What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I am waiting for a answer from some guy until he answers I am not sure if SCAR is out because we still have to replace G3 and sorry CZ 807 is not replacing G3 and there is no proof that 7.62 X 51 of BREN exists. So still as far as I think it's either FN SCAR H or Berreta ARX 200 which would replace G3 not BREN. Still I have a asked a guy a question waiting for his reply

I am waiting for a answer from some guy until he answers I am not sure if SCAR is out because we still have to replace G3 and sorry CZ 807 is not replacing G3 and there is no proof that 7.62 X 51 of BREN exists. So still as far as I think it's either FN SCAR H or Berreta ARX 200 which would replace G3 not BREN. Still I have a asked a guy a question waiting for his reply
Hazrat @Zarvan read this chart!! it is on a CZ booth, now if a CZ in x51 is made public then where do you stand?

15230777_10206394913266564_3285617598718041152_n.jpg

Hazrat @Zarvan read this chart!! it is on a CZ booth, now if a CZ in x51 is made public then where do you stand?

I have but I am waiting for my guy reply until he tells me SCAR and Berreta are out I am not going to believe anything. Because he few days back said if BREN comes will only replace Type 56 not G3 for G3 Berreta and SCAR are being negotiated not BREN.

I don't expect to see a chart related to FN or Beretta at a CZ booth. CZ 806 BREN 2 is available in x51 according to the CZ official cited on page 1. The chart is enough to hint that a x51 will (or already has been) offered to PA.

I didnt know this was claimed to be from a booth at IDEAS. Are we sure this was taken at a CZ booth at IDEAS? I mean why waste expensive marketing space on a chart from testing? And then why show only a chart but not the name or picture of the rifle whose chart is on display?

Too little information is available to draw the conclusion that this chart is from a 7.62x51 caliber Bren variant. It may very well be from another cz rifle that can fire 7.62x51 such as:
Cz-750-s1-m1

Regards

@Suff Shikan did you see this chart at the CZ booth?

it is the CZ booth as the BREN is on the table if the chart was a mistake i.e they were meant to write 7.62 X 39 but wrote X51. That could have been understood. BUT in brackets it says 0.308 Win which is another term for 7.62 X 51 and it is 168 grain bullet!!!

Hazrat @Zarvan @TheOccupiedKashmir

I visited the stall, but did not noticed the written stuff :(

Last edited:
Little sad obviously but not that sad because the rifles which were tested I hated AK-103 and Serbian Gun the most and they are out but I would say that SCAR have more chances to come in 7.62 X 51 category but I am also hoping to see more optics coming with new Assault Rifles.
t-series-thermal-weapon-sight-product.png

c-series-image.png
We've already ordered thermal scopes from raytheon

Both AK103 and Serbian M21 are badass rifles ...

Doubt that.

MG3 is an excellent machine gun.
The same can be said about other legacy weapons but they are also considered obsolete. The same argument was once used for the G3 and it is also being replaced.

Alot of these countries have already moved on excluding the Danish and Estonians, both of which are not considered top tier or very modern army's. The German are moving on with the Hk121 and the Belgians have moved on to the Fn minimi since a long time. Plus the MG3 upgrade is only available from a select American manufacturers so it should be out of the question.

I think POF should be tasked to develop a new LMG - independently or with a partner. Like the LSR, an LMG is for specific or specialized scenarios, and as such, it does not have the urgent priority or mass adoption scale of standard-issue assault rifles or battle rifles. In turn, POF has space to design a system and gradually improve it, as it is doing with the LSR.

Sir, correct me if I am wrong, but you need the ability to simply lay suppressing fire at the section level. For that you need basically an ammo cruncher that forces the enemy to keep its head low. Or you need to direct fire using tracers. As far as I can see, MG3 can be used for either. Problems (if any) with accuracy, recoil, heating etc. can be solved through improvements.

People here jumping here and there talking about SCAR
Im sure most of you guys haven't even held a 5.56 or a 7.62 round let alone fire one on the range
Do you guys have the slightest idea what it would cost to manufacture this rifle?
Where do you think the money's gonna come from?
Why can't we just stick with a smaller round and select the CZ as a standard rifle
7.62×51? Thats a huge round used for DMRs & GPMGs these days
No matter how good you manufacturer a rifle with good muzzle break you still got recoil
Not to mention the weight of the ammo to carry and the logistical problems
So i guess we should stick with the CZ and use the money saved to induct decent sights like red dots and ACOGs for the new rifles
Iron sights should only be used as backup sights
Some argue that the 7.62 SCAR will be used on the Eastern front!
Who fights conventional wars these days dude

Im sure most of you guys haven't even held a 5.56 or a 7.62 round let alone fire one on the range
Do you guys have the slightest idea what it would cost to manufacture this rifle?
Why can't we just stick with a smaller round and select the CZ as a standard rifle
No matter how good you manufacturer a rifle with good muzzle break you still got recoil
So i guess we should stick with the CZ and use the money saved to induct decent sights like red dots and ACOGs for the new rifles
With 7.62 x51 the recoil will be more in effect and can cause accuracy issues during rapid fire on multiple targets.. Speaking of 7.62 why wasn't ACR on offer or called for trials,??

The same can be said about other legacy weapons but they are also considered obsolete. The same argument was once used for the G3 and it is also being replaced.

Alot of these countries have already moved on excluding the Danish and Estonians, both of which are not considered top tier or very modern army's. The German are moving on with the Hk121 and the Belgians have moved on to the Fn minimi since a long time. Plus the MG3 upgrade is only available from a select American manufacturers so it should be out of the question.
I'm sure Pak spends more money on troops (individually) than NATO members like Denmark,Estonia,Belgium or Germany,Turkey ...All of which STILL are using MG3!

As for the upgrades .. Not exactly rocket science which can't be find by POF which already has introduced one.

PA is not abandoning 7.62x51mm anytime soon. The G3/Type 56 replacement tender mentioned x51 and x39.

Too little information is available to draw the conclusion that this chart is from a 7.62x51 caliber Bren variant. It may very well be from another cz rifle that can fire 7.62x51 such as:
Cz-750-s1-m1

Possible given that the chart mentions .308 Win.

:lol::lol::sleep:

Everything was calculated before starting trials. Sir we knew about the costs. And I have checked with the friend BREN is not going to replace G3 it would be either SCAR or Berreta @Path-Finder

Back
Top Bottom