What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I personally feel that Bren will win because it seems they are willing to actually work with Army and provide their best. Others particularly FN seem to display a lackadaisical behavior. But thats just me.
It is not just you, others have noticed this as well. Bern have been much more aggressivr in their approach. May be FN is a bit on back foot because of its gun failing with multiple users and getting complaints from various sources as reported.

A CZ in 7.62x51 and not 7.62x39? What about MPT76?

Improved MPT-76 hasn't joined.

Can you please recheck regarding Colt. Its weight was a factor. SIG had the same issue but some weight reduction plan was talked about. Out of loop currently but if you can please check Colt in particular. That part i doubt a bit. CZ was known, we talked about it and mentioned that quite a few times here.

Colt is verified, the reason I posted it here.

I personally feel that Bren will win because it seems they are willing to actually work with Army and provide their best. Others particularly FN seem to display a lackadaisical behavior. But thats just me.

Personally I am rooting for BREN to replace type 56.
But plz dnt consider me crazy BREN walay baba g lol :D:P

A 'few months' is what CZ was expecting when I last had a conversation with their official in April.

I believe they are talking about the 7.62x39mm CZ 807 only... 7.62x51mm is facing tests again, for reasons unknown.. with CZ, Sig & Colt participating.

Colt is verified, the reason I posted it here.
Fine. This is interesting.
The problem at the beginning, or the let down was the weight in case of Colt (that is time when options were being "thought" about. SIG had same issues but there was a weight reduction project envisioned at SIG already but Colt comes as a surprise.
What can possibly be the reason. We have a gun that performed well in the trials and we have a company that is almost final for x39 and were also going to offer a x51 solution (and they have now it seems) so why bring in two extras in the loop.
Anyway, i just hope that the x39 deal is finalized now that we have done with the budget and all. Get the paper work in order and make it official. The x51 seems likely to take another few months now.

Interesting to note that the SiG-716 and Colt CM901 are both AR-based, could be a sign that the Army isn't entirely sure about jumping to an entirely new platform (vs. picking up a variant of the very common AR).

@Zarvan what is the status of FN SCAR now and when Colt and SIG joins. i have been following this thread from quit a while when do colt and sig started trials

What do you think about Turkey's MPT-76 Rifle
Turkey MPT 76 failed our summer trials but company said it would resolve the issue soon and would want Pakistan Army to test the Rifle again. In fact Turkey itself was not happy with the first batch of MPT 76 they got so Turkey itself has given the task to other Turkish company to produce MPT 76 and also make some changes in it.

Turkey MPT 76 failed our summer trials but company said it would resolve the issue soon and would want Pakistan Army to test the Rifle again. In fact Turkey itself was not happy with the first batch of MPT 76 they got so Turkey itself has given the task to other Turkish company to produce MPT 76 and also make some changes in it.
It is a bit on the heavier side weighing in at 4.2 kg .

What can possibly be the reason. We have a gun that performed well in the trials and we have a company that is almost final for x39 and were also going to offer a x51 solution (and they have now it seems) so why bring in two extras in the loop.
Anyway, i just hope that the x39 deal is finalized now that we have done with the budget and all. Get the paper work in order and make it official. The x51 seems likely to take another few months now.

x51 will see a delay much longer than a few months.

Interesting to note that the SiG-716 and Colt CM901 are both AR-based, could be a sign that the Army isn't entirely sure about jumping to an entirely new platform (vs. picking up a variant of the very common AR).

Colt USA joined winter trials in January. Sig has been around from mid 2016.

There is no word on the frontrunners from Belgium & Italy :whistle::whistle:.

Back
Top Bottom