What's new

People chanting CHOR CHOR on shahbaz sharif at masjid e nabvi

That would only be the case if the judicial system was not compromised in favor of the PDM leadership and under the influence of the Army.

The influence of the Army is nothing new. It was used to remove exPMNS's government multiple times previously, as well as many others. It was used to remove exPMIK too, by removing the support that was used to push him into power. We both agree that this supra-Constitutional authority is not good for the country, but at least I recognize its role in ensuring the continued stability of the system, for better and for worse.

Look at it this way: the same courts and their lengthy processes would apply to any efforts by PDM to prosecute PTI leaders for any allegations. Summary justice may feel good, but it is truly a double edged sword that one day can be wielded by the other party. We must always insist on due process of law for all concerned, no matter who or what is in power. After all, the courts cannot all be in one camp, for surely the other parties have powerful connections inside them too. How can it be claimed to be one-sided only?
We saw due process recently. SC was open at midnight to help one side but were entirely oblivious to the murder suspect MNA in the Jokhio case being given bail to vote. Is it concievable that a US congressman on murder charges would be allowed to take part in such a vote?

And then we have the clear intrusion by SC in sovereignty of the parliamant as expressed by the office of the speaker.

The influence of the Army is nothing new. It was used to remove exPMNS's government multiple times previously, as well as many others. It was used to remove exPMIK too, by removing the support that was used to push him into power. We both agree that this supra-Constitutional authority is not good for the country, but at least I recognize its role in ensuring the continued stability of the system, for better and for worse.
The 'stability' you talk about is the stability of the elite & dynastic politicians in Pakistan and the retention of power and resources in the hands of said elite at the expense of most Pakistanis.

The stability of the system for Elites is, as you yourself said, not good for the country, and therefore should be opposed until change takes place.

The 'stability' you talk about is the stability of the elite & dynastic politicians in Pakistan and the retention of power and resources in the hands of said elite at the expense of most Pakistanis.

The stability of the system for Elites is, as you yourself said, not good for the country, and therefore should be opposed until change takes place.

As I said, for better AND for worse. It is not for me to judge the wisdom or the lack thereof of such a system, for every nation must decide for itself its way forward.

We both agree that this supra-Constitutional authority is not good for the country, but at least I recognize its role in ensuring the continued stability of the system, for better and for worse.
This is where the problem lies. Pakistan needs the army. You can bet your life that PK would have actually cracked along 3/4 pieces decades ago was it not for the army. That whether this would be a good thing is another matter but it would have gone the way Yugoslavia went.

Just take below in lighter mood but this is real

I asked one PTIan "Why IK doesn't grow beard since It is considered fard by most Muslim Scholars" and as it is understood from hadiths, the Messenger of Allah grew a beard as other prophets did and advised us to grow beards. In reply he said "Nawaz Sharif ki darhi hai koi" LOL

It's IK personal choice or maybe some genuine reason but this was just masoomana sawal. Don't mind.

It is not funny. Those who are arrested may spend in jail for the long time and possibly lifetime barred from Makkah and Madinah. 😥
Well liberals quoting Saudis is always funny. Saudis know the political tensions of Pakistan too. My guess is this issue would be resolved through back channels. Saudis wouldn't want to anger Imran Khan too. He is not a nobody and they know it.

Just take below in lighter mood but this is real

I asked one PTIan randomly "Why IK doesn't grow beard since It is considered fard by most Muslim Scholars" and as it is understood from hadiths, the Messenger of Allah grew a beard as other prophets did and advised us to grow beards. In reply he said "Nawaz Sharif ki darhi hai koi" LOL

It's IK personal choice or maybe some genuine reason but this was just masoomana sawal. Don't mind.
I guess u were both drinking from the same bottle that time may be?? 😁😄

Back
Top Bottom