What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Nahi yara, long story but Alpacino in this pic looks just like my late chacha when he was young, i mean ditto! Plus, i just loved his portrayal of Frank Serpico, one of the most heroic Police Officers in US history.

Frank Serpico - Which movie is this ? :what:

I've only seen the Godfather Trilogy, Devil's Advocate & some clips from another movie of his where he talked about 'saying hello to his little friend' ! :D

Frank Serpico - Which movie is this ? :what:

I've only seen the Godfather Trilogy, Devil's Advocate & some clips from another movie of his where he talked about 'saying hello to his little friend' ! :D

Hehe, he is a very talented actor indeed. This film is based on the real life story of Police Officer Frank Serpico.

Here is a trailer of the film:

I really recommend you watch it.

powindahs.jpg

How is Musa company Anti-terrorist? Isn't it a frogman company and Zarrar the ATU?
You are right. Its not. When the ATT requirement was rolled up to the GHQ around 1984, the only company available to take this role on was the "M" Company which was till then a combat diver unit. After some shuffling around, its role was converted to a CT tasking. Eventually it was reverted back to Combat Diver role around the late 90s and the Zarrar Company was given the ATT role.

Its a common practice as far as I know among SFs. As you can see the knee pads are on the right leg. The reason being is while shooting in a kneeling position the right leg's knee makes contact with the ground and not the left leg.

As far as I know this is the reason but I may be wrong.
On range, its the functional thing to do given that most kneel with the right knee. In the field, specially in mountainous terrain, both pads help. Its just a matter of personal preference.

On range, its the functional thing to do given that most kneel with the right knee. In the field, specially in mountainous terrain, both pads help. Its just a matter of personal preference.
Yeah, also I saw in an earlier post that SSG uses FAST helmets. Could you clarify that? Any pics would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom