What's new

PCB selects Moin Khan as chief selector for Pakistan cricket team

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Former cricket team captain Moin Khan will be the chief selector for the Pakistan cricket team by appointment of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), reported Express News on Monday.

Selectors Saleem Jaffar, Farukh Zaman and Azhar Khan will remain in their positions as before and will aid the chief selector in making decisions.

Earlier, Khan demanded the sacking of national coach Dav Whatmore following the team’s 3-0 whitewash by South Africa on February 28, saying a local man should replace him.

Khan also criticised Test and one-day captain Misbahul Haq.

“Both coach and captain are fighting for survival. They should have a plan and a vision with which they should leave the team on a firm footing but I can’t see any plan. Instead, they keep their interests before the team.”

LAHORE: Former cricket team captain Moin Khan will be the chief selector for the Pakistan cricket team by appointment of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), reported Express News on Monday.

Selectors Saleem Jaffar, Farukh Zaman and Azhar Khan will remain in their positions as before and will aid the chief selector in making decisions.

Earlier, Khan demanded the sacking of national coach Dav Whatmore following the team’s 3-0 whitewash by South Africa on February 28, saying a local man should replace him.

Khan also criticised Test and one-day captain Misbahul Haq.

“Both coach and captain are fighting for survival. They should have a plan and a vision with which they should leave the team on a firm footing but I can’t see any plan. Instead, they keep their interests before the team.”

He's only appointed as an interim chief selector to select under 23.

He has spoken against the selection and the team set up in the past. I am curious to see what changes he plans to implement. He was known as a fighter during his playing days. I really hope he will select players with the same mentality.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

He has spoken against the selection and the team set up in the past. I am curious to see what changes he plans to implement. He was known as a fighter during his playing days. I really hope he will select players with the same mentality.

Ali Khan

are you hunting talibans in PCB too?

Ali Khan

Well this is surprising :wacko:

Ali Khan

Oh plz dont tell us Moin Khan is ur drone in PCB.... :ashamed:

Ali Khan

Good call Centcom. I totally agree.....:D

well and good step time has come to send javed miandad intekhab alam and people like shoaib mohd etc all 70s 80s era people outside pcb 90 era people should come and do better decisions amir sohail wasim inzimam rashid saeed all are sincere and will do better for the team and do not bring waqar politic agent

Rashid's Latif would have been a better choice due to his undisputed character.

Back
Top Bottom