What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Beretta is not a bad rifle at all. like the SCAR it uses modern engineering and materials in it. I am happy with whatever PA chooses as long as G3 comes to end of service quickly.

Because insiders said meetings were not related to Guns and I always was FN SCAR supporter if you are following this thread from page one you would know it.
ahh it was a transformation or journey from MPT 76 to SCAR to Beretta ARX 200:agree:

Beretta is not a bad rifle at all. like the SCAR it uses modern engineering and materials in it. I am happy with whatever PA chooses as long as G3 comes to end of service quickly.

ahh it was a transformation or journey from MPT 76 to SCAR to Beretta ARX 200:agree:
I was always a SCAR supporter. I thought of MPT-76 because I thought we didn't had money for SCAR. But when I came to know about the Guns which are being tested since than I am hoping that FN SCAR wins.

He'll end up at CZ BREN.

He'll end up at CZ BREN.
I always was and will be supporter of FN SCAR. I was thinking of MPT-76 not because I like it more than FN SCAR but I thought we would never even test FN SCAR because How expensive it's but when details of Guns being tested came since that day My vote is for FN SCAR.

I always was and will be supporter of FN SCAR. I was thinking of MPT-76 not because I like it more than FN SCAR but I thought we would never even test FN SCAR because How expensive it's but when details of Guns being tested came since that day My vote is for FN SCAR.
We'll make you a fan of the Zastava

The SitRep: FNH SCAR 17s (Heavy)
by Steven Buis - Monday, July 14, 2014

SCARF.jpg

“Ten Minutes!” The crew chief yells, trying to overcome the sound of the dual rotors of the MH-47.

I tilt down my NODs and turn the switch of my PEQ15 laser to the high Infrared setting.

"Six Minutes!”

“Three Minutes!”

I bring myself to one knee. One hand on the pistol grip of my M249 SAW and one on my safety tether that is secured to the floor of the bird.

“Thirty Seconds!”

The 25 tons of flying metal sharply flares, and touches ground. I release my tether and run out into a cloud of fine Afghan sand. My platoon and I break into a dead sprint towards the known Taliban compound and surround it.

This is how most nights began for me during my deployment to Afghanistan. The adverse conditions of South Asia and high intensity of the Special Operation Mission demand an adaptable, and lightweight weapon system. Although I am a huge fan the M16 family of rifles and carbines, especially the SOPMOD M4A1 Carbine, sometimes the mission requires more.

That’s where the SCAR Heavy comes in to play.

The SCAR (Special Operation Forces Combat Assault Rifle) was developed by Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) in response to the U.S. Army’s interest in fielding a modular, reliable, and lightweight weapon system chambered in 7.62x51 mm NATO and 5.56x45 mm NATO. The result is a gun that meets all those expectations. FNH ultimately placed two models in production: The SCAR Mk16 (5.56 x 45 mm) better known as the SCAR-L (Light) and the SCAR Mk17 (7.62x51 mm), SCAR-H (Heavy). After field testing both models, the Army decided to drop the SCAR-L program. FNH subsequently developed a conversion kit that, in less than five minutes, converts the Heavy to 5.56x45mm. The upper receiver and buttstock are the main common components between the two calibers.

Soon after the military began fielding it in limited numbers with select units, FNH introduced two commercial semi-automatic versions of the SCAR for civilian sales: the SCAR 16S in 5.56x45mm and the SCAR 17s in 7.61x51 mm.

So what are the differences between the military SCAR Mk 17 and the civilian SCAR 17s?

Well, they are few in number, and that is one of my favorite aspects of this weapon system. The most noticeable difference is that the Mk17 is select fire while the SCAR 17s is semi-automatic only. The Mk17 offers three barrels-13”/16”/20”-whereas the 17s offers only a 16.25” from the factory. Beyond that, when you unpack a SCAR 17s from its shipping container you are holding a rifle that is almost identical to the one that Special Operations troops carry on combat missions in Afghanistan.

Weighing in at an evenly distributed 8 lbs., the SCAR 17s comes standard with a collapsible and folding stock with an adjustable cheek riser, 360 degree MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny rail, folding front and rear iron sights, ambidextrous selector and magazine release. The reciprocating charging handle is ambidextrous and can be moved from one side of the receiver to the other with ease. It can also be used as a forward assist in the event that bolt fails to go into battery fully.

