What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

I think you probably know that hes not SSG but Army right.. looking at the uniform and the badges...

Anyways the only thing hes missing are the protective pads... and the the camel pack.. :)

P.S: Bro, post this in the Pak military thread..
I know he is Not SSG .. he is most likely form LCB . :)

I dnt know.. the equipment being given to the army these days is quiet nice.. could even be a regular infantarian..
Regular Infantry does not carry the Side Glock . & this is not their Camo .

Thts the new uniform..standard army uniform.... as for side arms.. not a big deal.. i think officers are issued handguns.. even soldiers can carry side arms.. not much of a fuzz... When my father was commanding an FC reg .. in baluchistan.. heck even the HQ sent us over a 100 viking handguns.. did you think all of them were given to commissioned officers?

Last edited:
Please, explain how exactly the FN2000 is 'overrated'?

There is nothing much to compare between the M4 and the FN as the later is a bullpop with a full length barrel.

M4s are good looking, hard to maintain and unreliable in certain aspects of shooting. The best AR-15 variant built to date is hk-416 not the M4.

I actually have held an FN 2000. That thing is bulky in size. Not at all practical many aspects. They are meant for very close-to-body handling. handling in tight spaces. Bullpup has its certain advantages but is useless when it comes to maneuver warfare. M4 is not as prone to jamming and technical as you make it out, most of it depends on how well you keep your gun clean. The latest M4 variations are most used by special forces for a reason. FN2000 has a niche in a very small warfare segment. I think the US is thinking of switching to XM8 rifles with complete ability so switch barrels to make it a 7.62x50 or change it into a SAW compatible barrel for long sustained bursts.

My argument wasn't much about bullpup vs standard rifle. Bullpup are expensive and the advantages they provide arent big enough for armed forces to switch infantry to it. Certain armies do, then again it depends on their contact doctrine.

Thts the new uniform..standard army uniform.... as for side arms.. not a big deal.. i think officers are issued handguns.. even soldiers can carry side arms.. not much of a fuzz... When my father was commanding an FC reg .. in baluchistan.. heck even the HQ sent us over a 100 viking handguns.. did you think all of them were given to commissioned officers?
Officers Yes .. but this is actual combat gear .. and if you see closely you wills see that AK is also modified .. the Helmet has the NVG attachment .. so most probably one of the LCB ... and this camo is different ( a little ) from the new Pak Army Digi Cam .

But then again I can be wrong .

Officers Yes .. but this is actual combat gear .. and if you see closely you wills see that AK is also modified .. the Helmet has the NVG attachment .. so most probably one of the LCB ... and this camo is different ( a little ) from the new Pak Army Digi Cam .

But then again I can be wrong .

Modified AKs are used even by FC.. visit Pak Military thread.. you will see even regulars using them.. heck even soldiers on election duty worn the same gear..new BPJs,guards,modified AKs,gloves etc.... same goes for NVGs.. even this pic seems to be from the frontline.. if you view it carefully.. looks like an abandoned govt building in FATA.. .. all these goodies are now being used by army.. even camel backs,protective guards/pads,webbings etc.. its 2013 for God sakes man.. we gotta keep up with time.. :D

I actually have held an FN 2000. That thing is bulky in size. Not at all practical many aspects. They are meant for very close-to-body handling. handling in tight spaces. Bullpup has its certain advantages but is useless when it comes to maneuver warfare. M4 is not as prone to jamming and technical as you make it out, most of it depends on how well you keep your gun clean. The latest M4 variations are most used by special forces for a reason. FN2000 has a niche in a very small warfare segment. I think the US is thinking of switching to XM8 rifles with complete ability so switch barrels to make it a 7.62x50 or change it into a SAW compatible barrel for long sustained bursts.

My argument wasn't much about bullpup vs standard rifle. Bullpup are expensive and the advantages they provide arent big enough for armed forces to switch infantry to it. Certain armies do, then again it depends on their contact doctrine.

Its a long futile debate on if bullpops outweigh the standard rifles in handling or not. M4 is not something i like very much, XM-8 has been abandoned for FN-scar

1393981_555826001155334_1001021747_n.jpg
This is hell off A uniform sir full USA style but we need to go for better guns @DESERT FIGHTER is he from LCB and @Aeronaut

its been almost a year now since Frontline troops had been issued side arms, personally fired a Sarsilmaz B6 issued to CO in wana back in january, so no big deal with the glock----

@DESERT FIGHTER also note the patch on his right shoulder - hes a frogman......
LCB or Infantry - that is not even the question

You have asked the question and answered it yourself, bullpup designs are mostly for urban warfare, but if we go by that rule than we does L85a stands???
keeping this discussion aside XM8 project was abandoned, SCAR-L & H is the future, but even today US Socom is sticking with CM901.....and if i remember correctly US Socom tested out and deployed some SABRs in the field too??

its been almost a year now since Frontline troops had been issued side arms, personally fired a Sarsilmaz B6 issued to CO in wana back in january, so no big deal with the glock----

@DESERT FIGHTER also note the patch on his right shoulder - hes a frogman......
LCB or Infantry - that is not even the question
Sir what is a frogman ? and according to your information will this latest Uniform would be given to all soldiers or not

Back
Top Bottom