What's new

Pathankot operations a national embarrassment, who will take the responsibility?

Operation over ..... Kbooom . oh wait oh wait .... 2 of them are still there ....

India ka bass na chalay k apni incompetence ka ilzaam bi ISI pe lga day .. :D

That is the point. These groups have same training procedure and JeM are allied to TTP. If same militant can storm airplanes at Mehran airbase then why they cannot do same thing in Pathankot? o_O
The answer is,"" this is a drama to sabotage peace talks with Pakistan".
:-)

Sir speaking too much truth is dangerous for health (of the guys facing it).

IB was having Intelligence outputs in advance.

Security forces will get more advance weapons.
IB did have intelligence output and they did dispatched an NSG team to Pathankot but we still lost 7 lives.
Maybe they will change India's counter terrorism doctrine a little after this attack.

IB did have intelligence output and they did dispatched an NSG team to Pathankot but we still lost 7 lives.
Maybe they will change India's counter terrorism doctrine a little after this attack.

and no assets with "night vision and RWS" were deployed. Why?

Yes to die is a professionalism. :tdown:
The special forces taught to remain alive at every cost and destroy enemy till last breath,Your forces died and militants are still firing from inside. During IED clearence your troops died including experienced officer.
Height of professionalism. :yes4:
Thanks.

Ofcourse you are comparing forces and trying to downplay the army.
Did the terrorists succeed in any of their strategic goals? Were they able to touch any of our strategic assets?
I'd give you a suggestion, better take more time and save your assets. An army's aim should not be just neutralise terrorists because they will be killed and they come prepare to be dead.
Compromising your assets just for few hours, just for killing those who come prepared to die is sheer STUPIDITY because by then those terrorist's goals has been succeeded.
I am not criticizing your forces they can be very well trained but 16 hours is very huge time to tackle only 6 terrorist. The point is if JeM involvement is not cleared then why your media is raising propaganda against Pakistan. You know this group is involved in attacks on Pakistan government personnel and minorities.

I am not criticizing your forces they can be very well trained but 16 hours is very huge time to tackle only 6 terrorist. The point is if JeM involvement is not cleared then why your media is raising propaganda against Pakistan. You know this group is involved in attacks on Pakistan government personnel and minorities.
You know ...even we are fed up with our media.Govt gave them freedom and they fart from brain by misusing their power.
I am sorry for inconvenience caused by INDIAN MEDIA>

pathankot_reuters1.jpg

New Delhi: The Pathankot terror attack is a huge national embarrassment. There can be no arguments over it. It has exposed the inefficiency and incompetence of our intelligence agencies, Punjab Police and the lack of coordination among the various agencies involved in taking on the terrorists and flushing them out.

In a shocking incident, a Superintendent of Police rank officer was easily abducted along with his official vehicle, his friend taken as a hostage, a driver found dead in his Innova vehicle, but the police and the central intelligence agencies failed to act swiftly. They lost precious 14 hours in trying to analyse and plan the search operations.

All this happened near one of the most heavily guarded international borders in the world. Not in a far away place not used to terror attacks.

Yet, the response was extremely poor and embarrassing.

The Pakistan backed Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists easily gained access into a vital Indian Air Force Station at Pathankot. They managed to cause the intended damage and instill fear across India.

The inefficient handling of the operation cost us the lives of seven soldiers and also damaged the reputation of our elite security forces.

After Saturday's operations, the Centre even declared that the entire operation was over and all the terrorists have been killed. On Sunday, the firing once again began causing fear and embarrassment at the same time. Two terrorists actually stayed inside the IAF Station undetected the entire Saturday night.

What a dreaded news! What a national embarrassment!!

After the SP reported that his vehicle was hijacked by suspected terrorists, the police and other agencies should have heightened security across all vital installations near the border. If they had done that, they could have stopped the terrorists outside or at least at the gates of the Pathankot IAF Station. It clearly shows that despite tall claims of "high alert" nothing was actually done on the ground and authorities were actually groping in the dark.

Any well trained and professional military force and the police would definitely have stopped these terrorists at the gate.

Local media reports suggest that the Punjab Police and other security agencies initially refused to take the words of the abducted SP seriously. They wasted a lot of precious time. Even the murder of a taxi driver did not force them to launch a massive manhunt.

