What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

It will be like putting its foot down upon itself, lol. Thats the slow moving nature of our judicial system despite the time limit set by SCP. The lawyers know how to cause delays and its easier due to VIP treatment of Sharifs.

The obvious tactic is to cause delay. The specific tactic is get it delayed till Ramadan. That will ensure their attendance in the currently planned series of jalsas till the start of Ramadan and avoid the possible set back to attendance.

Brother I can understand what you are saying, SC has already extended the deadline by 2 more months, that Harris is extremely cunning he knows how to prolong and waste unnecessary time, Accountability court probably needs 3 more months to conclude the proceedings which is pathetic.

Aap batadain bhai Jan, khana aap ka bureau utna hee hay jitna baqi sab ka magar jangi, I'm guessing, is probably your speciality more than others, lol.

Ek adna sa sawaal tha.

Kab hai wese tareekh.

Diwalia to nikaal diya. Ab khana jangi hi reh gayi hai.

Can any one tell in one short paragraph what is the update till now? Should we remain hopeful that verdict will come before elections? and where is it going?

Sorry guys, it is getting difficult for me to follow the case now..

Nawaz owned Avenfield properties while holding public office, IO tells accountability court

Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif owned the Avenfield properties while he was a public office holder, the investigating officer (IO) in the corruption reference against the Sharif family informed an accountability court on Wednesday.

Imran Dogar stated that Sharif used offshore companies Nielsen and Nescoll Ltd to buy the properties in London while he was the actual owner of the apartments. He said that during investigations, the accused were unable to provide their sources of income and that the properties have been in ownership of the Sharifs since 1993.

He said the trust deeds submitted by Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz — which had stirred the Calibri controversy last year — were proven to be fake, alleging that in acting as benamidars for Sharif, his children Maryam, Hassan and Hussain aided their father in his crime.

"Investigations reveal that the accused were found involved in corruption and corrupt practices," Dogar said, adding that the accused had failed to appear before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) despite being notified twice — on August 18, 2017 and December 28, 2017.

He revealed that the Bureau had received two letters sent by Advocate Amjad Pervaiz, Khawaja Harris and Nazeer Ahmed Bhutta on August 22 and December 30 last year.

Harris, representing Sharif, objected the inclusion of the letter so late in the proceedings. "Why was such an old letter not disclosed before?"

Most of the findings presented today were also mentioned in the joint investigation team (JIT) report presented to the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case last year and had led to the the apex court ordering the filing of references against Sharif, his children and former finance minister Ishaq Dar.

A NAB appeal to re-open the Hudaibiya Paper Mills reference was dismissed by a bench of the SC for being brought to malign the Sharif family while the extended deadline to decide on the rest of the references is soon approaching.

Nawaz owned Avenfield properties while holding public office, IO tells accountability court

Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif owned the Avenfield properties while he was a public office holder, the investigating officer (IO) in the corruption reference against the Sharif family informed an accountability court on Wednesday.

Imran Dogar stated that Sharif used offshore companies Nielsen and Nescoll Ltd to buy the properties in London while he was the actual owner of the apartments. He said that during investigations, the accused were unable to provide their sources of income and that the properties have been in ownership of the Sharifs since 1993.

He said the trust deeds submitted by Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz — which had stirred the Calibri controversy last year — were proven to be fake, alleging that in acting as benamidars for Sharif, his children Maryam, Hassan and Hussain aided their father in his crime.

"Investigations reveal that the accused were found involved in corruption and corrupt practices," Dogar said, adding that the accused had failed to appear before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) despite being notified twice — on August 18, 2017 and December 28, 2017.

He revealed that the Bureau had received two letters sent by Advocate Amjad Pervaiz, Khawaja Harris and Nazeer Ahmed Bhutta on August 22 and December 30 last year.

Harris, representing Sharif, objected the inclusion of the letter so late in the proceedings. "Why was such an old letter not disclosed before?"

Most of the findings presented today were also mentioned in the joint investigation team (JIT) report presented to the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case last year and had led to the the apex court ordering the filing of references against Sharif, his children and former finance minister Ishaq Dar.

A NAB appeal to re-open the Hudaibiya Paper Mills reference was dismissed by a bench of the SC for being brought to malign the Sharif family while the extended deadline to decide on the rest of the references is soon approaching.

But what's the significance of IO's statement? Everyone is repeating the same thing what he has said today/ yesterday.. so why is it so significant? Khuwaja Haris tou isay challenge karega again...

But what's the significance of IO's statement? Everyone is repeating the same thing what he has said today/ yesterday.. so why is it so significant? Khuwaja Haris tou isay challenge karega again...

I read in some article tht he is last prosecution witnesses... i think ab iss ke baad...defense witnesses ka process start hoga.. ab dekhtay hain ke defense ke kitnay witnesses aayein ge..?

KH Haris sirf be tuki baatein karta hia aur uske pass kehnay ko kuch nahi..

I read in some article tht he is last prosecution witnesses... i think ab iss ke baad...defense witnesses ka process start hoga.. ab dekhtay hain ke defense ke kitnay witnesses aayein ge..?

KH Haris sirf be tuki baatein karta hia aur uske pass kehnay ko kuch nahi..
Nahi merey poochnay ka matlab yeh tha ke Wajid Zia ne bhi tou yehi sab kuchh kaha tha.. phir IO ki iss statement pe kyun itna rely kia ja raha hai? Kia iss ki legal significance hai jo ke Wajid zia ke bayaan ki nahi thi?

Sorry.. I am confused..

Khair chhorain.. yeh bataein aap ko lagta hai ke case sahi direction main jaa raha hai?

Nahi merey poochnay ka matlab yeh tha ke Wajid Zia ne bhi tou yehi sab kuchh kaha tha.. phir IO ki iss statement pe kyun itna rely kia ja raha hai? Kia iss ki legal significance hai jo ke Wajid zia ke bayaan ki nahi thi?

Sorry.. I am confused..

Khair chhorain.. yeh bataein aap ko lagta hai ke case sahi direction main jaa raha hai?

Ye tu pata nahi ke iss ki legal significance Wajid Zia ke statement se ziada hai ya nahi... but jitnay ziada log kahein..utna hi acha hai...i think...

Mujhe tu lag raha hai ke case sahi direction main jaa tu raha hai waisy... ab Allah karay ke basheera sudhar gaya ho waqayi...

@El Sidd Masomana Sawal, Why is Pashteen being pushed in Pakistani's faces these days?

Apko maloom hai kay mene is mauzzu pe kuch nahi likha hai Abhi tak.

Iske pechay hikmat hai. Jese @PakSword ne ek dafa pocha tha to mene kaha me sirf jung akhbaar parhta hon.

Chalen meri yaadasht kharab ha thodi ye batayen FATF list plus Caretaker hukoomat plus verdict of Panama plus ek qareeb ati jang. Ye sab sath sath hoga

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom