What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
600000 men, from that fighting force, could be 500000: 130000 Ak-103 means 13:5=2,6 so 2-3 Ak-103 in one section.

I think the section level would look in the future like this: One men with RPG(sidearm could be Type-56 submachine gun), than the RPG-ammunition carrier equipped with Type-56 submachine gun, then the MG-3 carrier, then the MG-3 ammunition carrier who is equipped with a Type-56 submachine gun, Sniper or Marksman equipped with Steyr SSG 69, than the Radio communication Soldier need also the lighter Type-56 submachine gun. This are Six Soldiers till now. 6 are left, that means the three will carry the G-3 and the last three the Ak-103. This section level is a deadly combination.

@Signalian do you agree
yes boss.

I'd honestly go all-in on CZ ... i.e. CZ-807 for 7.62 NATO, 7.62x39 and 5.56 NATO; CZ TSR for .308; CZ Scorpion for 9 mm; CZ P-10 for sidearm. In terms of LMG, I'd go to Denel Land Systems for the DMG-5. For an AMR, I'd go to Truvelo (South Africa).

CZ side arms are some of the best. Here CZ75/85 are the cadilacs then Taurus + Vektor. We use Vektor SP1 here.

Agreed, Economics of scale if all are standardised to one manufacturer and opens up to avenue to multiple upgrades across the board.

DMG-5 is superb; if you want slightly cheaper; SS-77 is easily accessible and is superb; we used it in Angola; its egronomics are very much PK LMG but like RPK, LW used R4 as a basis and it is available in both 5.56mm/7.62. On our side, we use 7.62mm locally but former if required for export market. What is more amazing DMG-5 was designed by junior engineers and interns.

Yep it was a toheen in which our beloved lost his marbles shamelessly. However time has proven it to be true :partay:. I think its very difficult to build a rifle around that calibre and in that competition SCAR did ok but nothing ground breaking. Maybe polish rifles will be tested too because why not it benefits both vendor and the party testing the platform.
I still dont know why they are going to poland for a platform; it defies my understanding given they do not have proven track record like others.

I still dont know why they are going to poland for a platform; it defies my understanding given they do not have proven track record like others.

Not sure but there is no harm in giving it a go as there seems to be no rush to sign a contract so continuing with window shopping. but it can be a courtesy to Poland because in the early years of Pakistan Poles played a vital role.

Not sure but there is no harm in giving it a go as there seems to be no rush to sign a contract so continuing with window shopping. but it can be a courtesy to Poland because in the early years of Pakistan Poles played a vital role.
True definitely no harm but why waste time.

DjcVitGW0AA4aMJ.jpg

DjcVitKW0AAoTMS.jpg

DjcVitAXoAAaHCi.jpg

DjcVis7XcAA3TMb.jpg

Qatar Armed Force(QAF) concluded a training course for dismantling, installing and using of Beretta arx 200 assault rifles, arx 160 a2 and pistols which will be manufactured inside Qatar .. begging from 2019 Qatar Armed Force will use Beretta rifles and pistols

Ask the Russians to develop a modern AK-47 variant that uses 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition. Yes, this ammunition is not common at the moment. But Americans will start using this ammunition in the near future. You guys are one step ahead of the rest.
6.5 mm is a great round

found something very interesting about the Type 56. The guy speaking in English was in Pakistan for the rifle trial on behalf of Kalashnikov and he doesn't say it but he means Pakistan.

start from 4:25

found something very interesting about the Type 56. The guy speaking in English was in Pakistan for the rifle trial on behalf of Kalashnikov and he doesn't say it but he means Pakistan.

start from 4:25

Well spotted bro, you do know that we have many of these Russian AKMs from old USSR stocks that were left behind in Afghanistan.Kudos bro

Recycling old previously posted pics Hazrat :lol: just chill

I talked to an Army officer he told me that this is around half a kg heavier than other ones. And it was pretty obvious it was going to be as it is mainly steal.
bara weight hai bhai.... :D .....main issue with g3 was jamming at low temps....apart from that for battle groups, its a fine weapon....

@Zarvan
this might be an interesting watch for you and those who thought 308 had a recoil :D Watch at 1:00mins & onwards

Back
Top Bottom