What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

High Quality Picture of PAK SSG.jpg

High-Quality Image of SSG's.

By defected troops of East Pakistan Rifles and East Bengal Regiment at the outskirts of Chittagong. CO of 2 Commando and an attached Signals officer were also killed.
This was the single biggest loss suffered by the SSG, ever! 16 troops (including 2 officers) were martyred during the ambush.

Not sure if posted before

View attachment 641155
That is police.

pakistan-al-qaida-shutterstock-editorial-7129105d.jpg

Old but good

That is Maj Gen Faisal Alvi in the picture when these operations started.

This was the single biggest loss suffered by the SSG, ever! 16 troops (including 2 officers) were martyred during the ambush.

That is police.

Exactly dear.

That is police.

Well some sources suggest 20+ deaths ,maybe all weren't SSG.

I reckon the highest losses were suffered during the Sept '87 Op Qiadat (18 incld 2 offrs)

Alvi was seriously good. Cavalry officer, topped his OACC etc. I'd imagine him reaching the top brass if history was different...

Well some sources suggest 20+ deaths ,maybe all weren't SSG.

That ambush was actually under the command of a JCO of EBR who had laid it for the PA's Chittagong Brigade which was supposed to use this route for a linkup. However, Ghazi company along with CO 2 Cdo landed in the ambush first. However they managed to recover all bodies from the ambush site once additional SSG troops arrived to clear it.
A word about Col Suleman (CO 2 Cdo), he had been with the SSG since its inception...extremely brave....i dont remember who...either Gen Mitha or Brig Z A Khan later mentioned that Col Suleman was standing erect in his jeep once he was ambushed and was one of the first casualties. His buddy was a Bengali SSG soldier who, despite being injured himself, managed to pull CO's body back....

I reckon the highest losses were suffered during the Sept '87 Op Qiadat (18 incld 2 offrs)

Apart from this specific op, SSG otherwise suffered alot more since they were the first responders once Indians took over Siachen.....SSG was inducted a bit in a hurried fashion, no acclimatization, quality of snow equipment wasnt good either.....and then SSG was almost always part of all major operations conducted in this area.

That ambush was actually under the command of a JCO of EBR who had laid it for the PA's Chittagong Brigade which was supposed to use this route for a linkup. However, Ghazi company along with CO 2 Cdo landed in the ambush first. However they managed to recover all bodies from the ambush site once additional SSG troops arrived to clear it.
A word about Col Suleman (CO 2 Cdo), he had been with the SSG since its inception...extremely brave....i dont remember who...either Gen Mitha or Brig Z A Khan later mentioned that Col Suleman was standing erect in his jeep once he was ambushed and was one of the first casualties. His buddy was a Bengali SSG soldier who, despite being injured himself, managed to pull CO's body back....

Apart from this specific op, SSG otherwise suffered alot more since they were the first responders once Indians took over Siachen.....SSG was inducted a bit in a hurried fashion, no acclimatization, quality of snow equipment wasnt good either.....and then SSG was almost always part of all major operations conducted in this area.
Many SSG officers like Shaukat Hamdani and Khalid Khan died in mountain expeditions in the Ghance area before and after the seizure of the glacier & subsequent hostilities. I'd reckon a lot of the 70 odd SSG fatalities were due to non-combat causes. The costliest assault in '92 involved 1 AK - not SSG.

upload_2020-6-18_20-0-22.png

Op Janbaz

upload_2020-6-18_20-1-26.png

Op Janbaz

upload_2020-6-18_20-2-21.png

Op Janbaz

upload_2020-6-18_20-3-59.png

upload_2020-6-18_20-6-20.png

upload_2020-6-18_20-6-36.png

upload_2020-6-18_20-31-27.png

upload_2020-6-18_20-35-53.png

upload_2020-6-18_20-42-29.png

Later, Brig Abdul Rehman Bilal.....Chumik fame.

upload_2020-6-18_20-43-53.png

Naik Yaqoob, who was dropped along with Lt Naveed on Pt 22158, Chumik Glacier.....later dramatized in Alpha Brava Charlie serial....

View attachment 642774
Op Janbaz

View attachment 642775
Op Janbaz

View attachment 642776
Op Janbaz

View attachment 642777

View attachment 642778

View attachment 642779

View attachment 642786

View attachment 642789

View attachment 642795
Later, Brig Abdul Rehman Bilal.....Chumik fame.

View attachment 642797
Naik Yaqoob, who was dropped along with Lt Naveed on Pt 22158, Chumik Glacier.....later dramatized in Alpha Brava Charlie serial....
with reference to the Shield, i found something interesting recently, something our CT units could look into
IMG_20200618_200241.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200618_200241.jpg
    IMG_20200618_200241.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom