What's new

PDF Color Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mods/Admins can spare time to give reasons for every deleted message and thread as a footnote well they can think over.

However, there is already a User Survival Guide which gives such caution before hand. But unfortunately non of us cared to read it.
thats the reason webby didnt bother to put it in his signature anymore lol:lol::lol:

If Mods/Admins can spare time to give reasons for every deleted message and thread as a footnote well they can think over..

Jana just imagine a scenario where Mod have to delete 20 posts due to what ever reason. Deleted/ disappeared post won't do any good but .... 20 post with deleted content replaced by warning/ and reason for post deletion in red font will send chill to offender's spine and he/ she will be more exposed in front of whole community. He/ she will have more compelling reason to behave next time he/ she post.

@WebMaster @Zakii @Oscar @Aeronaut @Rafael @Neptune @nuclearpak can you implementing this approach if possible??

However, there is already a User Survival Guide which gives such caution before hand. But unfortunately non of us cared to read it.

Exactly nobody reads them....so user guide should be sent as a PM as soon as the member registers.

reason for post deletion in red font will send chill to offender's spine and he/ she will be more exposed in front of whole community. He/ she will have more compelling reason to behave next time he/ she post.
True.

The unregistered and "to be" members too get the message.

Reactions: sms
Jana just imagine a scenario where Mod have to delete 20 posts due to what ever reason. Deleted/ disappeared post won't do any good but .... 20 post with deleted content replaced by warning/ and reason for post deletion in red font will send chill to offender's spine and he/ she will be more exposed in front of whole community. He/ she will have more compelling reason to behave next time he/ she post.

@WebMaster @Zakii @Oscar @Aeronaut @Rafael @Neptune @nuclearpak can you implementing this approach if possible??
weren't deleted posts in past there with reasons. So yeh if they can do it

OH BTW Some shameless offender never mend ways

I can not edit my past posts. Like if I post something 2 weeks back and I want to edit them. Edit option disappears from old posts

I can not edit my past posts. Like if I post something 2 weeks back and I want to edit them. Edit option disappears from old posts
that happened earlier too. i am quite sure.
perhaps u didnt notice.

I limited moderation experience from other forums and I feel that it's always good to close thread/ delete posts not abiding to forum rules. But it's always good to replace deleted content of post with reasons of deleting with warning appearing for poster.

About closing thread reason/ clause must be mentioned for other to take note and get clear message.

In short, disappeared messages / closed thread do help keep forum clean but DOES NOT sends messages to masses but added text with warning does and proves very help full in long term!!
Levina

The thing is, you may have moderated in less busy forum. We leave the reason where it is deemed appropriate. Imagine, you come to PDF, you have 25 pending posts, you start moderating each. Some of them needs longer time to find out if the reported post is valid or the real culprit is somebody else.

If you start leaving reason for each thread it may take 35 minutes to moderate all
If you don't leave the reason and moderate quickly it may take 20 minutes to moderate all

It is ok for one or two days but when you are moderating regularly and all the time, it is really hard job to leave the reason for deleting each post. We however try to leave the reason for most of the times when it is needed most and especially when we are closing the thread we do leave the reason for closing the thread unless it's just one of the many duplicate threads running on the forum or it is simply not worth it.

Spring Onion has already highlighted common reasons for closing the thread

@WebMaster when someone mentions me in his post, I get a notification. But someone else quote that same post in a reply, in which I was mentioned, I get another notice that quoter mentioned me in his post which he actually quoted the original post.

IDK if i've explained it well lol, but you also must have experienced the same issue.

Also about Andriod app, from where can I check the notifications? Like if someone has quoted my post??

@WebMaster when someone mentions me in his post, I get a notification. But someone else quote that same post in a reply, in which I was mentioned, I get another notice that quoter mentioned me in his post which he actually quoted the original post.

IDK if i've explained it well lol, but you also must have experienced the same issue.

Also about Andriod app, from where can I check the notifications? Like if someone has quoted my post??
I have the same issue, @WebMaster

I should say that new forum looks way better on phone now.

iphone818.1383217949.png
Hello now from mobile device the forum looks like this:
img_0484.1385454650.png

Is it possible to return it to previous shape all in one row? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom