What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
First I know you said this Gun is x 51 in fact I was the first one to post this picture in some thread. Secondly @Horus told me that the BREN x 51 which Pakistan tested whose poster I mean that one with bullet wholes was shown at IDEAS was Marksman version much before this picture appeared.

No it wasn't at IDEAS. At ideas they only showed the firing results of x 51 they didn't showed the rifle. Only weapon which was shown was CZ 807
Read his question again and then my reply.
I asked him whether he mean that he have not seen one in trials or that he never know one existed. As proof of existence, it can be found at IDEAS (as you have admitted in your post too). I hope he will be able to write for himself and will then gladly discuss the matter with him.

In a recent conversation with @TheOccupiedKashmir, PhDr. Ondrej Podel (Head of Project Pakistan, CZ) dismissed rumours that CZ 807 exploded during Pakistan Army trials. He said "no explosion occured to any of our rifles. You have seen the proof target signed by authorities – accuracy after 10,000 rds – exploded rifle wouldn't do that. Trials were observed and reported by many authorities and OEM's were present to all tests as witness."

Regarding last month's presentation in Balochistan, he said that "As I have declared before, Pakistan is key partner for CZ and therefore we are very active in Pakistan. 7.62x51 was there as well, but was not released for media photoshoot. And yes 7.62x51 is part of trials."

Asked to comment on the ongoing negotiations, he said "Final stage may take even few months till everything is tuned up to everyone's satisfaction, because we work with Win - Win strategy."

From the above it seems CZ is coming at least for x39 (however we may get lucky with x51 also from CZ). May be the PA just wants to keep CZ in line by not dropping SCAR yet.

You can't expect CZ's gun runner to admit publicly that his top offering exploded during 10k round dump can you?

In a recent conversation with @TheOccupiedKashmir, PhDr. Ondrej Podel (Head of Project Pakistan, CZ) dismissed rumours that CZ 807 exploded during Pakistan Army trials. He said "no explosion occured to any of our rifles. You have seen the proof target signed by authorities – accuracy after 10,000 rds – exploded rifle wouldn't do that. Trials were observed and reported by many authorities and OEM's were present to all tests as witness."

Regarding last month's presentation in Balochistan, he said that "As I have declared before, Pakistan is key partner for CZ and therefore we are very active in Pakistan. 7.62x51 was there as well, but was not released for media photoshoot. And yes 7.62x51 is part of trials."

Asked to comment on the ongoing negotiations, he said "Final stage may take even few months till everything is tuned up to everyone's satisfaction, because we work with Win - Win strategy."

17523096_781728531992803_350372568519435422_n.jpg
17799190_781728508659472_5062760628358402181_n.jpg

Arx-200 and scar while in trial in Pakistan.

ARX-200 and SCAR are two finalists competing for G3 replacement while CZ807 BREN going to replace type56/81 rifle. Is it the current situation or i am wrong ?

It was at IDEAS as well.
Or are you talking about never seeing it being evaluated?
i am talking about never seen CZ bren variant in x51.... At IDEAS only poster was there (stating that X51 is there) but the rifle that they have displayed was X39

i am talking about never seen CZ bren variant in x51.... At IDEAS only poster was there (stating that X51 is there) but the rifle that they have displayed was X39
As far as i am aware, the CZ gun in x51 category was afforded a late entry and the gun was brought towards the end of trials. It was evaluated in Pakistan however. Perhaps it have something to do with the news reports that CZ have been finalized for x39 category, perhaps that is why they allowed a late entry to the x51 gun from same source and checked it as well.

From the above it seems CZ is coming at least for x39 (however we may get lucky with x51 also from CZ). May be the PA just wants to keep CZ in line by not dropping SCAR yet.
SCAR is pretty much already selected. The question is whether BREN Will come for x 39 caliber or not

You can't expect CZ's gun runner to admit publicly that his top offering exploded during 10k round dump can you?

We have nothing more than rumours. So, there is no reason to dispute his answer.

As far as i am aware, the CZ gun in x51 category was afforded a late entry and the gun was brought towards the end of trials. It was evaluated in Pakistan however. Perhaps it have something to do with the news reports that CZ have been finalized for x39 category, perhaps that is why they allowed a late entry to the x51 gun from same source and checked it as well.

I believe CZ 807 7.62x51mm was there very much from the beginning.

Look at this pic. The remarks are dated 26/8/16.

full

In September 2016, CZ was shortlisted.

https://web.archive.org/web/2016091...16/09/cz-shortlisted-for-pakistani-order.html

Back
Top Bottom