What's new

Pentagon Preps Stealth Strike Force to Counter China

I don't think China and USA would go to war. Too much to lose for both.
They would project force to keep each other at a safe distance.

Wars start because of money.

but my point is when wars can't assure you the debt release and economic prosperity than why you need to wage a war for that....if the foe is militarily weak country like iraq with oil resources than its understood ...coz you have greater probability to attain the resources but with a strong country the probability is very less that your benefit will be more than the loss...its like a double edge sword

but my point is when wars can't assure you the debt release and economic prosperity than why you need to wage a war for that.... but with a strong country the probability is very less that your benefit will be more than the loss...its like a double edge sword

Benefit in this case would be removal or severe depletion of power of one of your greatest competitors if not the greatest. Sharing the risks (allies-the anti China camp that has teritorial disputes) also helps.
In any case, i believe if it were to come to anything, it would be a sort of "soft war", just choking off resource paths around Singapore and preventing projection of power to any of the inner islands.

if the foe is militarily weak country like iraq with oil resources than its understood ...coz you have greater probability to attain the resources

Funnily, most oil contracts from Iraq went to Chinese companies.

Benefit in this case would be removal or severe depletion of power of one of your greatest competitors if not the greatest. Sharing the risks (allies-the anti China camp that has teritorial disputes) also helps.
In any case, i believe if it were to come to anything, it would be a sort of "soft war", just choking off resource paths around Singapore and preventing projection of power to any of the inner islands.

and in the meanwhile you may end up loosing your power....i think proxy war can be most suitable scenario if US really wants to cripple China , the way US did to soviet union ...and for that you dont need a squadron of stealth fighters as mentioned in the article...any direct confrontation b/w china and US will not only cripple both of them but will also effect the whole region in a terrible way.... they are already stuck in afghanistan ...and we know their presence have caused harm to many neighboring countries ...also being high on words with iran aint gonna help anyone .....if US would have been so comfortable it would have waged war on iran long ago ...the point is US can't afford to with iran and china is altogether a different ball game ...the only thing US can do is exploit the bad relations of china with her neighboring countries but the most suitable for that may be taiwan

and in the meanwhile you may end up loosing your power....i think proxy war can be most suitable scenario if US really wants to cripple China , the way US did to soviet union ...and for that you dont need a squadron of stealth fighters as mentioned in the article...any direct confrontation b/w china and US will not only cripple both of them but will also effect the whole region in a terrible way.... they are already stuck in afghanistan ...and we know their presence have caused harm to many neighboring countries ...also being high on words with iran aint gonna help anyone .....if US would have been so comfortable it would have waged war on iran long ago ...the point is US can't afford to with iran and china is altogether a different ball game ...the only thing US can do is exploit the bad relations of china with her neighboring countries but the most suitable for that may be taiwan

Iran is under severe sanctions, half of their oil revenue is down due to them, country had to enforce capital flow and import restrictions to prevent hard currency leaving Iran as their own rial is loosing value. That's economic warfare.

Also it wouldn't take much to break China with soft power means. All you have to do is persuade the constant stream of foreign investors to stop what they are doing-to loose confidence in investing. If you couple that with some good old fashioned blockade of Mallacca straits....
China would try to tank it through with forex reserves but when it runs out.....whole banking system would crash (it is probably not so healthy as we are made to believe anyway).
On the other hand, pentagon did an assesment of China using US debt as a weapon, they found out it would not work so well because there are no other attractive options.

Iran is under severe sanctions, half of their oil revenue is down due to them, country had to enforce capital flow and import restrictions to prevent hard currency leaving Iran as their own rial is loosing value. That's economic warfare.

Also it wouldn't take much to break China with soft power means. All you have to do is persuade the constant stream of foreign investors to stop what they are doing-to loose confidence in investing. If you couple that with some good old fashioned blockade of Mallacca straits....
China would try to tank it through with forex reserves but when it runs out.....whole banking system would crash (it is probably not so healthy as we are made to believe anyway).
On the other hand, pentagon did an assesment of China using US debt as a weapon, they found out it would not work so well because there are no other attractive options.

China already tried to sell off half of its reserves, Japan snapped it up and the markets didn't blink an eye.

China's dollar reserves as a weapon are more useless than they have ever been.

China already tried to sell off half of its reserves, Japan snapped it up and the markets didn't blink an eye.

