What's new

Pathankot operations a national embarrassment, who will take the responsibility?

Funny hear some posters claim its a false flag and some say Indian forces are so un proffesional? U guys make up your mind first......

I am not criticizing your forces they can be very well trained but 16 hours is very huge time to tackle only 6 terrorist. The point is if JeM involvement is not cleared then why your media is raising propaganda against Pakistan. You know this group is involved in attacks on Pakistan government personnel and minorities.

Bhai phle likha hua theek se padh. Who says there is no JeM invovlement?

pathankot_reuters1.jpg

New Delhi: The Pathankot terror attack is a huge national embarrassment. There can be no arguments over it. It has exposed the inefficiency and incompetence of our intelligence agencies, Punjab Police and the lack of coordination among the various agencies involved in taking on the terrorists and flushing them out.

In a shocking incident, a Superintendent of Police rank officer was easily abducted along with his official vehicle, his friend taken as a hostage, a driver found dead in his Innova vehicle, but the police and the central intelligence agencies failed to act swiftly. They lost precious 14 hours in trying to analyse and plan the search operations.

All this happened near one of the most heavily guarded international borders in the world. Not in a far away place not used to terror attacks.

Yet, the response was extremely poor and embarrassing.

The Pakistan backed Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists easily gained access into a vital Indian Air Force Station at Pathankot. They managed to cause the intended damage and instill fear across India.

The inefficient handling of the operation cost us the lives of seven soldiers and also damaged the reputation of our elite security forces.

After Saturday's operations, the Centre even declared that the entire operation was over and all the terrorists have been killed. On Sunday, the firing once again began causing fear and embarrassment at the same time. Two terrorists actually stayed inside the IAF Station undetected the entire Saturday night.

What a dreaded news! What a national embarrassment!!

After the SP reported that his vehicle was hijacked by suspected terrorists, the police and other agencies should have heightened security across all vital installations near the border. If they had done that, they could have stopped the terrorists outside or at least at the gates of the Pathankot IAF Station. It clearly shows that despite tall claims of "high alert" nothing was actually done on the ground and authorities were actually groping in the dark.

Any well trained and professional military force and the police would definitely have stopped these terrorists at the gate.

Local media reports suggest that the Punjab Police and other security agencies initially refused to take the words of the abducted SP seriously. They wasted a lot of precious time. Even the murder of a taxi driver did not force them to launch a massive manhunt.

These incidents were treated like ordinary crimes and not like a possible terror attack.

Where were the terrorists hiding between the night of January 1 and January 2? What were they doing? We are yet to get the answer to these questions.

It exposes the lapse on part of Punjab Police too. Like most other states, Punjab Police is also highly politicised and morale is also not high.

Sukhbir Singh Badal, the Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab, is not ready to take the blame. He said "Punjab Police is the last line of defence. The primary responsibility is with the Border Security Force. Our police immediately informed the Centre. We are not at fault. This is not the time for blame game."

The Centre claims that even after it dispatched the elite National Security Guards to Pathankot, the Punjab Police failed to locate the terrorists.

Just six months before the incident, the Punjab had witnessed a similar incident at Gurdaspur. The state police were able to kill all the terrorists, though they lost some brave officers in the fight.

What has happenned in Pathankot clearly shows that no lessons have been learnt from the past.

Even the clearance operations on Sunday was not as per the standard operating procedures of the Army. An officer Lieutenant Colonel Niranjan of the elite NSG Bomb Disposal Squad died in an explosion when he searched the body of a slain terrorist. Worse, two more terrorists were holed up inside the vast campus even as he was clearing the area.

The security agencies must explain what went wrong to the nation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar must take stock of the situation and order strict action against erring officers.

After watching the botched up Pathankot security operations, the masters of the terrorists in Pakistan must be smiling. This is exactly what they wanted.

Pathankot incident should be treated like a national embarrassment. There is nothing to claim that India successfully "averted" a major disaster, something like the 26/11 incident of Mumbai.

Will the National Security Advisor Ajit Doval care to explain? A good 24 hour lead was wasted and the terrorists had easy access to a top IAF base. According to media reports Modi and Parrikar, who are touring Karnataka have discussed the gravity of the situation and are likely to come out with an explanation.

Hope, it will be the last such embarrassment.

Pathankot operations a national embarrassment, who will take the responsibility?-INews - IBNLive Mobile
No civlians killed and no aircraft lost (or even damaged) as was the terrorists primary objective- this is a strategic win.

The loss of life is unrecognizable but all died doing their duty, I'm yet to understand where the "failure" or "embarrasment" comes from- unless you are an idiot in desperate need of some attention whilst the funeral pires are still smouldering an tears of the famillies still flowing of the REAL MEN.

If our army is not comparable to yours then why your forces didn't completed the operation yet. 16 hours has been passed and stil we are hearing bullet shots. Dear our forces cleared mehran base in minutes. :coffee:.
At the loss of many more lives and VAST strategic assets. This is a most stupid and ,frankly, digreading analogy to make.

If Mehran looks like a win to you guys, I'd like some of what you're drinking in that cup...

The special forces taught to remain alive at every cost and destroy enemy till last breath
You can't be taught to "remain alive at every cost", save your childish nonsense for somewhere else. This isn't the movies, this isn't the propoganda you get taught about your military- just like all of us Special Forces members are made of flesh and bone requiring the same ingredients to remain alive. Inflict horrific blast damage to anyone and the results will be the same.

The juxtopostion of a loser sat behind a keyboard demeaning the actions of someone who would walk TOWARDS live ammuntion with the explicit inent of being the first person to handle them and knowing full well of the dangers they are taking, could not be more apparent.

@PARIKRAMA @Koovie @Vauban @Levina

No civlians killed and no aircraft lost (or even damaged) as was the terrorists primary objective- this is a strategic win.

The loss of life is unrecognizable but all died doing their duty, I'm yet to understand where the "failure" or "embarrasment" comes from- unless you are an idiot in desperate need of some attention whilst the funeral pires are still smouldering an tears of the famillies still flowing of the REAL MEN.

At the loss of many more lives and VAST strategic assets. This is a most stupid and ,frankly, digreading analogy to make.

If Mehran looks like a win to you guys, I'd like some of what you're drinking in that cup...
Same militants attack our airbases and we lost strategic assets but when they attack yours nothing happened. Why?

You can't be taught to "remain alive at every cost", save your childish nonsense for somewhere else. This isn't the movies, this isn't the propoganda you get taught about your military- just like all of us Special Forces members are made of flesh and bone requiring the same ingredients to remain alive. Inflict horrific blast damage to anyone and the results will be the same.

The juxtopostion of a loser sat behind a keyboard demeaning the actions of someone who would walk TOWARDS live ammuntion with the explicit inent of being the first person to handle them and knowing full well of the dangers they are taking, could not be more apparent.

First page bro post no 8. .. i had replied with honesty.. simple fact is GOI had till now named no country and this news article names a country... it loses credibility there itself.. its shameful that media played a very silly and embarrassing role in this whole ops..

Indian Government officials said that whenever the two sides meet, be it at the Foreign Secretary-level or in National Security Advisor - level, all proof of Pakistani links of the terrorists would be given for action.

The call details of the phone used by the terrorists, number of their handler in Pakistan would certainly be shared with the neighbouring country in the next available opportunity for taking action against them, officials said.

If you don't teach them to stay alive them then don't call them special operatives. Because it is the first lesson of special operative to stay alive and destroy your enemy. Life is more precious than military aircraft and related material at least we don't believe the mythology of seven Janam. The failure is some one try to dispose IED and blew himself. Is it the training level of your forces to blow with a planted IED or to dispose it perfectly. Damn this is the third day you are still hearing bullet shots from bases.Why you don't use sniffing dogs to locate the terrorist. Your soldiers died on line of duty who are not very well prepared to tackle these situation. Why you send untrained people for these operation you loose human life by the hand of some empty minded person.We cannot see the dead bodies of your soldiers because we know how difficult it is when some one loose it's brother, father and son. We faced these events many times and know how difficult it is to face loss of human life.

Indian Government officials said that whenever the two sides meet, be it at the Foreign Secretary-level or in National Security Advisor - level, all proof of Pakistani links of the terrorists would be given for action.

The call details of the phone used by the terrorists, number of their handler in Pakistan would certainly be shared with the neighbouring country in the next available opportunity for taking action against them, officials said.
How can we control this mindset we are already facing more deadliest attacks by them. We have common enemy who are against table talks and peace.

The only Indian aspiration is bragging. India should stop blaming Pakistan for all it problems. Especially it will come up with an excuse to do nothing.

Also chinese should stop poking nose in indo pak bilateral adffairs.

Trust me majority Pakistanis are against this bloodshed, we want peace in region and table talks to resolve internal issues.
I welcome good gesture of peace by both PMs. Let us form a union.Let us bring peace among us.
My grandpa used to say that our ancestors were from skardu.
Want to visit that place before i die.
Regards:tup:

You can simply blame Pakistan, the ISI and Finally Hafiz Saeed and hide all your own failures, weaknesses and incompetence.

This is what happen always......

After that we will read about "success" stories of Indian Special forces and Intelligence agencies......and stuff like that.

not to mention Colgate Pakistan for providing the toothpaste...
and EBM for providing high calorie biscuits...

All the assailants have been killed,no important assets were damaged,why is it a failure from India's side ?
-
Of course being a soldier is a risked job,before you sign up you are always remembered that,and being from the special forces or the conventional forces changes nothing. (Being from the special forces doesn't mean you can be hit with several bullets and still be able to kill 50 ennemies with a single magazine,they aren't some invincible robots like in movies.)
-
As for the soldiers who died,i want to post one of Patton's quote.

'It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'

@Levina @Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA @ranjeet @Echo_419 @Parul

I welcome good gesture of peace by both PMs. Let us form a union.Let us bring peace among us.
My grandpa used to say that our ancestors were from skardu.
Want to visit that place before i die.
Regards:tup:
You are muslims or belong to Dogra dynasty. We welcome you to visit this place and enjoy it;s beauty.

You are muslims or belong to Dogra dynasty. We welcome you to visit this place and enjoy it;s beauty.
No
we converted:D...Grand pa's dad was the last person to practise Islam.
I will pay my visit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom