What's new

Palestinian leader lauds Pak support

You don't, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do the right thing. Even if they took a stance, what could they do? If anything, they'd probably bring more trouble for themselves than it's worth. They can barely stand on their own feet, they don't need anymore pressure.
Right you are but a question,why do those who are blood related dont take any stance and you from another part of the world allways and i mean allways try to support those who dont give a damn about you?
Is it in the name of humanity?

Are you daft or something ?

Did the Turks ask us to support them on Cyprus ? Did we ask them to support us on Kashmir ? Did we call Erdogan up to issue a statement in our favor when NATO fire martyred our troops at Salala ?

Armstrong, as you know, you and I have barely agreed on anything for a long time; but this one takes the cake. How can you compare these situations when they have nothing to do with each other? You're using inconsistent comparisons to try and prove your point.

Different situations have to be handled differently, don't go making fucking bullshit arguments up because you feel like it. Show me a hard case of why the Palestinians should support Pakistan's stance.

Right you are but a question,why do those who are blood related dont take any stance and you from another part of the world allways and i mean allways try to support those who dont give a damn about you?
Is it in the name of humanity?

Why shouldn't it be in the name of humanity? If we're honestly talking about Muslims helping Muslims, you don't brag about helping someone, and complain when they don't help back. You help them because it's the right thing to do, even if they're your enemy.

Armstrong, as you know, you and I have barely agreed on anything for a long time; but this one takes the cake. How can you compare these situations when they have nothing to do with each other? You're using inconsistent comparisons to try and prove your point.

Different situations have to be handled differently, don't go making fucking bullshit arguments up because you feel like it. Show me a hard case of why the Palestinians should support Pakistan's stance.

For starters : to paraphrase your own assertion 'because its the right thing to do' !

For another - the situations aren't inconsistent & the comparative holds - You asked me why did they support if they never were asked ? If ask & reply was the premise here; neither the Turks nor us were asked nor has anyone else on a myriad issues of note !

Why shouldn't it be in the name of humanity? If we're honestly talking about Muslims helping Muslims, you don't brag about helping someone, and complain when they don't help back. You help them because it's the right thing to do, even if they're your enemy.
I can only say;you are the better man:tup:

For starters : to paraphrase your own assertion 'because its the right thing to do' !

For another - the situations aren't inconsistent & the comparative holds - You asked me why did they support if they never were asked ? If ask & reply was the premise here; neither the Turks nor us were asked nor has anyone else on a myriad issues of note !

They are inconsistent. In Palestine's case, it's completely helpless, and has no way to defend itself, so your comparisons are flawed to the last letter.

and you're forgetting that there is nothing wrong with not taking a stance if it's going to bring you more trouble than it's worth. You can't say simply ignore this. Like I mentioned before, you shouldn't expect a homeless man to give you money, in return for you giving him money.

The right thing to do has no place in Realpolitik though.

Unless the right thing to do aligns with your interests, then it can buttress your arguments.

They are inconsistent. In Palestine's case, it's completely helpless, and has no way to defend itself, so your comparisons are flawed to the last letter.

and you're forgetting that there is nothing wrong with not taking a stance if it's going to bring you more trouble than it's worth. You can't say simply ignore this. Like I mentioned before, you shouldn't expect a homeless man to give you money, in return for you giving him money.

They are perfectly consistent because you conveniently ignore that I've never argued about military, economic or even impassioned rhetoric from Palestine nor have I restricted it to only one issue - Kashmir !

No amount of helpless with an inability to defend themselves can explain away their inability to use their 'tongues' to support Pakistan on an issue......on ANY issue !

There hasn't been a single Issue in our 65 year History that they have supported us on - Not One !

You don't really display that kind of apathy for your Muslim Brethren especially if they're supporting you on an every International Forum where your case is being made, sends Fighter Pilots to fight in every single Arab Israeli Wars, posts entire Brigades as trainers or axuilliary support every single time & strikes up a perpetual animosity with Israel that, allegedly, culminates in them trying to take our your nukes !

No one is asking them to send their Fedayeens to Pakistan - that would be most undesirable, nor is anyone asking for any monetary aid or even championing the causes of Pakistan on the International State but the deafening silence where you can't even be bothered to even say a few words in support of Pakistan on any Issue that we've ever faced in the past 65 years betrays more than just helplessness - it betrays apathy especially when that helplessness never stopped one from commenting on any Arab Issue of note !

They are perfectly consistent because you conveniently ignore that I've never argued about military, economic or even impassioned rhetoric from Palestine nor have I restricted it to only one issue - Kashmir !

No amount of helpless with an inability to defend themselves can explain away their inability to use their 'tongues' to support Pakistan on an issue......on ANY issue !

There hasn't been a single Issue in our 65 year History that they have supported us on - Not One !

You don't really display that kind of apathy for your Muslim Brethren especially if they're supporting you on an every International Forum where your case is being made, sends Fighter Pilots to fight in every single Arab Israeli Wars, posts entire Brigades as trainers or axuilliary support every single time & strikes up a perpetual animosity with Israel that, allegedly, culminates in them trying to take our your nukes !

No one is asking them to send their Fedayeens to Pakistan - that would be most undesirable, nor is anyone asking for any monetary aid or even championing the causes of Pakistan on the International State but the deafening silence where you can't even be bothered to even say a few words in support of Pakistan on any Issue that we've ever faced in the past 65 years betrays more than just helplessness - it betrays apathy especially when that helplessness never stopped one from commenting on any Arab Issue of note !

It's like you're purposefully being ignorant; No, you ARE being ignorant. First you choose to ignore my question about what they could do, then you choose to ignore my comments about what would happen if they did involve themselves with kashmir even with verbal support.

This is why I don't like talking to you, because you continue to believe such ridiculous things and make inconsistent comparisons.

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc, that is what you're doing.

It's ridiculous that I even have to mention this, because your entire comparisons and argument DID involve "military, economic or even impassioned rhetoric ". That's what your entire argument is built on, nothing more! If NONE of these three were involved, then you wouldn't even be making these arguments, because that would eliminate all three available gestures of support to Pakistan.

It's like you're purposefully being ignorant; No, you ARE being ignorant. First you choose to ignore my question about what they could do, then you choose to ignore my comments about what would happen if they did involve themselves with kashmir even with verbal support.

This is why I don't like talking to you, because you continue to believe such ridiculous things and make inconsistent comparisons.

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc, that is what you're doing.

It's ridiculous that I even have to mention this, because your entire comparisons and argument DID involve "military, economic or even impassioned rhetoric ". That's what your entire argument is built on, nothing more! If NONE of these three were involved, then you wouldn't even be making these arguments, because that would eliminate all three available gestures of support to Pakistan.

I see; like @T-123456 so eloquently put it 'all I can say is that you're the better man' :tup:

I see; like @T-123456 so eloquently put it 'all I can say is that you're the better man' :tup:

It's not about being the better man, it's about using common sense.

To this very second, you STILL haven't shown me why Palestine should even mention Kashmir and risk it getting into a mess that it really needs to part of...other than, you know, being "brotherly nations", which you seem to forget, means to give selflessly.

It's not about being the better man, it's about using common sense.

To this very second, you STILL haven't shown me why Palestine should even mention Kashmir and risk it getting into a mess that it really needs to part of...other than, you know, being "brotherly nations", which you seem to forget, means to give selflessly.

Because a lot of people still haven't figured it out. The project to use religion as a device to unite people under one banner, especially today does not work because of disparate motivations.

@Armstrong desire to kick out Afghanis, is an example.

In the end, governments should make decisions in terms of what is in their best interest, not on religious dogma. that simply doesn't cut it.

If that was true, then your Muslim brothers from Kerala wouldn't be treated like the dirt on the ground by Arab Muslims in Gulf countries.

Nor be called a skinny darkie by a fellow Muslim from Pakistan.

Because a lot of people still haven't figured it out. The project to use religion as a device to unite people under one banner, especially today does not work because of disparate motivations.

In the end, governments should make decisions in terms of what is in their best interest, not on religious dogma. hat simply doesn't cut it.

Right on. Asking the Palestinians to support your cause is one thing, expecting them to do it because they share your religious beliefs is just ludicrous.

In the end, governments should make decisions in terms of what is in their best interest, not on religious dogma. that simply doesn't cut it.

If that was true, then your Muslim brothers from Kerala wouldn't be treated like the dirt on the ground by Arab Muslims in Gulf countries.

Nor be called a skinny darkie by a fellow Muslim from Pakistan.

Oh please my desire had nothing to do with religion & everything to do with reciprocity if not in equal measures that at least in equitable measures !

Right on. Asking the Palestinians to support your cause is one thing, expecting them to do it because they share your religious beliefs is just ludicrous.

Ask any Muslims from the Kerala state in India who works in the Gulf countries how they treat their fellow Muslims.

Ask Kerala Muslims how once they got found out they were South Indian were called Skinny, dark uglies on the net by their fellow Muslims for defending Indians.

There is a common Humanity that binds us all, and I regret the religious and racial restrictions of it,

But I am not blind enough to forget the realities of politics.

Oh please my desire had nothing to do with religion & everything to do with reciprocity if not in equal measures that at least in equitable measures !

If that was your motivation then I apologise.

:tup:

Back
Top Bottom