These incidents were treated like ordinary crimes and not like a possible terror attack.

Where were the terrorists hiding between the night of January 1 and January 2? What were they doing? We are yet to get the answer to these questions.

It exposes the lapse on part of Punjab Police too. Like most other states, Punjab Police is also highly politicised and morale is also not high.

Sukhbir Singh Badal, the Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab, is not ready to take the blame. He said "Punjab Police is the last line of defence. The primary responsibility is with the Border Security Force. Our police immediately informed the Centre. We are not at fault. This is not the time for blame game."

The Centre claims that even after it dispatched the elite National Security Guards to Pathankot, the Punjab Police failed to locate the terrorists.

Just six months before the incident, the Punjab had witnessed a similar incident at Gurdaspur. The state police were able to kill all the terrorists, though they lost some brave officers in the fight.

What has happenned in Pathankot clearly shows that no lessons have been learnt from the past.

Even the clearance operations on Sunday was not as per the standard operating procedures of the Army. An officer Lieutenant Colonel Niranjan of the elite NSG Bomb Disposal Squad died in an explosion when he searched the body of a slain terrorist. Worse, two more terrorists were holed up inside the vast campus even as he was clearing the area.

The security agencies must explain what went wrong to the nation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar must take stock of the situation and order strict action against erring officers.

After watching the botched up Pathankot security operations, the masters of the terrorists in Pakistan must be smiling. This is exactly what they wanted.

Pathankot incident should be treated like a national embarrassment. There is nothing to claim that India successfully "averted" a major disaster, something like the 26/11 incident of Mumbai.

Will the National Security Advisor Ajit Doval care to explain? A good 24 hour lead was wasted and the terrorists had easy access to a top IAF base. According to media reports Modi and Parrikar, who are touring Karnataka have discussed the gravity of the situation and are likely to come out with an explanation.

Hope, it will be the last such embarrassment.

Pathankot operations a national embarrassment, who will take the responsibility?-INews - IBNLive Mobile
Indian security forces are too slow and thinned out, I remember how it took days for them to mobilize in Mumbai. Pakistani security forces are able to secure an area within less than an hour and track down those responsible in a day if not a couple hours. Pakistani police arent really reliable but even so, they are getting some anti-terrorist training; India should do the same - equipment and training of police varies region to region ; Baloch and KPK police are better armed and trained compared to the rest. Due to low salary and bad conditions our Police have low morale as well, but recently Religion is being used to heighten morale - which has been greatly working.

pakistani-police-commandos-take-part-in-antiterrorism-training-during-picture-id477219218

This was on expected line. After PM Modi visit, this is bound to happen. I am really surprised that hte intelligence agencies are not able to join the dots. This is seriously a bigger problem. Personal politics and enmity is eating up the national interests now. This is really serious stuff. Because of this, the entire punjab government should be held responsible and should be dismissed immediately. If these incidents are not the eye openers then I pray to god to save my country,

You know ...even we are fed up with our media.Govt gave them freedom and they fart from brain by misusing their power.
I am sorry for inconvenience caused by INDIAN MEDIA>
Trust me majority Pakistanis are against this bloodshed, we want peace in region and table talks to resolve internal issues.

Trust me majority Pakistanis are against this bloodshed, we want peace in region and table talks to resolve internal issues.
Trust me bro i am not against peace between india and pakistan but as things have gone in this new year pray to god they do not go bad to worse from now on .

The change in mindset towards Pakistan in must for India as we can see the obsession of Indian media from the time the attack took place. Every Media outlet is dragging Pakistan into this even crossed the limits. So first of all, Modi must pull the media rope and ask them to behave and not let sabotage the relation of Pak-india by these biased news. Furthermore, need to check why media is doing this like did somebody paid them enough to do so as it is clearly indicating the written script read out by News Channels. Media itself become embarrassment in this situation and put the Modi sarkar as well into this. So also, the group involved in this attack is good with timing as NS is in SL, COAS on visit to Kabul and things happened. Every thing is clear to be seen but for the naked eye.

Pakistan Zindabad

Trust me bro i am not against peace between india and pakistan but as things have gone in this new year pray to god they do not go bad to worse from now on .
But we are not involved even the group your Intelligence identified is our enemy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom