What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
to summarise past 150 pages

first : SCAR and Beretta are winners, CZ is third
then : CZ Bren was beaten by AK-103
then : Bren exploded after 10,000 rounds
then : CZ cheated the trials

wait for some more pages and we will be seeing "CZ sent a water gun to trials" :lol:

40k SCAR are in service with KSA.
300,000 sold so far, more than other contestants.

Other contestants also aren't in large scale service. HK is not selling to Pakistan, Kalashnikov isn't willing to give TOT, ARX-200 isn't battle tested and CZ cheated during tests.
I thought you will react like this :)
ARX has beaten SCAR badly in Argentina so far..
CZ in service in Mexico, they are using it quite a lot and as far as I know some of those warriors they do not complain.
And GIGN guys test their weapons properly.
KSA is not ordering SCAR any more so is the PERU, it is slowly being replaced in service here..

After failure of the x39 tests, i don't think Army will buy one. They really wanted the AK-103 but Russians won't let us make them. x51 is between SCAR and ARX. Former is leading thus far.

So SCAR is in?

You should ask the CZ rep to officially deny that they didn't change parts during trials and gotten caught by the Army. I'll send the statement to the relevant quarter and we will find out. Plus, no other contestant than CZ is playing media gimmicks. What does it tell you!

to summarise past 150 pages

first : SCAR and Beretta are winners, CZ is third
then : CZ Bren was beaten by AK-103
then : Bren exploded after 10,000 rounds
then : CZ cheated the trials

wait for some more pages and we will be seeing "CZ sent a water gun to trials" :lol:

After failure of the x39 tests, i don't think Army will buy one. They really wanted the AK-103 but Russians won't let us make them. x51 is between SCAR and ARX. Former is leading thus far.
Well both are good, but I'm biased towards SCAR, sorry. I sincerely hope and pray, you guys go for it.

I have no means to verify your information. ARX-200 has passed most trials in Pakistan too, although it has not been impressive. I'm not conducting any trials and i just have confidence that the Army will pick the very best rifle for its soldiers, be it the SCAR or ARX. CZ and AK failed 10k round dump tests, so i think in the absence of any viable alternatives, the Army will not proceed with the x39 requirement for the time being.

I thought you will react like this :)
ARX has beaten SCAR badly in Argentina so far..
CZ in service in Mexico, they are using it quite a lot and as far as I know some of those warriors they do not complain.
And GIGN guys test their weapons properly.
KSA is not ordering SCAR any more so is the PERU, it is slowly being replaced in service here..

I think the decision has been made. We will find out after the budget in June.

Well both are good, but I'm biased towards SCAR, sorry. I sincerely hope and pray, you guys go for it.

You should ask the CZ rep to officially deny that they didn't change parts during trials and gotten caught by the Army. I'll send the statement to the relevant quarter and we will find out. Plus, no other contestant than CZ is playing media gimmicks. What does it tell you!

Where did i say the information is wrong ? :) Regarding finding out the fact : I can wait for official contract, whoever gets it is the winner. Trust army to not go for a wrong platform

SCAR is the best platform in my opinion. It fits perfectly with our requirements to update the soldiers personal land warfare system coming in the future. It also satisfies our requirements for 5.56mm variants for three Special Ops units as well as the 13" variant can serve as a CQB replacement for the MP5s. We are looking at one million rifles! - Army has conducted very transparent and rigorous trials in all environments of Pakistan and whichever rifle wins will be according to Pakistan's requirements.

Where did i say the information is wrong ? :) Regarding finding out the fact : I can wait for official contract, whoever gets it is the winner. Trust army to not go for a wrong platform

Then what do you think of the LOU between POF and CZ?

Please lets have the clarification on CZ. @TheOccupiedKashmir can you ask the CZ guy PhDr. Ondrej Podel. Someone is talking porkies, meaning no disrespect.

I made small research on FN SCAR performance in past years:
1) France army trials - failed
2) New Zealand army assault rifle - failed
3) UK DMR - failed
4) Czech Republic assault rifle - failed
5) US Soccom - shelved, pulled of the already equipped units
6) Australia DMR - failed
7) New Zealand DMR - failed
8) Czech Republic DMR - failed
9) Norway assault rifle - failed
10) Norway DMR - failed
11) Colombia Fuerzas Especiales de Marina DMR -failed
12) Belgium home army - not in service as main rifle
13) Peru the only big user - bribery scandal, manipulating, cheating..

All these are facts - not just words

Hope I will not be banned for this, because I am afraid this thread is under control of SCAR lobby

Just a small correction,the Belgian army selected it as its new standard rifle. 5,324 pieces were ordered in 2014,with probably follow on orders to equip all the other branches of Belgium's army.

http://trends.levif.be/economie/ent...es-de-l-armee-belge/article-normal-20227.html

ssf.jpg

Just a precision : FN got eliminated out of the Famas' replacement bid because of irregularities concerning the price offer as I said some months ago on this thread. It wasn't even tested.

Last edited:
I made small research on FN SCAR performance in past years:
1) France army trials - failed
2) New Zealand army assault rifle - failed
3) UK DMR - failed
4) Czech Republic assault rifle - failed
5) US Soccom - shelved, pulled of the already equipped units
6) Australia DMR - failed
7) New Zealand DMR - failed
8) Czech Republic DMR - failed
9) Norway assault rifle - failed
10) Norway DMR - failed
11) Colombia Fuerzas Especiales de Marina DMR -failed
12) Belgium home army - not in service as main rifle
13) Peru the only big user - bribery scandal, manipulating, cheating..

All these are facts - not just words

Hope I will not be banned for this, because I am afraid this thread is under control of SCAR lobby
Why would you be banned? Mods only go after people being a-holes, don't worry too much. Also, there are only 2, maybe 3 people advocating for the SCAR, everyone else (like me) thinks the SCAR is overrated. I'm personally hoping the ARX wins.

Just a precision : FN got eliminated out of the Famas' replacement bid because of irregularities concerning the price offer as I said some months ago on this thread. It wasn't even tested.

@El Fuego

I've written some times ago ;

The "Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal" (propriété de la région Wallonne) offer was immediatly rejected by the administrative court of Paris (Tribunal administratif de Paris) because of flagrant commercial irregularities in its offer in the tender to replace the FAMAS.
Basically to make it easier,they declared a price of €0 for the first batch then a variable price for each one of the following batches..... The judge considered that in the event that the rifles are bought in one batch,it would violate the article 1 of the code,making the offer unacceptable....

A pretty dumb move that made the FN lose the tender.

Back
Top Bottom