China's dollar reserves as a weapon are more useless than they have ever been.

first,
source on this, i do not recall china trying to sell off ~1 trillion in us bonds.

second,
sigh i see we have some people who dont know anything about economics. the reason selling off the reserves dont work cause it hurts everyone involved and china end up no better than the us, so its less china controlling the trigger as much as they both have their fingers on it.

but if we're at a point that the US is actively undermining the Chinese economy and it is undeniable and very visible way then all bets are off,

only the most diluted persons would say something like its easy to crash china by somehow convincing the investors to go somewhere else, right try telling the big businesses to walk away from profit. and of course the Chinese government would not respond to such a blatant economic attack in your warp mind, right?

first,
source on this, i do not recall china trying to sell off ~1 trillion in us bonds.

second,
sigh i see we have some people who dont know anything about economics. the reason selling off the reserves dont work cause it hurts everyone involved and china end up no better than the us, so its less china controlling the trigger as much as they both have their fingers on it.

but if we're at a point that the US is actively undermining the Chinese economy and it is undeniable and very visible way then all bets are off,

only the most diluted persons would say something like its easy to crash china by somehow convincing the investors to go somewhere else, right try telling the big businesses to walk away from profit. and of course the Chinese government would not respond to such a blatant economic attack in your warp mind, right?

China's Share of Reserves in U.S. Dollar Is Reduced - WSJ.com

Chinese dollar reserves are half of what they used to be according to this.

I've known it's useless as a weapon since I bothered to look into it years back, it is the 'CHINA STRONG!!!1!'ers and fearmongerers that have tried to characterize it as a weapon that China could use with no domestic ill effects. I'm not sure/doubt that China's government believed the propaganda, but that half of it is gone should put to rest any half knowledgeable speculation from either side that it could be used as a viable one.

I found this article amusing. If we were to deploy an Anti-China Camp in Asia, why would we need to deploy the stealth ourselve? From a military point of view, should we be selling Stealth Equipment to country like Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippine or even Vietnam if we want to destroy China?

Do bear in mind, we do not Border China, China did not have a border with us. We would not use immense resource to just "Deploy" an anti-China camp to 7000 mile away from home.

The chance of us starting a war with China is almost the same as if we start a war with Britain or Australia in near future.

However, i must say, people believe China cannot be replaced with any country in this world is simply wrong. Yes, China have the biggest population in the world, but they do not have the biggest spending per person in the world, the west like China because of the Cheap Cost (manpower, land and etc) which all can be replaced by just any country in the region.

It's never "If this is not China, then you have no profit" to begin with.

Many people in this forum see trade as a one way street. If the world stop trading with China, then the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Trade is a two way street. You cannot just hurt one side if the trade is blown off. In the end, when there is supply, there WILL be demand. It does not have to be China, it can just be anybody else.

The same can be say with foreign Capital, it does not have to be the west, it can be replaced with anybody else.

I don't see how important for people who keep saying "economic war will cripple [INSERT YOUR COUTNRY HERE]" it will not cripple anyone. Just shift the whole dynamic.

second,

The Sinodependency Index: Chindependence | The Economist

^^

Corporations with the biggest exposure to China.

The loosers of any sort of confrontation that would lead to a shooting war. Their assets would most likely get nationalized.

China also cannot flood the market with US $. It is a guarantee of some sorts.

An accurate description imho:

Policymakers still equate foreign reserves with national strength and may oppose any reform that would put the $3.3 trillion stockpile at risk.

To them, the FX reserves underpin confidence in the financial system, serving as a security blanket for both the government and financial markets.
Few believe China's banks are as healthy as they claim, while many local governments and state-owned enterprises are awash in debt.

But as long as investors and depositors believe Beijing could tap its foreign exchange reserves to fund a bailout, a run on banks or a credit crunch for local governments and state-owned enterprises is unlikely.

Link

In other words, nothing can happen to that foreign exchange reserve. And the ever rising gold reserve too.

Anyhow, try to take this as debate, not as me wishing you starve to death. Thanks.

good work by the usa.:usflag:
this will keep a check on china.

A great alliance will soon be formed in the future with US as it's Captain,this alliance will put an end to china once and for all.
India must help this alliance if not join it.

:rofl: :rofl:
God you Indians have no idea do you ? once America has finish its business with China they will turn their aggression on India , America shares its supremacy with no one. Israel is an exception.

:rofl: :rofl:
God you Indians have no idea do you ? once America has finish its business with China they will turn their aggression on India , America shares its supremacy with no one. Israel is an exception.

israel is an exception because america knows that ur tiny country is not a rival nor does it have the potential to challenge america.this is not the case with india.

Back
Top Bottom