What's new

Parliamentary System vs Presidential System: What's Better for Pakistan?

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The failure of the parliamentary system in the country has raised concerns regarding its effectiveness.

The population is divided between the pros and cons of transitioning to a presidential form of governance.

The overarching concern, in either case, is for the delivery of democracy and good governance to the grassroots level.

To read the original article, visit: www.paradigmshift.com.pk

Parliamentary system is more cooperative in its nature while presidential system is more about power concentration in one person. Many people now want presidential system in Pakistan thinking that IK will prove to be a good president. But that is utterly unwise. You need to always think down the road in future. What if another idiot crook like Zardari or a coward like Musharraf becomes the president of Pakistan in future? That'll be a disaster for Pakistan.
What we need, I think, is to rectify problems in our current parliamentary system and make it efficient.

Parliamentary system is more cooperative in its nature while presidential system is more about power concentration in one person. Many people now want presidential system in Pakistan thinking that IK will prove to be a good president. But that is utterly unwise. You need to always think down the road in future. What if another idiot crook like Zardari or a coward like Musharraf becomes the president of Pakistan in future? That'll be a disaster for Pakistan.
What we need, I think, is to rectify problems in our current parliamentary system and make it efficient.
You skipped Nawaz shareef but included musharraf.. Wow

Presidential system is better since the candidate for leader will be more wide open, not only limited to Party elites

Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono creates new party before becoming Indonesia first elected President from direct Presiden election, Jokowi is not part of PDI-P Party elites as well

Two potential Indonesian leaders like Anies Baswedan and Ridwan Kamil is not a member of any party, but because they have huge support from Indonesian people, so party leaders approach him to possibly become their candidate for Presidency

Agus Yudhoyono (AHY) approach Ridwan Kamil which is wildly seen as their attempt to put Ridwan Kamil as their party President candidate

Council of Jirga and Panchayat

They should all go meet in the desert and decide our fate as suggested by Elders of Sindhus.

The presidential system is better for Pakistan to end nationalistic blackmailing. From Sindhi topi to jag Punjabi jag or Pakhtoonistan dream ... development work and foreign policy implementation must have less red tapes and also abolish expensive senate, which never played any substantial role in Pakistan local or international politics.

Non of the two.

Even if angles are filled in the Presidency and PM house... the infrastructure is too expensive for a indebted nation like Pakistan, who's currency more week than countries like Afghanistan, Indian and Bangladesh.

Best for Pakistan is to dissolve presidency, senate, parliament and let country run on institutions, which already exist.
Council of Jirga and Panchayat

They should all go meet in the desert and decide our fate as suggested by Elders of Sindhus.

This is the best choice, if we must have a a governing system along side bureaucracy and judiciary.., etc

However i see no reason to have two parallel system existing and both fighting with each other for authority.

Nothing special about him. He was a PM, not the president.
Agree nothing special about him but what are the alternate choices? Zadari and Imran Khan!
There's a reason these 2 will never be elected in office for a second term.

This is the best choice, if we must have a a governing system along side bureaucracy and judiciary.., etc

However i see no reason to have two parallel system existing and both fighting with each other for authority.

This is what is happening now. The third party, supreme court is just there to strike a balance.

People think absolute authority in a diverse multi ethnic ideological state is good. I don't buy it

If you are incompetent, you remain incompetent no matter what. These are just labels in my opinion

I usually prefer presidential system but we have tried both in Pakistan when parliament was used as rubber stamp and President held the most power, the end result wasn't much different to now

As this nation needs bamboo to keep it on track, so we should try Chinese model for change, maybe that will work.

Honestly, neither will make much of a practical difference until Pakistani society itself changes for the better.

Pakistani society has been changed to worst ever since death of Zia ul Haque.
As this nation needs bamboo to keep it on track, so we should try Chinese model for change, maybe that will work.
I support riyasat mad!na model introduced by Imran Khan... i.e. Zardari ko bap banalo aur tax increase kar do, jo objection karey us ko tun do.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom