What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

45498116_2140096936041488_4320902851153887232_n.jpg
any detail ....??
source of the pic ... ??

MALE UAV will be bigger than anything we currently have
I should have been clearer, my apologies. What I meant was that those parts are not destined for a MALE UAV. For starters the data-link will not be 2.4 GHz (which is very short range). I believe these are parts for a small aircraft they are building just to get started or something.

I should have been clearer, my apologies. What I meant was that those parts are not destined for a MALE UAV. For starters the data-link will not be 2.4 GHz (which is very short range). I believe these are parts for a small aircraft they are building just to get started or something.
Complete tender is of 16 pages ... I've share one

yes they are taking start from somewhere

Air Platforms
Falco Xplorer UAV makes maiden flight
Gareth Jennings, London - Jane's International Defence Review
20 January 2020

p1742466_main.jpg

The Falco Xplorer MALE UAV made its maiden flight on 15 January. Source: Leonardo
Leonardo flew its Falco Xplorer unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) for the first time on 15 January, the company announced.

The approximately one-hour flight saw the medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) UAV depart Trapani Air Force Base on Sicily before returning to the same location.

As noted by Leonardo, the Falco Xplorer, which combines endurance of over 24 hours, a maximum payload of 350 kg, and a service ceiling of 30,000 ft, will now embark on a series of flight tests to assess the aircraft’s full range of capabilities including its integrated sensor system.

Revealed at the Paris Air Show in June 2019, the Falco Xplorer is 9 m long, has a wingspan of 18.5 m, and is powered by a single Rotax engine. It utilises an evolution of the ground control system used on the earlier iterations of the Falco family, while the baseline sensor fit comprises a Gabbiano T-80UL multimode synthetic aperture radar that can undertake mapping and ground moving target indication, as well as a LEOSS gyro-stabilised electro-optic turret and a SAGE signals intelligence (SIGINT) suite. While weapons could be integrated, Leonardo has stated that this is not currently planned for the platform.

Air Platforms
Falco Xplorer UAV makes maiden flight
Gareth Jennings, London - Jane's International Defence Review
20 January 2020

p1742466_main.jpg

The Falco Xplorer MALE UAV made its maiden flight on 15 January. Source: Leonardo
Leonardo flew its Falco Xplorer unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) for the first time on 15 January, the company announced.

The approximately one-hour flight saw the medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) UAV depart Trapani Air Force Base on Sicily before returning to the same location.

As noted by Leonardo, the Falco Xplorer, which combines endurance of over 24 hours, a maximum payload of 350 kg, and a service ceiling of 30,000 ft, will now embark on a series of flight tests to assess the aircraft’s full range of capabilities including its integrated sensor system.

Revealed at the Paris Air Show in June 2019, the Falco Xplorer is 9 m long, has a wingspan of 18.5 m, and is powered by a single Rotax engine. It utilises an evolution of the ground control system used on the earlier iterations of the Falco family, while the baseline sensor fit comprises a Gabbiano T-80UL multimode synthetic aperture radar that can undertake mapping and ground moving target indication, as well as a LEOSS gyro-stabilised electro-optic turret and a SAGE signals intelligence (SIGINT) suite. While weapons could be integrated, Leonardo has stated that this is not currently planned for the platform.

Sir this thread is for Pakistan's indigenous drone development

any update of Pakistani UAV. i mean ex chief was saying it wiuld be ready next year but still there is no news

Back
Top Bottom