What's new

Paris man stabbed to death in metro as 'onlookers film, post on social media'

Welcome to today's "me, me, me" generation. Craving fame and instant gratification and not giving a hoot about anyone feelings.
You can say you what you want, I was born in the 70's, raised in the 80's, became a man in the 90's. Things have changed for the worse, and oh yes young people back then did give a damm and worked for the greater good.

As for the poor gent RIP.

Last edited:
Welcome to today's "me, me, me" generation. Craving fame and instant gratification and not giving a hoot about anyone feelings.
You can say you what you want, I was born in the 70's, raised in the 80's, became a man in the 90's. Things have changed for the worse, and oh yes young people back then did give a damm and worked for the greater good.

I wish I could give 10 likes to this post, it is so true. It was a gentler and caring time, people actually had time to sit and talk. What I mean to say is that just yesterday, I attended a coffee with some work friends, and as soon as we had ordered and sat at our tables, the entire group pulled out their phones and started tapping away.

I made up a little white lie and excused myself, people are so self absorbed in this century. In this fast paced world of One's and Naughts, human to human interaction is low if not negligible. Just take the U.K for example, where I live many people prefer to order daily commodities such as groceries online.

I remember when I was 12 and I got my first Commodore PC, I grew up reading jules verne and was amazed with technology... If you told me that in just two decades people would be reduced to interacting with others through likes and emoji's, I would gladly give back all this "progress".

I still find this quote from Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" almost prophetical:

"Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost…."

Apologies for going off on a tangent, but this is a real bug for me. All someone had to do was call the police :(

One of the first thing to shock me is that you can stab someone to death just for a simple jostle. Totally disgusting act.
Need to be very careful with some maniacs, you will have no idea what irks them.
However,you can't defend the people who have taken pictures,snaps or whatever. That is totally disgusting.
We will live in a false society where ppl want their few mins of internet fame. That moment when ppl can say they were there.... Internet and modern technology has only magnified our egoist inhumane obsession with ourselves.

Exactly, our principles and values have totally degraded. Its not just individual alone its the whole society thats gone down that road. Probably in another century we might not even have words called shame or conscience, it might belong to science fiction reserved for androids.

I wish I could give 10 likes to this post, it is so true. It was a gentler and caring time, people actually had time to sit and talk. What I mean to say is that just yesterday, I attended a coffee with some work friends, and as soon as we had ordered and sat at our tables, the entire group pulled out their phones and started tapping away.

I made up a little white lie and excused myself, people are so self absorbed in this century. In this fast paced world of One's and Naughts, human to human interaction is low if not negligible. Just take the U.K for example, where I live many people prefer to order daily commodities such as groceries online.

I remember when I was 12 and I got my first Commodore PC, I grew up reading jules verne and was amazed with technology... If you told me that in just two decades people would be reduced to interacting with others through likes and emoji's, I would gladly give back all this "progress".

I still find this quote from Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" almost prophetical:

"Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost…."

Apologies for going off on a tangent, but this is a real bug for me. All someone had to do was call the police :(

Great post bro, and I'd just like to add that make it a rule that people don't use their phones in meet-up's. Yes people had a great deal of time for one another and did actually make an effort, now try conversing with young folks now a days and you'll see what I am talking about. I was a spectrum man myself, had the 128k and then a Commodore, and guess what we learnt to code, fancy that! Oh they just bought that all back now....

Exactly, our principles and values have totally degraded. Its not just individual alone its the whole society thats gone down that road. Probably in another century we might not even have words called shame or conscience, it might belong to science fiction reserved for androids.

Yes my friend it has, I'm very worried the course it is taking and it is universal. But each of us can make a big difference, consider ourselves the multipliers of good. If we take time out, do something for the betterment of society people take notice and will follow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom