What's new

Paris man stabbed to death in metro as 'onlookers film, post on social media'

Cell_DbZ

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

By Emma Beswick last updated: 15/01/2018

The victim's mother said "no one lifted a finger," when her son was attacked.

603x339_story-ca09e778-d181-5ef7-ae76-2b7903d71e07_286295.jpg

A Martinique native was stabbed to death in a metro station on Friday evening while other passengers looked on and filmed, according to local media.

Andy Brigitte, a 22-year-old mechanic living in the Essonne region of France, was stabbed in Châtelet-Les Halles RER station after an argument with another passenger escalated.

The perpetrator purportedly took out a knife and stabbed Brigitte at least twice.

He "agonized on the ground ... while passengers, rather than help him, filmed his agony and posted images on Snapchat," French news magazine L’Obs reported.

It is not clear how many others were present.

In an interview with RCI Martinique, Brigitte's mother Linda, said she's "in pain" after her son's death. "No one lifted a finger," she continued.

Brigitte also said that he was also accompanied by a friend who "fled" when Andy was attacked, leaving him "alone".

'There, his life is ruined, he has nothing,' she concluded.

Paramedics were called at 6 pm local time and Brigitte was declared dead at 7.30 pm.

The attacker, a 33-year-old from Melun, an area south of Paris, tried to escape but was caught and arrested by the station's security and handed over to police.

"Our services intervened with extreme speed, points out Stéphane Gouaud, director of the security service of the RATP, four minutes after this terrible aggression, they were there and questioned this man on whom they found the knife."

Social media users expressed their disgust at the passive response of other members of the public using the hashtag #chatelet.

"Oh ok. In 2018, we die in front of a camera without any help," one person wrote.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/15/...metro-as-onlookers-film-post-on-social-media-

I am questioning how they would be able to live with themselves...
Some people have no conscience, no empathy...basically a vast majority of the humans are like that unfortunately..otherwise there won't be so much misery in this world. Israeli forces kill Palestinians while other Jews cheer and enjoy. Mobs in India lynch people for the suspicion of eating beef...so we're really messed up.

Some people have no conscience, no empathy...basically a vast majority of the humans are like that unfortunately..otherwise there won't be so much misery in this world. Israeli forces kill Palestinians while other Jews cheer and enjoy. Mobs in India lynch people for the suspicion of eating beef...so we're really messed up.

Please do not connect this ghastly tragedy with events in India. There is no connection.

The new Human Responsibility against their fellow human is " if you see a man/Women beating or hurting other human, take out your phone and record for Social media , Don't call the Authorities or try stop it "

French in a nutshell. Vulgar creatures.
Sir this is racist and over generalisation. Good and bad people are in every society including our own Pakistan.

@Cell_DbZ
A few things can be done. If the good and sensitive people take on the social media and swarm these onlooker's accounts with negative comments, their friends should de-friend them and do a social boycott.

One of the first thing to shock me is that you can stab someone to death just for a simple jostle. Totally disgusting act.

Secondly,doing the devil's advocate,I would say that what could other people have do ? Seeing someone stabbed on the floor,only emergency services could have done anything. So how could they have helped him ? By simply calling paramedics. We have to note their very short response. However,you can't defend the people who have taken pictures,snaps or whatever. That is totally disgusting.

Secondly,doing the devil's advocate,I would say that what could other people have do ? Seeing someone stabbed on the floor,only emergency services could have done anything. So how could they have helped him ? By simply calling paramedics. We have to note their very short response. However,you can't defend the people who have taken pictures,snaps or whatever. That is totally disgusting.
Well, I absolutely agree with that, my anger is directed at those people who took those snaps and posted it aroud the web, apparently making some jokes about it. I'm glad that at least some good people did the right thing

I really hope those people step on some lego made out of steel...

Well, I absolutely agree with that, my anger is directed at those people who took those snaps and posted it aroud the web, apparently making some jokes about it. I'm glad that at least some good people did the right thing

I really hope those people step on some lego made out of steel...
I would say that they could have made a lot of noise at least and also made the video for the sake of evidence and called the paramedics and police immediately.

Too much social media is such a curse.
I dont let myself use it too much. Other than PDF.
Snapchat with all it's stupid filters makes me sick to my stomach.

By Emma Beswick last updated: 15/01/2018

The victim's mother said "no one lifted a finger," when her son was attacked.

603x339_story-ca09e778-d181-5ef7-ae76-2b7903d71e07_286295.jpg

A Martinique native was stabbed to death in a metro station on Friday evening while other passengers looked on and filmed, according to local media.

Andy Brigitte, a 22-year-old mechanic living in the Essonne region of France, was stabbed in Châtelet-Les Halles RER station after an argument with another passenger escalated.

The perpetrator purportedly took out a knife and stabbed Brigitte at least twice.

He "agonized on the ground ... while passengers, rather than help him, filmed his agony and posted images on Snapchat," French news magazine L’Obs reported.

It is not clear how many others were present.

In an interview with RCI Martinique, Brigitte's mother Linda, said she's "in pain" after her son's death. "No one lifted a finger," she continued.

Brigitte also said that he was also accompanied by a friend who "fled" when Andy was attacked, leaving him "alone".

'There, his life is ruined, he has nothing,' she concluded.

Paramedics were called at 6 pm local time and Brigitte was declared dead at 7.30 pm.

The attacker, a 33-year-old from Melun, an area south of Paris, tried to escape but was caught and arrested by the station's security and handed over to police.

"Our services intervened with extreme speed, points out Stéphane Gouaud, director of the security service of the RATP, four minutes after this terrible aggression, they were there and questioned this man on whom they found the knife."

Social media users expressed their disgust at the passive response of other members of the public using the hashtag #chatelet.

"Oh ok. In 2018, we die in front of a camera without any help," one person wrote.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/15/...metro-as-onlookers-film-post-on-social-media-

Good lord... What is wrong with people in this century, I miss the 80's and 90's.

Back
Top Bottom