What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

Waah!!!! Aaj jo bill pass hua hai... Yh wohi hai.. Jis ka @PakSword ne kuch din pehle zikr kia tha..jo Arshad Sharif ke program main discuss hua tha..ke disqualification will be for max 5 yrs.. Mubarak ho sab ko :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Aaj ye bill senate se pass hogaya hai.. :yahoo::victory::victory:

Sadiq or Ameen aaj Urdu zabaan me define hogaye?

Yr kuch sochte nahi kay azaab bhi asakta hai.

Qur'an key madaafi koi qanoon paas nahi hosakta.

Annay hogaye hain paise ki hawas me

WHAT A MOCKERY !! NO ONE CAN SAVE THIS SYSTEM NOW

N League is having diarrhea of democracy. I mean they'll pass whatever law they want, make a disqualified person head of party or head of state??! Then they ask what is manufacturing defect in them.

Sir @Muradk once said, "aa bale meri mar". Now they are inviting the 'bale'.

N League is having diarrhea of democracy. I mean they'll pass whatever law they want, make a disqualified person head of party or head of state??! Then they ask what is manufacturing defect in them.

Sir @Muradk once said, "aa bale meri mar". Now they are inviting the 'bale'.

You nailed it, bold in red.

Media is hyping over Party Presidency while NS eyeing bigger Presidency!

I am not much worried about this party presidency clause passed today.. It can be challenged in SC and dclared illegal...

However i am more concerned abt this 5 yr disqualification.. SC will have no reason to declare it illegal.. It will see..it ..as filling a gap in constituition..tht where earlier no time frame was mentioned in disqualification and therefore it was "assumed" and declared by SC..in multiple verdicts tht its life time..disqualification...since no time frame for disqualification is mentioned..now tht parliament has mentioned...5yrs disqualification..SC will have no problem with it..and they will have no reason to strike down this clause..

What do u think..ppl? @PakSword @Realistic Change @Shane
only slight hope is tht..today's ammndment may not be applicable to cases..already decided..including tht of NS..

I am not much worried about this party presidency clause passed today.. It can be challenged in SC and dclared illegal...

However i am more concerned abt this 5 yr disqualification.. SC will have no reason to declare it illegal.. It will see..it ..as filling a gap in constituition..tht where earlier no time frame was mentioned in disqualification and therefore it was "assumed" and declared by SC..in multiple verdicts tht its life time..disqualification...since no time frame for disqualification is mentioned..now tht parliament has mentioned...5yrs disqualification..SC will have no problem with it..and they will have no reason to strike down this clause..

What do u think..ppl? @PakSword @Realistic Change @Shane
only slight hope is tht..today's ammndment may not be applicable to cases..already decided..including tht of NS..

Qs: Are you OK with Nawaz as future President of Pakistan?

If law is applied with retrospective effect - then it will be a relief to many including Nawaz.

Given the timing and current situation, this law can face similar fate of the bill that Indira Gandhi tried to bring which was struck down as “malafide” had this been done in 2014 when nothing was horizon of this sort, things would have been different.

——-

Let’s see how would Pak look with ;)

President of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
Prime Minister: Maryam Nawaz Sharif
Punjab CM: Shahbaz Sharif
KPK CM: Capt Safdar (Sharif)
Interior Minister: Hamza S Sharif
Youth Minister: Junaid Safdar (Sharif)
Women Affairs: Mehr un Nisa (Sharif)

Qs: Are you OK with Nawaz as future President of Pakistan?

If law is applied with retrospective effect - then it will be a relief to many including Nawaz.

Given the timing and current situation, this law can face similar fate of the bill that Indira Gandhi tried to bring which was struck down as “malafide” had this been done in 2014 when nothing was horizon of this sort, things would have been different.

Ok..one question..i want to ask.. I am sorry in advance ...if the question seems too illogical / stupid/absurd..

What exactly is the difference between a law..and a constituitional ammendment? Aaj...law pass hua hai..ya isay hum constituitional ammendment kahein ge?

It’s a clause (number 203) within Election Reforms Bill- once passed by both houses it will be part of the law.

As Aitzaz gave suggestion in the Clause 203 of the Election Reforms Bill - “Person, who is no longer a member of the National Assembly could not become the Chief of the Party” don’t know what happened.

But I heard that Azam Swati backstabbed PTI again ;) by walking out instead of voting against the bill. Too many skeletons case.

When it will be passed by both houses..it will be a "law" & not "constituitional ammendment" ? I think laws can be declared null and void by the SC..and constituitional ammendment cant......right?

Ok..one question..i want to ask.. I am sorry in advance ...if the question seems too illogical / stupid/absurd..

What exactly is the difference between a law..and a constituitional ammendment? Aaj...law pass hua hai..ya isay hum constituitional ammendment kahein ge?

Simplistically put:

Once both houses pass the Bill (and any amendments), it will become an Act.

And when a Bill is approved and transformed into an Act, it will ultimately result in certain constitutional amendments.

Simplistically put:

And when a Bill is approved and transformed into an Act, it will ultimately result in certain constitutional amendments.

Hmmm... I will clarify later..ke main yeh kiun / kis context main pooch rahi thee.. Abhi..first let me..finish reading Justice Khosa's judgment on 18th ammendment..and 21st ammendment ( military court) abhi poori parh lun....khud samajhnay ki koshish karti hun,,,.. Phir...dekhti hun..ke kis hadd tak samajh aaya hai ya nahi?

When it will be passed by both houses..it will be a "law" & not "constituitional ammendment" ? I think laws can be declared null and void by the SC..and constituitional ammendment cant......right?
Simplistically put:

Amendment in constitution is constitutional amendment however for constitutional amendment two third majority is required in both the houses which diffilcult to achieve without having all major parties on board .. law is simple and can be passed by simple majority like today's amendment passed in senate by just one excess vote ...

Constitution is supreme and cannot be challenged in court of law unless it is against general public interest ... Laws can be challenged in courts on various grounds and very easy to strike down by courts ... However current case could be difficult due to politics involved

Last edited:
Constitution is supreme and cannot be challenged in courts of law unless it is against general public interest ... Laws can be challenged in courts on various grounds and very easy to strike down by courts ... However current case could be difficult due to pilitics involved

Thanks for explaining dofference between law and constituitional ammendment.l got it now

@bold current case would be difficult...to..what?? Difficult to strike down by SC? Is this what u mean?

Thanks for explaining dofference between law and constituitional ammendment.l got it now

@bold current case would be difficult...to..what?? Difficult to strike down by SC? Is this what u mean?
Yes because of political issues involved with it as pmln will start hue and cry that it is against us ...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom