What's new

Paris Air Show 2019 - Thunders in Europe

Take-off from recorded from the other side.
Nice camera angle, indeed but the video reminds of PTv camera work at home, lol. Poor camera work made a mess of an otherwise very good camera angle.

A40D1847-E9DA-496F-AFCD-6A856C2233C7.jpeg
564D50BD-38E4-42EA-AD75-A9B3A6212AC9.jpeg
04C73375-37CF-4193-802B-D25C0E68A497.jpeg
7033E088-854B-42A7-A07C-C95049784A4B.jpeg

French Engine maker 'Safran' presents the JF-17 during the Airshow.

These amazing takeoffs are going to be part of number of future fan and official videos.

And someone in neighbour is goin to burn.

Amazing video by Safran with perfect BGM really do the justice with thunder :smitten:
French Engine maker 'Safran' presents the JF-17 during the Airshow.

I wish Thunders could do this kind of climbs at start...can they do it i dont know?
Hornets and Rafaels are twin engined monsters, comparing them with JF17 is an intellectual dishonesty in the first place. Climb rate of JF17 is very impressive, given the fact that it is using a 40 years old Russian engine. Turning the aircraft in the 3rd axis will avoid stall or increase it, I am not sure. As per my knowledge max lift is provided when wings are parallel to the ground. May be some aerodynamics experts have different ideas.

Third display video posted by AINTV @Trailer23

think its a damn good climb at slow speed without building much speed. I dont see any problems. More TWR can surely help but even this should be good enough.

Bhai i m missing commentary from knowledgeable fellows who can define its performances easy to understand for many like me would be great marketing of JF 17 on youtube just adding an voice over .i notice this time they add some more move but love to know & learn from experts
Hornets and Rafaels are twin engined monsters, comparing them with JF17 is an intellectual dishonesty in the first place. Climb rate of JF17 is very impressive, given the fact that it is using a 40 years old Russian engine. Turning the aircraft in the 3rd axis will avoid stall or increase it, I am not sure. As per my knowledge max lift is provided when wings are parallel to the ground. May be some aerodynamics experts have different ideas.

think its a damn good climb at slow speed without building much speed. I dont see any problems. More TWR can surely help but even this should be good enough.

Ok guys,today in the morning I went to the Paris air show and saw among many other aircrafts and helicopters,the JF17 of the Pakistani Air Force.

The pilots and other personnels couldn't speak French,but that's just a detail. They were so nice with everyone,always smiling and answering everyone's questions,always with the smile.

Unfortunately,I forgot my camera,so these are smartphone quality pictures,but not that bad. Just zoom on the pictures to see what's written.

I came early in the morning so to avoid the massive crowd that would come few moments later,so much early that the aircraft wasn't yet prepared completely,lol!

Few moments later you could see the cockpit and talk to the pilot. I couldn't take pictures of the cockpit,but everyone knows what it looks like. Can't remember exactly the name of the pilot (with a badass look if I might say),but pretty sure it was "Bilal" or something.

He presented the aircraft and the cockpit,the basic caracteristics of the aircrafts and what it can do,nothing much special. He told me the one presented here was a block 1. The new standard block 3 is still in development. There's another JF17 present in Paris with the Pakistani flag painted on it for the air demo.

He told me Nigeria and Myanmar bought the JF17 while various countries showed interests in the aircrafts,but I guess everyone knows that. Among the countries were Morocco,Malaysia and Qatar he said.

"Ironically" I asked if this was the jet that downed two Indian aircrafts back in february,he told me "yes,a SU30 and Mig21" (no without a big smile on his face) and told he was proud of it.

I think I've said pretty much everything,the pilot and the crew were so nice again,I believe the nicest I've interacted to (much more than the French,Americans,Japanese,Germans).

The pilot in the cockpit even let young children get with him in the cockpit,something others didn't.
I think I'll never ever be so much grateful to him for seeing my youngest son with so much joys in his eyes.

Now,the pictures. Of course smartphone quality as I said above. Zoom to see in details.

Nothing much spectacular if I might say,some things people have already heard or seen.

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

Thanks to them.

IMG_0807.JPG

@waz @Indus Pakistan @HRK @TOPGUN @Starlord @PWFI @Vortex @The Eagle @Reichsmarschall @Path-Finder @Arsalan @MastanKhan @zulu @Dubious

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom