What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
This Article nulls and voids this 3 year old thread! Why? No clear winner and the list of participants were unknown too. Type 56 that we bash is a good weapon under the harsh circumstances and none of the new weapons were upto par except the 'Authentically Russian' made AK.
Non more so than the good Hazrat.

It takin GB to long better buy MPT from turjey clise the topic it is exausting now

Last edited:
Conclusion: No rifle passed all the tests without issues; however, the FN SCAR was the only rifle that was finalized, officially accepted, with licensed manufacturing approved.

However, since the completion of the trials, Pakistan has purchased 140,000 AK 103 rifles.

The number of SCAR rifles purchased is zero – too expensive.
For me this is the most important part of the whole article.

It's the view of one of many OEMs, so the guy wouldn't have been privy to all relevant info (same is to be said for other OEMs). That said, the outlay of $1.3 billion is pretty interesting.
Yes, that was a rather surprise to me; but if you consider the retooling, certification, parts, training etc it should have been no more than 900mil$. Not sure where the other amounts came into play with? Most of these contracts have a lot of kickbacks added in of 20% or more.

As expected, the Pakistan Punjab Rangers have the AK-103 already in service, would be interesting to what will be the Future role of The G-3 and Chinese Type-56 ?
I think we will see both these reliable rifles in service for the foreseeable future, after all they are both far better than the third rate sorry fourth rate INSAS which even the Nepalis refused free of charge and even the Yank confirmed the reliability of type 56 (despite the rantings of a certain Hazrat):lol:.Kudos bro

I think we will see both these reliable rifles in service for the foreseeable future, after all they are both far better than the third rate sorry fourth rate INSAS which even the Nepalis refused free of charge and even the Yank confirmed the reliability of type 56 (despite the rantings of a certain Hazrat):lol:.Kudos bro
Older rifles can be sold off as surplus or converted into semi-automatic and sold off; there is a huge market for semi-automatics. For newer ones, a limited production line for g3s can still be maintained.
I have 303 rounds in safe from Wah; i was having a bit of a challenge getting PMP (pretoria metal press) rounds locally and shop had very good price on Wah; to my surprise it was from your country.

Aaahhh so rumors from latin american militaries were true the gun does misfire by itself as can be seen in the video.
wah ji wah you do realise you have challenged the levels of our hazrat @Zarvan :partay::partay::partay::partay::partay:

interesting!

This Article nulls and voids this 3 year old thread! Why? No clear winner and the list of participants were unknown too. Type 56 that we bash is a good weapon under the harsh circumstances and none of the new weapons were upto par except the 'Authentically Russian' made AK.

Back
Top Bottom