What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Older rifles can be sold off as surplus or converted into semi-automatic and sold off; there is a huge market for semi-automatics. For newer ones, a limited production line for g3s can still be maintained.
I have 303 rounds in safe from Wah; i was having a bit of a challenge getting PMP (pretoria metal press) rounds locally and shop had very good price on Wah; to my surprise it was from your country.
I am sure their would be a large market in the US for our surplus rifles, the POF MP5s are doing quite well over their from what I have heard.BTW hope the ammo from Wah served it's purpose;).Kudos Sir

I am sure their would be a large market in the US for our surplus rifles, the POF MP5s are doing quite well over their from what I have heard.BTW hope the ammo from Wah served it's purpose;).Kudos Sir
Yes, it works well. no issues - standard ball rounds. Have taken a few impalas down with it - No 4 MkII.

No one has picked up on the brutal testing regime employed by the services that even surpasses the yanks in testing the weapon system. But then again we recently learned about the harsh testing of T129.

It does make sense why Poland has entered the game because despite what we believe there's no clear winner:partay::partay: and that can due to the brutally harsh tests Pakistan employed. On the other hand it is a very good test especially if you are going to fork out an absolute fortune on it.

Aaahhh so rumors from latin american militaries were true the gun does misfire by itself as can be seen in the video.
no rifle was the best in trials :partay::partay:. some did good in certain scenarios while failed in other scenarios. Honestly Russian AK was the best in trials. But thats calibre specific. 7.62x51 is the real challenge everyone is not doing well in!

No one has picked up on the brutal testing regime employed by the services that even surpasses the yanks in testing the weapon system. But then again we recently learned about the harsh testing of T129.

It does make sense why Poland has entered the game because despite what we believe there's no clear winner:partay::partay: and that can due to the brutally harsh tests Pakistan employed. On the other hand it is a very good test especially if you are going to fork out an absolute fortune on it.

no rifle was the best in trials :partay::partay:. some did good in certain scenarios while failed in other scenarios. Honestly Russian AK was the best in trials. But thats calibre specific. 7.62x51 is the real challenge everyone is not doing well in!
We used to come across cache in Rhodesia border or even on northern Nambia; these Aks' had been buried as is and sometimes were 2-3 years in the dirt/rain/mud; sometimes even their butts were completed ruined; on the range to see if they worked, I saw NONE that ever jammed when fired voetstoet - 'as is' in english.

I think we will see both these reliable rifles in service for the foreseeable future, after all they are both far better than the third rate sorry fourth rate INSAS which even the Nepalis refused free of charge and even the Yank confirmed the reliability of type 56 (despite the rantings of a certain Hazrat):lol:.Kudos bro

600000 men, from that fighting force, could be 500000: 130000 Ak-103 means 13:5=2,6 so 2-3 Ak-103 in one section.

I think the section level would look in the future like this: One men with RPG(sidearm could be Type-56 submachine gun), than the RPG-ammunition carrier equipped with Type-56 submachine gun, then the MG-3 carrier, then the MG-3 ammunition carrier who is equipped with a Type-56 submachine gun, Sniper or Marksman equipped with Steyr SSG 69, than the Radio communication Soldier need also the lighter Type-56 submachine gun. This are Six Soldiers till now. 6 are left, that means the three will carry the G-3 and the last three the Ak-103. This section level is a deadly combination.

@Signalian do you agree

Last edited:

nothing new man, we are following more of NATO standard requirements........you should see how they tested the Handguns.......
anyhow the main point that most have been arguing about is that no weapon is perfect, we will have to get the one which offers the best terms, modular design and something we can build upon further and that is CZ....
If I was to pick a SHTF (shit hits the fan) rifle it would be non other than AK rifle but lets accept the fact that there nothing much you can do with this weapon to add accessories......

nothing new man, we are following more of NATO standard requirements........you should see how they tested the Handguns.......
anyhow the main point that most have been arguing about is that no weapon is perfect, we will have to get the one which offers the best terms, modular design and something we can build upon further and that is CZ....
If I was to pick a SHTF (shit hits the fan) rifle it would be non other than AK rifle but lets accept the fact that there nothing much you can do with this weapon to add accessories......
I suppose, the new line of rifles being developed by AK which are being modeled with modularity in mind is something that can meet requirements but its many years away. But I think the process of exploring various vendors makes sense instead of just limiting to those OEM who turned up due to an invitation!

I suppose, the new line of rifles being developed by AK which are being modeled with modularity in mind is something that can meet requirements but its many years away. But I think the process of exploring various vendors makes sense instead of just limiting to those OEM who turned up due to an invitation!
Highlight for me was SCAR cooked off....:D
And second one was pluff mudd test where all failed but AK fired :D......you cant go wrong with Mother Russia, always takes care of you :angel:

Highlight for me was SCAR cooked off....:D
And second one was pluff mudd test where all failed but AK fired :D......you cant go wrong with Mother Russia, always takes care of you :angel:
:o: toheen of FN SCAR:butcher: Strange thing is the cook off story was revealed by that Colombian guy quite some time ago and now we have confirmation.

:o: toheen of FN SCAR:butcher: Strange thing is the cook off story was revealed by that Colombian guy quite some time ago and now we have confirmation.
even i didn't know about this story, i heard stories about all guns and Horus even shared few details....even in those there was nothing mentioned about SCAR failure......
but here is the proof....it did go off

200% - CZ would be my choice. But if I wanted absolutely foolproof/failproof I would go with AK or Galil/R4 anyday.

I'd honestly go all-in on CZ ... i.e. CZ-807 for 7.62 NATO, 7.62x39 and 5.56 NATO; CZ TSR for .308; CZ Scorpion for 9 mm; CZ P-10 for sidearm. In terms of LMG, I'd go to Denel Land Systems for the DMG-5. For an AMR, I'd go to Truvelo (South Africa).

Ask the Russians to develop a modern AK-47 variant that uses 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition. Yes, this ammunition is not common at the moment. But Americans will start using this ammunition in the near future. You guys are one step ahead of the rest.

I'd honestly go all-in on CZ ... i.e. CZ-807 for 7.62 NATO, 7.62x39 and 5.56 NATO; CZ TSR for .308; CZ Scorpion for 9 mm; CZ P-10 for sidearm. In terms of LMG, I'd go to Denel Land Systems for the DMG-5. For an AMR, I'd go to Truvelo (South Africa).
Exactly, they have a proven track record to show and back them up.....something tells me SCAR fanboyism got to our boys involved in trails......CZ is answer to our problem......

even i didn't know about this story, i heard stories about all guns and Horus even shared few details....even in those there was nothing mentioned about SCAR failure......
but here is the proof....it did go off
Yep it was a toheen in which our beloved lost his marbles shamelessly. However time has proven it to be true :partay:. I think its very difficult to build a rifle around that calibre and in that competition SCAR did ok but nothing ground breaking. Maybe polish rifles will be tested too because why not it benefits both vendor and the party testing the platform.

Back
Top Bottom