What's new

Pentagon chief would back lifting restrictions on U.S. arms to Vietnam

Forget your words?

LOL, France must fight with vietnamese but not Chinese if vietnam is a independent country.:p:

Vietnamese also come for helping China.
6630779693654093992.jpg

Well, that is the war all vietnameses looking for right?

US plan lifting arm sale to Vietnam, means all Vietnamese looking for war?
Russia offer arm sale to Vietnam, China, and we buy a lot from Russia for several decades. Now what?

:crazy::crazy:

LOL, do you think they look like vietnameses?

The capture of Bắc Ninh, 12 March 1884
Taking-of-bac-ninh.jpg

The battle of Kép, 8 October 1884
Combat_de_Lang-Kep.jpg

The capture of Lạng Sơn, 13 February 1885.
1920px-Capture_of_Lang_Son.jpg
you forget the French invasion of Vietnam began in 1858, when China did not bother lifting a finger.

China intervened very late when recognised the French would use Vietnam as springboard to invade China. most Chinese soldiers fighting in Vietnam were bandits of ethnic Zhuang. the so-called black-flag. they did not fight for freedom of Vietnam, but for money, looting our properties.

but we are off-topic.

Your way of thinking is so strange.
Vietnam bought Airbus C-295, Sukhoi Su-30, Boeing 787, Israeli EXTRA missiles or maybe later US C130J , Fxx ...
it's nothing related to betrayal.

You're wrong about loyalty. Vietnam buy weapon from Russia not because that reflect our loyalty to Russia but choose what the best from available list.

Same to the Australia deal of submarine, we buy what fit to our requirement.
The lifting of arm ban from US open the new weapon mart for us.
More choice, ... of advanced weapons.

It's better for us, just like India who buy weapons from Russia, US, Israel, ... at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, Vietnam can buy arms from US, Russia, Israel..., what I tried to say is with the same defense budget when you buy from US mean you will have less to buy from Russia, Vietnam will be at the same situation as India which Russia's influence will be gradually take over by US and you think that will please Russia? No Russia will not but China will be please because an upset Russia will "likely" open to sell China more advance weapons to compensate their lost in arm sale market which they were reluctant to do that in the pass for not p1ss Vietnam or India....and you can witness the recent announcement such S-400, Su-35 and other Sino-Russian military cooperation, ultimately China will offset and balance technologically the advanced weapons acquired by our neighbor such India or Vietnam from US.

Actually, the lift of arm sale from US have more meaning than just the right to buy US weapons.
They are:
- Any small part or components with US origin in other airplane, warship, radars system, ...

At this moment, Vietnam already get approval to buy some non-lethal weapons, weapons for maritime security under a case by case of US.

For example, Vietnam can't buy this without approval of US:
EADS CASA C295 AEW
EADS_CASA_C-295_AEW.jpg

may_bay5.jpg

even this need US approval ( 3 already delivered )

c-295-3.jpg

Last edited:
GPD of Vietnam estimates to double in less than 10 years once TPP in effective.
at a given ratio of GDP, the defence budget could be doubled.

At current situation, Vietnam climbed to rank 8th globally in defense purchase.

Instead of aircraft carrier, we buy submarines.
Instead of destroyers, we built Fast Attack Ship and their AShM
Instead of stealth fighters, we buy advanced radars.
Instead of attack helos, we built MANPADs
Instead of MBTank, we built ATGM, RPG

Instead of keeping the bad memory for long, we make friends with former foes ( Japan, South Korea, France, US, .. )

viet-nam-van-muon-mua-sat-thu-san-ngam-p-3c-orion.jpg

viet-nam-se-mua-dai-bang-f15-de-phoi-hop-cung-su30mk2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this one
nga-viet-nam-ra-sao-khi-my-do-lenh-cam-vu-khi.jpg

or this one
p34kxks_seyz.jpg

viet-nam-van-muon-mua-sat-thu-san-ngam-p-3c-orion-hinh-5.jpg

hai-quan-viet-nam-len-may-bay-san-ngam-p3c-orion-my-04.jpg

Maybe has this type of gifts ( as to Indonesia F-16 C/D Block 52ID )
Indonesia_F-16_Lockheed.jpg

30 of these are gifts to Vietnam
Metal-Shark-Franklin-Yard-Reduced-Size-Image.jpg

Metal Shark 45' Defiant-class patrol boats completed and ready for shipment

--------------

Last edited:
This one could help Vietnam to intercept any derailed missile from North Korea.
mfc-thaad-info-web-page-intercepting-hr.jpg

mfc-030615-thaad-infographic.jpg

1. your post isn't quite related.
2. actually, Mekong get not much water from China.
3. there's special rule for control the river, you can't simply stop the river, at least more than 3 countries would stand up against you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conve...vigational_Uses_of_International_Watercourses
Mekong_River_watershed.png

And your post regarding THAAD is relevant to claim a derailed NK missile into Vietnam? you just like to bullsh1t as usual, it's more likely that China will derailed it missiles to Vietnam than anyone else.:P

calm down, calm down, bros.

Vietnam has its right to purchase the weapons from US if the restrictions removed by the White House. I think we should all respect the right of Vietnam.

I think what should be discussed is which weapons systems are fitted to Vietnam. I mean, both from the angles of application areas and budget size. The patriot missiles? or F35?

I applaud your rational comment.

instead of being confrontational like some, you acknowledged Vietnam's sovereign right to buy weapons and want to discuss budget size and what weapons could possibly be a fit for Vietnam.

I'm of course no expert on Vietnam's possible budgetary limits, but I wonder how much advanced arms it could afford to buy from US?

You mentioned F35. Obviously quite expensive, and maybe overkill for what it needs

Last edited:
I applaud your rational comment.

instead of being confrontational like some, you acknowledged Vietnam's sovereign right to buy weapons and want to discuss budget size and what weapons could possibly be a fit for Vietnam.

I'm of course no expert on Vietnam's possible budgetary limits, but I wonder how much advanced arms it could afford to buy from US?

You mentioned F35. Obviously quite expensive, and maybe overkill for what it needs

They're interested to buy US carrier battle group, P8 and nuclear subs with very long termed credit with zero interest, I don't bullsh1t, go ask @NiceGuy or @Viva_Viet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom