What's new

Pentagon chief would back lifting restrictions on U.S. arms to Vietnam

What you describe is called Stockholm Syndrome. Not too long ago, the vast majority in Germany loved the US, but this has turned as more people are seeing behind the veil of the comprehensive propaganda. Your lack of sophistication in understanding how comprehensive propaganda works is appalling. I recommend you to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

I understand very well how propaganda works, but the political picture here is not the result of propaganda, and the Communist government of Vietnam is certainly not going to cooperate with American propaganda either, they are very weary of getting too close to the US. What you don't want to understand is that in this region there is a bigger threat called China and US fulfills a useful role in balancing and containing that threat.

Your disregard for the actual realities of the strategic situation in the region and the chinese threat is appalling man.
You are just seeing what you want to see.

I understand very well how propaganda works, but the political picture here is not the result of propaganda, and the Communist government of Vietnam is certainly not going to cooperate with American propaganda either, they are very weary of getting too close to the US. What you don't want to understand is that in this region there is a bigger threat called China and US fulfills a useful role in balancing and containing that threat.

Your disregard for the actual realities of the strategic situation in the region and the chinese threat is appalling man.
You are just seeing what you want to see.

American , you are welcomed.

It is nice to see Embargo lifted completely.
Many didnt mention that there is a very strong connection between two for several years.

Million Viet Kieu may dislike the regime but they love their relatives still live in Vietnam, and they didnt ignore chance to invest in Vietnam.

In number, Viet Kieu investment back to Vietnam is much bigger than US companies investment. Estimate there hundreds billion dollars from US transfered back to Vietnam by US Viet Kieu, and profit just stay within Vietnam.

And From Russia.

Last edited:
Vietnamese people never fought an enemy twice. There's an exceptional case. China / Yuan Mongol.
Vietnam made friends to all of their former enemies. France, Japan, USA ... there's little chance for the second war to them.

Simple answer, ask the Vietnamese people themselves what they think about it. Don't try to impose your views on them, or talk on their behalf.

They got over it already. They see that war as a blimp in time, is all in past tense, China, on the other hand, its next door and they been fighting with them for 2000 years, not 10 years. Vietnamese are the most pro American country in Asia and I'm talking about the population, 70 to 80 % like USA. You might find it difficult to understand, but that's what it is. Vietnamese hate chinese, they hate their guts. Period. In this region, everybody hates the chinese and they have good reasons for that. You talk about the war, but Vietnamese people don't talk about it anymore.

The whole region is pro American, they are very clear about what the threat is, they know and understand chinese very well. Actually, chinese actions have pushed all these countries into the lap of USA.

2 A bombs or not, ask the Japanese what they prefer, They also massively dislike the chinese. Now the chinese are starting to drop hints that they have rights to Okinawa. China practices hard core imperialism, the old fashion way, they take from others what they want as they are doing now in the SCS and once they are done there, they'll go for the Malacca strait. I guess you don't see that.

I understand your position very well and I share much of your convictions, but the world is not all black and white and there is more than one hegemon and people here have already decided which hegemon they dislike most.

Back
Top Bottom