with jap products for multiple obvious reasons but if really there is no chinese alternative and it is urgented needed, eventually i think i would buy jap one,but if there is chinese alternative, i would support chinese brand for sure....i think indians bros may think the same!

Differentiation is vital.

VIVO is doing great in india.
VIVO+OPPO for medium price range (indian website defines as 10000-20000 rupees :o:)

xiaomi for 5000-10000 rupees (xiaomi's low-end is doing badly in China because this range has little market)

One Plus for >30000 rupees (defined as premium range in india)

Then, these brands are avoiding the price range <5000 rupees (basic smart phone + feature phone)
where india's local brands are doing pretty good.

View attachment 444105

View attachment 444108 View attachment 444107

Yes Chinese phones have improved at lot in last 3-4 years,

I remember in 2011-12, Chinese phones had a reputation for Cheap use and throw items,
It was a shame to carry Chinese phones, only those who cannot afford had Chinese phones.

In recent times product quality has improved a lot, and therefore acceptance has increased.
I admire Xiaomi as lot as a company and use it products, waiting for it TV launh in India

Why didn't they allow india's ingenious brands to sponsor?
No money?
I think they are abundant in PPP currency.
Those indigenous brands are doing great in <5000 rupees range.

OPPO apparently performed an extremely accurate surgical strike to Indian's consumer psychology, such surgical strike is definitely expensive, OPPO spend 10.8 billions rupee to perform such surgery. :partay:

Last edited:

View attachment 444110
have a look at the number of reviews on that screenshot and you will get to know that many people in India are capable of buying that phone, 6 months back i bought myself a one plus 3T, and it works flawless even now.
Chinese phones have beaten all the other brands in the Indian market and yes China is the manufacturing hub of the world and nobody beats them when it come to mass production of goods....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom