What's new

PCB appoints Misbah as Test captain

compak

Reaction score
Misbah-AFP-640x480.jpg
KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) sprang a surprise by appointing Misbahul Haq as captain for the upcoming test series against South Africa, while retaining Shahid Afridi as skipper for the One Day Internationals (ODI) and T20 matches.
PCB spokesman Nadeem Sarwar confirmed the appointments and said details would be given later.
The appointment of Misbah is a surprise given that he was only recalled to the national team for the ODIs and T20 against South Africa on Thursday after a gap of six months.
The 36-year-old, who has never captained Pakistan in test matches, last played in the T20 World Cup in West Indies and his last test appearance was in January against Australia in Sydney.
National selectors announced a new-look squad for the two tests against South Africa by recalling opener Taufeeq Umar for the first time since he played against England in August 2006.
Also recalled was fast bowler Mohammad Sami, who was dropped after the Australian tour.
Selectors also showed confidence in youngsters Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq and Zulqarnain Haider.
Test squad for the matches in South Africa is as follows:
Imran Farhat, Taufeeq Umar, Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali, Mohammad Yousuf, Asad Shafiq, Misbah-ul-Haq (Capt), Zulqarnain Haider, Danish Kaneria, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Umar Gul, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir (subject to fitness).

PCB appoints Misbah as Test captain – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
Wtf, Wtf. A man is appointed as captain who has no permanent place in the team. :hitwall::hitwall:

what a rubbish appointment he dont deserve to be playing in A team how he can be captain you listened in your life about players who won you the matches but misbah is opposite to those he is a players who lost you a winning match and he is not good test batsman and rubbish in ODI better leave the spot free and play with 10 players if i have to play him i would have free the spot welll seems like ejaz butt days are near to be sacked and i must criticese the *** **** zardari after these all **** probleums he is keeping hin for what dont know why younis khan not he is a match winner good captain fielder 100000 times bettter than misbah such a waste i dont want to see sereis in which misbah is palying i will gurantee you how many times did we have to bring him in and we will get always failures this time i dont think so will be any different

He was the top scorer in the Domestic season. Probably he has regained his form. Batting line up is as fragile as ever. Good thing Kamran Akmal is not in the team. I hope the keep all the betters out.

hahahahaha he always done welll in pakistan domestic and sir even if you bat in dead pakistani domestic pitches you can score much more than misbah it is not about the form his technique is wrong his mindset is wrong sometimes he play too many dots bowls and sometimes he hit them like rubbish players can't forget the match between pak vs australia in abudhabi where we needed less than 200 runs openers made 110 partnership and when misbah came in what he has to do just nudge the bowls here and there and he did play rubbish shot when he got out we lost the match i dont bellieve on his batting even on batsman paradise if he plays im sure we will loose even he scores im sure we will loose tell me in which match he scored highest in batting and we won none but he scored highest in many matches but we lost all of them

He is suppose to work around the so called hitters of the cricket ball. But you are right He is just brought in because of this captaincy issue. If Ijaz Butt goes early according to the rumor and Younis Khan comes in things may change a little.

what the heck this is yar??? :angry: Why they didn't selected Younis Khan?? :angry: he is the best choice for test captain...

Ijaz butt K**** :angry:

if you want to kick *** of butt better kick *** for zardari he is behind everything mushy was better in this case if musy was president his days was gone year ago hope zaradari bee kicked first no changhes we will get untill this zardari is here keep bringing corrupt people in the system and veins of pakistan and i thank to pakistan court to open all cases against him specially swiss cases

Back
Top Bottom