The SCAR 17s is outfitted with a 16.25” barrel with 1:12" twist rate. This is not just your run-of-the-mill barrel, but rather one that is chrome-lined, cold-hammer-forged, and free floating. The barrel is held in place by six small screws that can be quickly removed to replace a barrel length specific to mission requirements. Though the 17s only comes with the 16.25”, other barrel lengths are becoming available to the civilian market. The SCAR 17s’ barrel comes outfitted with a PWS FSC30 muzzle break.

So what makes the SCAR tick?

First of all, it utilizes a short-stroke piston housed in the gas block. The bolt carrier extends above the barrel and contacts the gas block. When the gun is fired, a small piston housed within the gas block rapidly strikes the face of the bolt carrier. The shooter has the ability to operate in two gas settings by the flip of the gas regulator located on the gas block. The 12 o’clock position is used for unsuppressed firing and the 10 o’clock position for suppressed. Similar to any M16 variant the SCAR uses a six-lug, rotating, and locking bolt.

So what does the SCAR Heavy have to offer both the operator and the civilian shooter?

First and foremost-7.62x51 mm. Whether you are a hunter going after a 300-lb. pig in Georgia, or a military member fighting the Global War on Terror, the 7.62 NATO cartridge provides sufficient energy to engage targets at 800 meters and beyond.

For me, practical ergonomic characteristics are critical to the success of a firearm’s design and very often 7.62 mm rifles come up a bit short in that category. With this system, however, the safety selector, magazine release, and charging handle are conveniently located, the buttstock is stoutly built and comfortable, and the weight is evenly distributed across the length of the rifle. One shortcoming relating to practical ergonomics is the SCAR's short rail system, which leaves a large amount of exposed barrel. For many, this is not an issue. For me, I prefer to be able to extend my hand farther out, supporting 70 percent of the rifle’s weight with my off hand and 30 percent with my shooting hand.

How versatile is the SCAR-H?

While serving in the Army, I saw it being used in various capacities. Everything from snipers using it as a long range precision gun, to Assistant Gunners carrying the SCAR to have caliber compatibility with the M240. Often team leaders carried the SCAR-H with the 5.56 mm conversion kit installed outfitted with the 10” barrel to have a compact gun that does not interfere with detaining terrorist. Due to confined cabins, I preferred using the 5.56 mm SCAR-H when part of an Armored Personnel Carrier crew.

Whether you are hunting, long-range shooting, competing or using it as a go gun, it is going to perform appropriately.

The SCAR-H has been on the market for a few years now. Due to its popularity, a wide variety of aftermarket parts and accessories are being produced. Although little is needed to improve the SCAR, there are a few modifications that would make it the ultimate system. For one, adding an extended rail. Some of the companies to note include FNH, Midwest Industries, Vltor, and PWS (Primary Weapons Systems). Most extended rails on the market are priced under $250.

The stock trigger is perfectly acceptable for a combat battle rifle trigger. That being said, if you intend to use the SCAR-H for precision shooting or hunting a lighter crisper trigger should be a consideration. The Geissele’s 2-stage Super SCAR trigger and the Timney SCAR trigger are both high in quality and are priced in the mid-$300 range.

So is the SCAR-H perfect? No. It is however, lightweight, modular, reliable and accurate. It’s comfortable to carry and shoot, and compact if needed. It disassembles with ease and requires little cleaning after being shot.

With the SCAR, it is only beginning of an evolutionary cycle. Over next decade, we are going to see that this system is a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2014/7/14/the-sitrep-fnh-scar-17s-heavy/

The NEW Beretta ARX 200 7.62mm Designated Marksmen Rifle
Posted September 16, 2015 in Rifles by REMOV with 60 Comments

ARX200_02-660x495.jpg

Italian company Beretta Defense Technologies unveiled at DSEI military exhibition in London new ARX 200 rifle in calibre 7.62×51 mm NATO.

ADVERTISEMENT

magazine and length is: 730 mm with folded stock; 890 mm with collapsed stock; and 1000 mm with extended stock.

In 2014 the Italian Ministry of Defence allocated USD2.7 million to Beretta for the development of the new battle rifle. The Italian Armed Forces has announced a possible requirement for 1,170 rifles named ARX 200 chambered in 7.62×51 mm NATO cartridge.

ARX200_01.jpg

The Italians are planning to introduce two variants of ARX 200: a fixed stock designated marksman rifle (DMR) and foldable and telescopic stock battle rifle; both capable of semi-automatic and automatic fire. The new rifle is planned to fill the gap in Italian infantry armament between the 5.56 mm assault rifle and large calibre bolt-action sniper rifles, based on combat experiences in Afghanistan.

The Beretta ARX 200 DMR is to be equipped with a computerised Intelligent Combat Sight (ICS) developed by Steiner Optics (a subsidiary of Beretta Defense Technologies), which integrates a laserrangefinder, an inclinometer, and a ballistic calculator into a compact 6×40 optics.

The battle rifle is equipped with interface for the Beretta GLX 160 grenade launcher chambered in 40×46 mm NATO ammunition, a foldable telescopic stock with adjustable cheek rest, shock absorber back plate and four fixed sling attachments.

Italy has ordered four hundred ARX 200 battle rifles for trials and evaluation. The Italian Armed Forces be also testing how to introduce an battle rifle into small infantry units. Possibly 2-3 designated marksman rifle and battle rifles are planned to be at squad level. It is expected the first batch of ARX 200s be delivered to the end of 2015.

ARX200_03.jpg

The Beretta ARX 200 rifle features fully ambidextrous and oversized controls includes bolt catch lever, magazine release button and fire selector. Unlike its predecessor, the 7.62 mm battle rifle is not designed to change which side shells are ejected. However the cocking handle remained reversible and can be switched from right to left side of upper receiver.

The ARX 200 is equipped with a quick-change free floating cold hammer forged barrel which can be removed and replaced in a minute using one wrench. The barrel locking bolt is located in front ofmagazine well. The Beretta informs the ARX 200 accuracy is 1.5 MOA with 5 shots at 100 meters. The 406-mm (16 inch) long barrel (excluded flash hider) has four right-hand grooves and 279 mm (11 inch) twist rate.

The monolithic upper receiver with long Picatinny rain on top is made of polymer reinforced by steel parts, including internal rails for a weapon boltcarrier. The polymer lower receiver is equipped with modular magazine well for new Beretta 20-round polymer magazine or with adapter for M110/SR-25magazines. The ARX 200 is easy to convert to Russian 7.62×39 mm and 5.45×45 mm NATO ammunition.

The Beretta ARX 200 has passed following military and environmental tests: cold and hot temperature; temperature and humidity; ice; salt fog; heavy rain; salt water; sand and dust; mud; unlubricated; double feeding proof; and barrel obstruction proof.

UPDATE: Steve says: Our friends at Ares Armamenthave also blogged about this rifle, read more here.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tta-arx-200-7-62mm-designated-marksmen-rifle/

@Sulman Badshah @Tipu7

The NEW Beretta ARX 200 7.62mm Designated Marksmen Rifle
Posted September 16, 2015 in Rifles by REMOV with 60 Comments

ARX200_02-660x495.jpg

Italian company Beretta Defense Technologies unveiled at DSEI military exhibition in London new ARX 200 rifle in calibre 7.62×51 mm NATO.

ADVERTISEMENT

magazine and length is: 730 mm with folded stock; 890 mm with collapsed stock; and 1000 mm with extended stock.

In 2014 the Italian Ministry of Defence allocated USD2.7 million to Beretta for the development of the new battle rifle. The Italian Armed Forces has announced a possible requirement for 1,170 rifles named ARX 200 chambered in 7.62×51 mm NATO cartridge.

ARX200_01.jpg

The Italians are planning to introduce two variants of ARX 200: a fixed stock designated marksman rifle (DMR) and foldable and telescopic stock battle rifle; both capable of semi-automatic and automatic fire. The new rifle is planned to fill the gap in Italian infantry armament between the 5.56 mm assault rifle and large calibre bolt-action sniper rifles, based on combat experiences in Afghanistan.

The Beretta ARX 200 DMR is to be equipped with a computerised Intelligent Combat Sight (ICS) developed by Steiner Optics (a subsidiary of Beretta Defense Technologies), which integrates a laserrangefinder, an inclinometer, and a ballistic calculator into a compact 6×40 optics.

The battle rifle is equipped with interface for the Beretta GLX 160 grenade launcher chambered in 40×46 mm NATO ammunition, a foldable telescopic stock with adjustable cheek rest, shock absorber back plate and four fixed sling attachments.

Italy has ordered four hundred ARX 200 battle rifles for trials and evaluation. The Italian Armed Forces be also testing how to introduce an battle rifle into small infantry units. Possibly 2-3 designated marksman rifle and battle rifles are planned to be at squad level. It is expected the first batch of ARX 200s be delivered to the end of 2015.

ARX200_03.jpg

The Beretta ARX 200 rifle features fully ambidextrous and oversized controls includes bolt catch lever, magazine release button and fire selector. Unlike its predecessor, the 7.62 mm battle rifle is not designed to change which side shells are ejected. However the cocking handle remained reversible and can be switched from right to left side of upper receiver.

The ARX 200 is equipped with a quick-change free floating cold hammer forged barrel which can be removed and replaced in a minute using one wrench. The barrel locking bolt is located in front ofmagazine well. The Beretta informs the ARX 200 accuracy is 1.5 MOA with 5 shots at 100 meters. The 406-mm (16 inch) long barrel (excluded flash hider) has four right-hand grooves and 279 mm (11 inch) twist rate.

The monolithic upper receiver with long Picatinny rain on top is made of polymer reinforced by steel parts, including internal rails for a weapon boltcarrier. The polymer lower receiver is equipped with modular magazine well for new Beretta 20-round polymer magazine or with adapter for M110/SR-25magazines. The ARX 200 is easy to convert to Russian 7.62×39 mm and 5.45×45 mm NATO ammunition.

The Beretta ARX 200 has passed following military and environmental tests: cold and hot temperature; temperature and humidity; ice; salt fog; heavy rain; salt water; sand and dust; mud; unlubricated; double feeding proof; and barrel obstruction proof.

UPDATE: Steve says: Our friends at Ares Armamenthave also blogged about this rifle, read more here.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tta-arx-200-7-62mm-designated-marksmen-rifle/

@Sulman Badshah @Tipu7
Zarvan I sense there may be a heavy lean towards Beretta due to the fact that Steiner Optics can also be procured as it is owned by Beretta and the modularity of making it a 7.62x39 by changing few things on the rifle that SCAR currently is not offering:azn:. I wonder if CZ BREN would offer any deal on MEOPTA products?:azn:

Zarvan I sense there may be a heavy lean towards Beretta due to the fact that Steiner Optics can also be procured as it is owned by Beretta and the modularity of making it a 7.62x39 by changing few things on the rifle that SCAR currently is not offering:azn:. I wonder if CZ BREN would offer any deal on MEOPTA products?:azn:
Optics can be bought from Turkey and other countries. FN SCAR is way to good Gun and can't be rejected just for optics

Optics can be bought from Turkey and other countries. FN SCAR is way to good Gun and can't be rejected just for optics
but you cannot turn down Steiner the master optic maker! plus we need to see a SCAR vs Beretta ARX 200 as well.

but you cannot turn down Steiner the master optic maker! plus we need to see a SCAR vs Beretta ARX 200 as well.
We can seperately by Binoculars but FN SCAR is great great Gun and would be difficult for Berreta to beat in trials.

CZ-805 BREN A2

06/24/2014 - EUROSATORY 2014: Česká Zbrojovka A.S. showcased the CZ-805 BREN A2 5.56x45mm small-sized assault rifle at the Paris homeland defence trade show

New
Pierangelo Tendas

Article also available in other languages

Czech-based CZ - Česká Zbrojovka A.S. − one of Europe's biggest and most important firearms manufacturers − revolutioned its ageing military products line in 2009 with the launch of the 5.56x45mm NATO caliber CZ-805 BREN weapon system. Following a lenghty research-and-development phase and a series of trial tests that saw it matching against the Belgian-made FN SCAR-L, the CZ-805 BREN system was adopted as the new standard infantry rifle by the Czech Armed Forces, replacing the 7.62x39mm caliber Vz.58; the system is now under trial test in Slovakia as well, and has been exported in smaller but nonetheless notable quantities to other military and Police special operations customers worldwide.

The CZ-805 BREN A2 small-sized assault rifle will accept a proprietary undercarried grenade launcher and can be made to feed through STANAG 4179 magazines
The CZ-805 BREN weapon system is built around a reinforced polymer lower receiver with totally ambidextrous controls, and a machined lightweight aluminium alloy upper receiver sporting a full-lenght top MIL-STD-1913 "Picatinny" rail and several rail portons on the handguard, as well as key components such as a reversible cocking handle and a piston-drive, indirect gas impingment system with front regulation valve. The CZ-805 BREN weapon system is compatible with a wide array of factory-issue or third-party optical gunsights, flip-up iron sights and other tactical accessories, it may come with either a standard side-folding stock or a "tactical" folding and adjustable stock with integrated cheekpiece, and will fit CZ's own G805 single-shot, reloadable, undercarried 40x46mm-SR grenade launcher − which, in turn, can also be converted to serve as a stand-alone weapon through the attachment of a stock and pistol grip assembly.

