What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Probably, but I don't have any first hand knowledge to confirm or deny that.

Are all the candidate weapons and ammo tested the same way?

That (in red) is not an intelligent post.

To put things in perspective, Pakistan needs to new rifles
1 - Current G3 (7.62x51) - Final contenders FN Scar H & Beretta ARX200
2 - Current Type 56 (7.62x390 - Final contender CZ 807

From financial, manufacturing, and operational point of view the best solution would be to select both calibers from the same manufacturer. That would require half the investment in production facilities and cost a lot cheaper per unit because of commonality of component, in fact just by changing the barrel, magazine and magazine well insert you can convert one caliber to the other. I think we should go with CZ as they are ready and willing to give full TOT and exporting rights.

Yup they did and I still think in x39 BREN will come but some changes will be made so it can go through our endurance test and x 51 SCAR is coming. What I am hoping for is if Pakistan goes for both SCAR and BREN than Pakistan goes for entire series of both Rifles not just one caliber

Probably, but I don't have any first hand knowledge to confirm or deny that.

That (in red) is not an intelligent post.

To put things in perspective, Pakistan needs to new rifles
1 - Current G3 (7.62x51) - Final contenders FN Scar H & Beretta ARX200
2 - Current Type 56 (7.62x390 - Final contender CZ 807

From financial, manufacturing, and operational point of view the best solution would be to select both calibers from the same manufacturer. That would require half the investment in production facilities and cost a lot cheaper per unit because of commonality of component, in fact just by changing the barrel, magazine and magazine well insert you can convert one caliber to the other. I think we should go with CZ as they are ready and willing to give full TOT and exporting rights.
SCAR is also giving full TOT and exporting rights,and we are looking for two calibers and in X 51 only Beretta and SCAR competed and x 39 AK 103 and BREN competed. SCAR won the every trial in x 51 category but both BREN and AK 103 have failed endurance test.

I think their technical evaluation/recommendations is done by W&E of the GHQ.
Regarding what?

The only so called heavy weapons they posses are old med/small calib arty guns,old APC & type 55/59s (hand me down by the army) & choppers purchased by MOI.

In fact small arms like handguns etc are even bought at regimental level.

All budget allotment and so on varry on the graciousness of the MOI.

If at all, there is a rivalry between the paramil and the army.

Luckily when my father was commanding, the brigade commander was his unit officer and the ties between the two forces were cordial, and yet I observed the "rivalry" , when a certain NCO respectfully tells a Capt or Maj sb that he can't be served at the FC mess..:lol:

I am not talking about funding, i am talking about test and evaluation for tenders. Currently FC wants over 5000 new rifles for which a tender is reportedly issued. It will have to be approved by W&E. Based on their recommendations, the acquisition is carried out by MOI.

Regarding what?

The only so called heavy weapons they posses are old med/small calib arty guns,old APC & type 55/59s (hand me down by the army) & choppers purchased by MOI.

I am not talking about funding, i am talking about test and evaluation for tenders. Currently FC wants over 5000 new rifles for which a tender is reportedly issued. It will have to be approved by W&E. Based on their recommendations, the acquisition is carried out by MOI.
5000 new rifles ?

All will be sorted out from POF.

The tender itself is pushed by FC HQ and approved by MOI.

In FC, army has no say, regarding such decisions.

FC being a separate force headed by its a Maj Gen who sits in provincial capital.
Following its own SOPs etc.

Even in 2009.

FC 2 had started receiving Kevlar helmets and webbings which the army did later.

The average FC trooper was better equipped than the army at that time.

The only thing which we lacked was perhaps the shiny range masters army started receiving in small batches.

SCAR is also giving full TOT and exporting rights,and we are looking for two calibers and in X 51 only Beretta and SCAR competed and x 39 AK 103 and BREN competed. SCAR won the every trial in x 51 category but both BREN and AK 103 have failed endurance test.
I seriously Fukin doubt SCAR will equip over a million troops.

At max some SF might adopt it but not the entire mil.

I'm going to bet on CZ.

I know all of that, only think i'm suggesting is that FC's W&E for major acquisitions is carried out by the FC and the rifles they are looking for are not currently in production at POF.

5000 new rifles ?

FC being a separate force headed by its a Maj Gen who sits in provincial capital.

Even in 2009.

FC 2 had started receiving Kevlar helmets and webbings which the army did later.

The only thing which we lacked was perhaps the shiny range masters army started receiving in small batches.

Regarding what?

If at all, there is a rivalry between the paramil and the army.

Luckily when my father was commanding, the brigade commander was his unit officer and the ties between the two forces were cordial, and yet I observed the "rivalry" , when a certain NCO respectfully tells a Capt or Maj sb that he can't be served at the FC mess..:lol:

Yes but they are headed by Major General and that Major General mainly reports and listens to what GHQ tells him not what MOI tells him.

5000 new rifles ?

Even in 2009.

I seriously Fukin doubt SCAR will equip over a million troops.

At max some SF might adopt it but not the entire mil.

I'm going to bet on CZ.

SCAR is for entire Military not just Special Forces in fact Special Forces are not even priority at this moment they already have enough weapons and they for the least time tested the Rifles in fact it was more of a formality. SCAR H is bound to replace all G3 and message is being given to officers now that G3 is coming. BREN has failed endurance test so even if it replaces Type 56 still it would go through lot of changes. FC most likely is going to get SCAR also so will Rangers.

Or these new rifles whatever they are or selected may be for
Cpec security division

FN Scar
camera66.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom