What's new

Partition of Afghanistan

Substantiate your claim.
I think he's referring to the tri-lateral meeting you and we had with with the Russians last month about how to stop Taliban from returning to power. I don't see any other incident regarding military or politics where the three of us have met on, other than destroying Taliban without militarily engaging them

The Americans are suggesting breaking up Afghanistan on the basis of ethnicity.

Suppose it happens how it will help US or the West ?????

Only a section of the American policy makers are talking about this. This is not the opinion of the White House as far as we know. Breaking up Afghanistan on ethnicity will start a domino effect in the whole region which will see further fragmentations based on ethnicity.

For all outpouring of emotions Afghanistan s a united nation exists only on Maps and not in reality.

:hang2: the same can be said about different areas in India.

Take away the non-pashtun areas and form a separate federation..let them prosper without the baggage of warfare and feuds and neo-conservatism of the pashtuns and let the southern Pashtun heartlands join with FATA or be a separate federation themselves.

with turning your suggestion into reality, the situation will still be the same with big powers will still try to dominate the fragmented Afghanistan

Only a section of the American policy makers are talking about this. This is not the opinion of the White House as far as we know. Breaking up Afghanistan on ethnicity will start a domino effect in the whole region which will see further fragmentations based on ethnicity.

:) But i am still asking the same question if it happens how it will help US policies and future line of action?

The domino affect in the region might not be American headache at all i guess

:) But i am still asking the same question if it happens how it will help US policies and future line of action?

The domino affect in the region might not be American headache at all i guess

It will not help the US interests because they will still have to negotiate with multiple parties instead of one. The projected energy line from the Central Asia will still require our ( Pakistanis) co-operation in addition to the fragmented parties'. Saudis do not want this energy line to be implemented for obvious reason either and Russians want a monopoly there too.
Moreover, Pakistan will never let this fragmentation take place due to our national security concern.

This is the only way forward...partition Afghanistan ethnically, religiously sectarian and tribal lines....most of the area should be come to Pakistan, the rightful rulers of Afghanistan for past 40 years !!!

Back
Top Bottom