The CZ-805-BREN-A2 is a compact version (277mm barrel) of the hereby pictured, full-sized CZ-805-BREN-A1 assault rifle
According to informations released by the Company itself, other variants are cooking in the oven at Uherský Brod, including improved versions of the system and semi-automatic, civilian-grade models. At the meanwhile, the members of the specialized press, of the industry and of the defense sector gathered at the nord Villepinte exhibitions and convention center in Paris (France) from June 16th to 20th to attend to the 2014 edition of the EUROSATORY defense expo could see and handle by themselves theCZ-805 BREN A2 assault carbine variant of the system, sporting a 277mm-long, chrome-lined barrel with six right-handed helical grooves and a 1:7" twist rate.

A select-fire carbine, sporting a 700/800 RPM cyclic rate, the CZ-805 BREN A2 carbine is 585mm long with the stock folded and 780mm long with the stock unfolded and fully extended; its overall weight tops 3.41kg when fully loaded.

The most important feature of the CZ-805 BREN A2 assault carbine − and of the entire CZ-805 BREN weapon system altogether − is the feeding system modularity; the interchangeable magazine well will allow the use of proprietary translucent polymer magazines as well as Heckler & Koch G36 magazines and STANG 4179 (AR-15/M16/M4 type) magazines of any make, model, and material.

The replacement of the barrel and bolt group will also allow caliber interchangeability: the CZ-805 BREN system is planned to be compatible with the 6.8x43mm SPC caliber − feeding through STANAG magazines − and with the 7.62x39mm M43 former ComBloc round, which should be able to feed from proprietary translucent polymer magazines, from AK/AKM magazines or from Vz.58 magazines, depending from the magazine well.

CZ 805 Bren Ceska Zbrojovka Assault Rifle
0 Army

The CZ 805 Bren assault rifle was first is available in two versions. The first version is CZ 805 BREN A1 has barrel length of 360 mm while carbine version is called CZ 805 BREN A2 and it has a shorter barrel length of 277 mm.

Czech Republic Minister of Defence Alexandr Vondra checks the CZ 805 Bren Ceska Zbrojovka Assault Rifle.

The CZ 805 Bren assault rifle uses 5.56x45 mm NATO cartridge but its modular design allows it to change barrels for different calibre including 7.62x39 mm and 6.8x43 mm.

The CZ 805 can be equipped with a folding mechanical sight and it has range of 400m to 500m depending upon the length of the barrel.

cz-bren-805.jpg

CZ BREN 805
Over the past several years, there has been an ongoing…
DEC 12, 2011
BY CHRISTIAN SHEPHERD

Over the past several years, there has been an ongoing trend of modernization among many of the world’s leading military forces. This trend has primarily been driven by the great strides in military technology in the fields of digital computers, networked communications and imaging. Firearms manufacturers have been working closely with military forces to produce new, lightweight and modular small arms that can accommodate the myriad of available optical sights, night vision, thermal imagers, laser targeting devices and other accessories. Modular design principles allow these next-generation small arms to adapt to different roles by easily changing components such as barrels and stocks. Another ongoing part of the modernization trend is that many nations in Eastern Europe have been transforming their defense establishment away from the old Soviet system and have now adopted NATO standards, as they leave the former Warsaw Pact and join NATO.

Get This Issue Now

The G1 grenade launcher can safely fire a wide variety of modern grenades. Operator Photos Courtesy Czech Republic Mod.

Next-Gen BREN
The armed forces of the Czech Republic, along with legendary Czech arms company Ceská Zbrojovka, have been working together to produce the next-generation infantry rifle and a companion grenade launcher for their country. Ceská Zbrojovka, better known by the initials CZ to readers in the United States, celebrated its 75-year anniversary in 2011. CZ was founded in 1936 and was largely oriented toward military small arms production.

The BREN’s upper receiver is equipped with Mil-Std-1913 mounting rails and can accommodate a full spectrum of optical sights and sighting accessories. Weapon Photos Courtesy Ceská Zbrojovka.

Today, CZ is also well known for its civilian products that are geared toward both competition and hunting. The company became famous for its CZ 75 pistol and other notable products like the CZ 61 Skorpion submachine gun. The result of the collaboration between the Czech defense establishment and CZ is the CZ 805 BREN modular assault rifle and CZ 805 G1 grenade launcher.

Tactical change-up! The CZ 805 BREN is replacing the legacy 7.62x39mm Sa Vz. 58 assault rifle, which has been used by Czech soldiers for more than 50 years. Operator Photos Courtesy Czech Republic Mod.

Back
Top Bottom