What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Probably, but I don't have any first hand knowledge to confirm or deny that.

That (in red) is not an intelligent post.

To put things in perspective, Pakistan needs to new rifles
1 - Current G3 (7.62x51) - Final contenders FN Scar H & Beretta ARX200
2 - Current Type 56 (7.62x390 - Final contender CZ 807

From financial, manufacturing, and operational point of view the best solution would be to select both calibers from the same manufacturer. That would require half the investment in production facilities and cost a lot cheaper per unit because of commonality of component, in fact just by changing the barrel, magazine and magazine well insert you can convert one caliber to the other. I think we should go with CZ as they are ready and willing to give full TOT and exporting rights.
Personally I would prefer the PA to go for SCAR for special forces (due to cost factor) and CZ for infantry for both x39 and x51 version even if we have to wait for CZ to bring its x51 up to speed.

This is Berreta ARX 200

Personally I would prefer the PA to go for SCAR for special forces (due to cost factor) and CZ for infantry for both x39 and x51 version even if we have to wait for CZ to bring its x51 up to speed.
For once people 20 companies wanted to come we invited 5 out of which two are most expensive Guns. We knew about the cost before starting trials

x51 from CZ was evaluated later on.

This is Berreta ARX 200

For once people 20 companies wanted to come we invited 5 out of which two are most expensive Guns. We knew about the cost before starting trials
I said it bcz if we can get CZ with near similar capability of Scar at reduced price then we can use the saved funds on other gadgets like sights, ubgl, better comm gear etc.

never seen x51 from CZ so far ...
15095646_1281246888609911_8615287168109758177_n-jpg.388925

Guy in the prone position is on a CZ which has not been officially unveiled to public!

Hazrat go back some pages I cracked the rifle as being CZ!!! On this very thread!!
First I know you said this Gun is x 51 in fact I was the first one to post this picture in some thread. Secondly @Horus told me that the BREN x 51 which Pakistan tested whose poster I mean that one with bullet wholes was shown at IDEAS was Marksman version much before this picture appeared.

It was at IDEAS as well.
Or are you talking about never seeing it being evaluated?
No it wasn't at IDEAS. At ideas they only showed the firing results of x 51 they didn't showed the rifle. Only weapon which was shown was CZ 807

In a recent conversation with @TheOccupiedKashmir, PhDr. Ondrej Podel (Head of Project Pakistan, CZ) dismissed rumours that CZ 807 exploded during Pakistan Army trials. He said "no explosion occured to any of our rifles. You have seen the proof target signed by authorities – accuracy after 10,000 rds – exploded rifle wouldn't do that. Trials were observed and reported by many authorities and OEM's were present to all tests as witness."

Regarding last month's presentation in Balochistan, he said that "As I have declared before, Pakistan is key partner for CZ and therefore we are very active in Pakistan. 7.62x51 was there as well, but was not released for media photoshoot. And yes 7.62x51 is part of trials."

Asked to comment on the ongoing negotiations, he said "Final stage may take even few months till everything is tuned up to everyone's satisfaction, because we work with Win - Win strategy."

In a recent conversation with @TheOccupiedKashmir, PhDr. Ondrej Podel (Head of Project Pakistan, CZ) dismissed rumours that CZ 807 exploded during Pakistan Army trials. He said "no explosion occured to any of our rifles. You have seen the proof target signed by authorities – accuracy after 10,000 rds – exploded rifle wouldn't do that. Trials were observed and reported by many authorities and OEM's were present to all tests as witness."

Regarding last month's presentation in Balochistan, he said that "As I have declared before, Pakistan is key partner for CZ and therefore we are very active in Pakistan. 7.62x51 was there as well, but was not released for media photoshoot. And yes 7.62x51 is part of trials."

Asked to comment on the ongoing negotiations, he said "Final stage may take even few months till everything is tuned up to everyone's satisfaction, because we work with Win - Win strategy."
PhDr. Ondrej Podel has to be the guy in the video talking about ToT with POF?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom