What's new

Partition of Afghanistan

brother, pakistan can only have a sustainable and good relationship with AFghanistan if they try to establish relationship with afghanistna as a country not just one ethnicity. Ironically the same ethnicity that pakistan is surpporting, is one of the biggest enemy of pakistan and wishes the disintegration of pakistan.

Yes,you're right. I can't believe the amount of hate Pashtuns have for Punjabis. I've been seeing their racism since like 2007 all over the internet. Even young Pashtuns at the age of 14 have been laughing at the bombings in Punjab.

Unfortunately,the Government of Pakistan does not represent the People of Pakistan.

Dividing up Afghanistan has got to be the most stupid idea to come out of a US mouth since disbanding the Iraqi Army. Not only colonialist, but destructive, impossible and possibly racist.

Here`s an idea for Robert Blackwill. Pay attention to foreign governments and how they crushed insurgents. For example the Sri Lankans with the Tamil Tigers. It will not take a few months or even years with a few lines on the map, but decades. Maybe even 50 years. And never did these successful crushings result from dividing up the country. Dividing up the country only results in painful reunification later like Germany or a perpetual war like North Korea which cannot be considered peace by any stretch.

Dividing up Afghanistan has got to be the most stupid idea to come out of a US mouth since disbanding the Iraqi Army. Not only colonialist, but destructive, impossible and possibly racist.

Here`s an idea for Robert Blackwill. Pay attention to foreign governments and how they crushed insurgents. For example the Sri Lankans with the Tamil Tigers. It will not take a few months or even years with a few lines on the map, but decades. Maybe even 50 years. And never did these successful crushings result from dividing up the country. Dividing up the country only results in painful reunification later like Germany or a perpetual war like North Korea which cannot be considered peace by any stretch.

Well here is one American that dont want to spend decades in Afghanstan. Lot of these countrys borders in that part the world are artifical and fairly recent, and its like getting cats and dogs to live togather. Recently Serbia and Montenegro and Kosovo seem seem to be breaking up what used to be Yugoslavia. Why not let the people decide what they would like to do?

Last edited:
Well here is one American that dont wont to spend decades in Afghanstan. Lot of these countrys borders in that part the world are artifical and fairly recent, and its like getting cats and dogs to live togather. Recently Serbia and Montenegro and Kosovo seem seem to be breaking up what used to be Yugoslavia. Why not let the people decide what they would like to do?

Just come in smash everything then break it apart eh?

You have no proof that the people want Afghanistan broken up at all. Even the Taliban want to take the whole of Afghanistan.

The point people like you and the OP miss is you can do everything like support the ANA with air power and give them 50 years to crush the Taliban. Or 100. America need not be there for 50 years except as a token force. The point is it takes 50 years to crush rebels, not that America should stay with 300k troops for 50 years.

Last edited:
Just come in smash everything then break it apart eh?

You have no proof that the people want Afghanistan broken up at all. Even the Taliban want to take the whole of Afghanistan.

The point people like you and the OP miss is you can do everything like support the ANA with air power and give them 50 years to crush the Taliban. Or 100. America need not be there for 50 years except as a token force.

No I dont know, but then you dont either, so why not let the people decide that live there.

No I dont know, but then you dont either, so why not let the people decide that live there.

Most sovereign countries in the world forbid the breakup of their countries for any reason in their constitution, regardless of the will of the people. Including the Constitution of Afghanistan.

And that`s totally ignoring the fact it would be impossible to collect honest opinions unless the Taliban laid down their arms and stopped threatening people.

I think that Pakistanis are remarkably naive and open hearted towards their Muslim neighbours. We support the Palestinians and Arabs against oppression but the Arabs seldom speak out against abuses against Kashmiris. As for Iran, it may be Pakistan's neighbour and we would do well to get along with them but we shouldn't have any illusions about their loyalty. Pakistanis need to be loyal to Pakistan alone and work for the betterment of their land. In terms of Afghanistan, we opened our land to the Afghani refugees and allowed the nation to become destablized. Some of these same Afghani refugees have settled abroad and criticize Pakistan which many find intolerable. I find that the only Pashtuns who criticize Pakistan are the Afghani Pashtuns. Some pretend to make it an issue of all Pashtuns but invariably it is an Afghani national who has lived in Pakistan who abuses the hospitality he received. As for the Afghani Tajiks, Afghani Uzbeks and Afghani Hazaras, they have always been anti Pakistan and pro India long before the Northern Alliance came about. Pakistanis have to understand that they loyalty should be to Pakistan alone and its progress.:pakistan:

Yes,you're right. I can't believe the amount of hate Pashtuns have for Punjabis. I've been seeing their racism since like 2007 all over the internet. Even young Pashtuns at the age of 14 have been laughing at the bombings in Punjab.

Unfortunately,the Government of Pakistan does not represent the People of Pakistan.

I don't believe for a moment that all Pashtuns have hatred for Pakistan- it's only the Afghani Pashtuns- just like the Afghani Tajiks, Afghani Hazara and Afghani Uzbeks. And you are correct to point out that Afghanis seem to enjoy any trouble in Pakistan- not just in Punjab but in any province. They celebrate any misfortunate in Pakistan but they still run to Pakistan for jobsm shelter and food!
Strage isn't it!!!!

I think that Pakistanis are remarkably naive and open hearted towards their Muslim neighbours. We support the Palestinians and Arabs against oppression but the Arabs seldom speak out against abuses against Kashmiris. As for Iran, it may be Pakistan's neighbour and we would do well to get along with them but we shouldn't have any illusions about their loyalty. Pakistanis need to be loyal to Pakistan alone and work for the betterment of their land. In terms of Afghanistan, we opened our land to the Afghani refugees and allowed the nation to become destablized. Some of these same Afghani refugees have settled abroad and criticize Pakistan which many find intolerable. I find that the only Pashtuns who criticize Pakistan are the Afghani Pashtuns. Some pretend to make it an issue of all Pashtuns but invariably it is an Afghani national who has lived in Pakistan who abuses the hospitality he received. As for the Afghani Tajiks, Afghani Uzbeks and Afghani Hazaras, they have always been anti Pakistan and pro India long before the Northern Alliance came about. Pakistanis have to understand that they loyalty should be to Pakistan alone and its progress.:pakistan:

Are you talking about recent settlement or dating back to the 90's?

My question is why don't they go back if they hate Pakistan, and will they go back once the Americans "leave"?

As for the Afghani Tajiks, Afghani Uzbeks and Afghani Hazaras, they have always been anti Pakistan and pro India long before the Northern Alliance came about.

Can you prove and give me an example how the non pashtoons of Afghanisan hated pakistan before the so called NA?

I find that the only Pashtuns who criticize Pakistan are the Afghani Pashtuns.

Off course, pakistani pakhtuns are very patriotic pakistanis.

Partition of Afghanistan is a wild imagination of the highest degree. This may happen in one's dream but not in reality. We better stop pouring gasoline to an inferno. This is unwise and too dangerous.

Partition of Afghanistan is a wild imagination of the highest degree. This may happen in one's dream but not in reality. We better stop pouring gasoline to an inferno. This is unwise and too dangerous.

The Americans are suggesting breaking up Afghanistan on the basis of ethnicity.

Suppose it happens how it will help US or the West ?????

For all outpouring of emotions Afghanistan s a united nation exists only on Maps and not in reality.

Take away the non-pashtun areas and form a separate federation..let them prosper without the baggage of warfare and feuds and neo-conservatism of the pashtuns and let the southern Pashtun heartlands join with FATA or be a separate federation themselves.

Back
Top Bottom