What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Mate, I've used AK all my life...... let's say since I was 12...... in my experience it's the general "andaza" that's best with it...... on the other hand, M4 is amazing with various scopes..........

Ohh and why ? I did have training only with scope and it was very usefull !

Just the first pic mate. You can tell they are Americans just by looking at their stature and overall build :woot:

down-pilot-insertion.jpg

Maybe they are American
these are SSGN Frogmen

10.JPG

Is that L85 in their hands.When did we used these,are these still being used.

Attachments

• 1404309364984.jpg
    1404309364984.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 179
@DESERT FIGHTER
Was this gun ever put into service by PAKISTAN ARMY.If yes then when and why we don't see it today.
It had quite some issues.

Yara, in general, any scope on an AK is utterly useless......... therefore, why would you be using it in the first place? This I speak from personal experience.

Speaking from the experience soapbox - Its a decent weapon if selector is on semi auto. AK-47 variants have decent accuracy if not being fired in auto. - Now off the soapbox. ;-)

Where is the armor? No requirement for BBQ gloves, no ear pieces. Just because they have m4's with optics doesnt make them on par with other SFs in equipment. Training is no issue.

Plus all but one is wearing the helmet right. The others need to know basics.
Training is the main issue. All the shiny new equipment won't do you any good if the basics and the tactics are not in place. A good set of equipment obviously makes the job easier, however with Pakistan being a third world country, obviously we have limitations in equipping our forces with all of the available equipment. At the end of the day, these cadres are doing a pretty good job with what is available to them. Experience wise, I am pretty sure our boys in the SSG are second to none in the roles they perform. We can grind operations out and hang in there with the best around the world. This speaks to the decades of institution building and experience. We are doing things with 1/5th the resources as compared to others and making decent headway. I am not too bothered by equipment.

Training is the main issue. All the shiny new equipment won't do you any good if the basics and the tactics are not in place. A good set of equipment obviously makes the job easier, however with Pakistan being a third world country, obviously we have limitations in equipping our forces with all of the available equipment. At the end of the day, these cadres are doing a pretty good job with what is available to them. Experience wise, I am pretty sure our boys in the SSG are second to none in the roles they perform. We can grind operations out and hang in there with the best around the world. This speaks to the decades of institution building and experience. We are doing things with 1/5th the resources as compared to others and making decent headway. I am not too bothered by equipment.

Equipments have to top notch when protecting very vital installations. We have a paltry amount of vessels, should not compromise on such issues. Though i have no doubts regarding our training and capabilities. It is a testament to our achievement with the least amount of equipment we have.

Agreed on the semi automatic part.......... speaking from experience sandbox, if you have spent sufficient time with an AK, you can even use it in Shikkar and shoot down a murghabi (while in flight)! :D

Love that weapon............

Speaking from the experience soapbox - Its a decent weapon if selector is on semi auto. AK-47 variants have decent accuracy if not being fired in auto. - Now off the soapbox. ;-)

Yara, in general, any scope on an AK is utterly useless......... therefore, why would you be using it in the first place? This I speak from personal experience.
the play in the puzzle is in the classic AK's.. the Americanized version addresses that issue and the type 56 are known to be more accurate.
someone I know who is the user of these guns in our Waziristan operation has found no issues with killing taliban

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom