What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Hazrat you are going to see this for the foreseeable future, like it or not!
Hazrat even if we select the Rifle it would take a decade to replace all so I know G3 will be there for at least one more decade.

Hazrat you are going to see this for the foreseeable future, like it or not!
But if you think G3 has some special place in Army heart no it doesn't. The moment they get a good Rifle you would see it vanishing from ranks. Just like Type 56 is vanishing from use by SSG and now even LCB units are seen with M4.

Hazrat even if we select the Rifle it would take a decade to replace all so I know G3 will be there for at least one more decade.

But if you think G3 has some special place in Army heart no it doesn't. The moment they get a good Rifle you would see it vanishing from ranks. Just like Type 56 is vanishing from use by SSG and now even LCB units are seen with M4.
Derwaish didn't Pakistan get select amount of AK-103?

hi, as I could see, this post is 2015, pak army should have completed trials and procurements, so who won then at masses?

Derwaish didn't Pakistan get select amount of AK-103?

I really hope it's true. It perfectly fits the profile of a PA infantryman.

As per the author John Kennedy, the AK-103 purchase is not part of the rifle tender, it is a separate program. All off-the-shelf pcs.

I think the rifle tender is moving to a situation where, POF will continue manufacturing 7.62x51mm rifles and 7.62x39mm rifles will be imported, as done before with Type 56.

@django @Inception-06 @Signalian @HRK @Starlord @Arsalan

As per the author John Kennedy, the AK-103 purchase is not part of the rifle tender, it is a separate program. All off-the-shelf pcs.

I think the rifle tender is moving to a situation where, POF will continue manufacturing 7.62x51mm rifles and 7.62x39mm rifles will be imported, as done before with Type 56.

I get the feeling there is no rush to get new rifles and its all cool down. Most likely reason non of the tenders impressed PA.

literally I lost the track about the discussion for the tender of Rifles purchase, so all I can say this could the case as you suggested or may be direct purchase order for AK-103 was placed to get licence for in house production

But why is Ak-103 not a part of the rifle tender!

But why is Ak-103 not a part of the rifle tender!

John says its an off-the-shelf purchase made outside of the GSR assault rifle tender. That means no local production after the direct purchase is made.
The GSR tender specified off-the-shelf purchase + local production.

If the 140,000 AK-103 figure is confirmed by an official source, that would be curtains for any 7.62x39mm rifle production at POF.

Last edited:
John says its an off-the-shelf purchase made outside of the GSR assault rifle tender. That means no local production after the direct purchase is made.
The GSR tender specified off-the-shelf purchase + local production.

If the 140,000 AK-103 figure is confirmed by any official source, that would be curtains for any 7.62x39mm rifle production at POF.

No such order has been placed

Back
Top Bottom