What's new

PCB chief invited to IPL final

PoKeMon

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The BCCI has invited Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Zaka Ashraf to watch the IPL final to be played in Chennai on May 27. Ashraf confirmed that he received the invitation from the Indian board a few days ago.

"I see the invitation as another positive step forward in further normalising bilateral cricket ties between the two countries," Ashraf said. "The invitation will allow me to undertake a two-day visit to India and I plan to use this visit to have informal discussions with the Indian board officials regarding enhancing chances of restoring bilateral cricket ties."

Recently, the BCCI had announced that it had no objection to the participation of Pakistan T20 title-holders Sialkot Stallions in this year's Champions League Twenty20 tournament, a move welcomed by the PCB.

"We want to play India regularly in bilateral matches and we are willing to talk to them at every level to achieve this," Ashraf said. "I will be speaking to them on this when I go to India."

The PCB had been pushing for the inclusion of a side from Pakistan, the only major Test-playing nation to not have had teams in the CLT20 since its inception. Sialkot were invited to the inaugural edition of the tournament towards the end of 2008, but it was put off after the terror attacks in Mumbai in November that year.

Those attacks strained political relations between India and Pakistan and, subsequently, bilateral cricketing ties between the two countries were severed. Pakistan players - with the exception of Azhar Mahmood (who also has a British passport) this year - have not been a part of the IPL since.

Source: cricinfo

BCCI stalwarts are hypocrites! They have no hesitation in inviting the PCB chief but don't allow Pakistani players in the IPL? WTF? :sniper:

They must stop this nonsensical politicization of sport and allow Pakistani cricketers to participate to raise the standards of the IPL!

I Must Say PCB Chief should not Accept BCCIs invitation;)... Not inviting Pak Player while inviting PCB chief for IPL ... Hypocrites :tdown:

BCCI on Full Troll MODE :lol:

BCCI stalwarts are hypocrites! They have no hesitation in inviting the PCB chief but don't allow Pakistani players in the IPL? WTF? :sniper:

They must stop this nonsensical politicization of sport and allow Pakistani cricketers to participate to raise the standards of the IPL!

Sir,I think you missed the news about BCCI facilitating a Pakistani T20 Team getting invited to CHAMPIONS LEAGUE( Stallions,I think).

Agreed, BCCI is not a model organisation,But Pakistani Players need IPL rather then the other way around.Let them behave first,please refer to Tanvir Sohail and Shahid Afridi's statements for that.

I guess the way IPL scandals & corruption are highlights in media PCB chairman should avoid such invitations.

They should not have banned pak players in first place. Good initiative though.

They had no option but to ban players after mumbai incident as public anger was at its peak .. But they are polite enough to use the right time to normalise the cricketing relation .. Point to be noted is it was public pressure then but it is their proactive decision now ..

I guess the way IPL scandals & corruption are highlights in media PCB chairman should avoid such invitations.

Please check which Team has had most players banned for Match Fixing in the last Decade.
Also, Check how the PCB has been trying to woo BCCI for resumption Indo-Pak Cricketing ties,you will be surprised.

so why crying when world avoid pakistan invitation.

Remember spot fixing and terror attack?

They did not ban them,... But franchises, didnt choose them in auctions...
And ya i would have liked to see afridi(big hearted pakistani), umar gul, umar akmal in IPL though...

They did not ban them,... But franchises, didnt choose them in auctions...
And ya i would have liked to see afridi(big hearted pakistani), umar gul, umar akmal in IPL though...

Good initiative to normalize the sour cricketing relations between the two countries-

BCCI or say IPL is not against Pakistan cricket. Azhar Mahmud playing in IPL is the example. Though technically he is not pak player but ethically he is.

IPL follows government guidelines which are mere reflection of public sentiments. Once public emotion settles down, the BCCI revamp the indo-pak cricket ties.

So saying BCCI is anti PCB is rough.

Azhar Mahmud playing in IPL is the example

ummmmm do you know how he can play he is playing through british citizenship it means as a british citizen that means ipl is still anti pakistani players but yeah slowly these steps are helping rekindle old ties which is very good

Please check which Team has had most players banned for Match Fixing in the last Decade.
Also, Check how the PCB has been trying to woo BCCI for resumption Indo-Pak Cricketing ties,you will be surprised.

okkk so our pcb is acting like a grown up and telling bcci to understand that its a game and pakistan vs india is best in the game so lets have a match

Back
Top Bottom