What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I'd go for the Turkish (if it passes tests).. Reason ... It would be more affordable than getting from our old HK buddies... Besides Turkiye is out trusted brotherly nation... Good to see the increasing defence cooperation with a em..

A lot of great things coming out of it!

brother you are thinking as a Professional :D
i say choose this , as this rifle looks more cool :D

bas yaar @DESERT FIGHTER mai jab bhi punjab Aya , ap se milne ao ga :D
ek do selfie tu le hi len gay :D full commando style :)

It is authentic Sir Army chief also told this in the speech he gave at Lahore and the letter is official. A Major General is head of that board which would evaluate these Guns
Post a transcript of speech, please.

you have the right to opinion, but I had it confirmed too.....the letter is authentic
How did you confirm it, out of curiosity?

To be fair we're at a stage now where we don't even know the actual value of Pakistan's submarine deal with China. It generally seems like the Pakistan military's been quiet on its acquisitions, even the major ones.
Yes, but generally, there are signs and hints that show.

You wont see it because i had it removed because some kid took the picture of it from his dads office.Its real alright because you will not find it on the internet . It exists on a different platform called the OAS.
Okay, but I'm still skeptical. A single unconfirmed unauthenticated picture, I have my doubts.

pakistan didn't use any most modern product of FN or H&K. SCAR is a JV, for importing SCAR you need uncle sam's (USA) permission. because they are the original manufacturer. remember US once refuse to give sniper rifle to pakistan army. '
Utah gun company says 'no' to $10 million contract from Pakistan | Deseret News.
It wasn't the US gov that refused, this was a tender, and the gun manufacturer was a private company. In fact, it was actually Pakistan that rejected them. They simply tried to play it off, and try to score points, but were caught lying when Pakistan showed evidence that they simply lost to other competitors.

Pakistan refutes Utah gun maker’s claim on rifles contract - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Last edited:
Post a transcript of speech, please.

How did you confirm it, out of curiosity?

Yes, but generally, there are signs and hints that show.

Okay, but I'm still skeptical. A single unconfirmed unauthenticated picture, I have my doubts.

It wasn't the US gov that refused, this was a tender, and the gun manufacturer was a private company. In fact, it was actually Pakistan that rejected them. They simply tried to play it off, and try to score points, but were caught lying when Pakistan showed evidence that they simply lost to other competitors.

Pakistan refutes Utah gun maker’s claim on rifles contract - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
I think a shift in assault rifles will have to happen eventually, but given the scale and costs involved, it'll probably be a very slow and gradual process, possibly generational. As modern warfare becomes more complex, the need to educate soldiers on technology, concepts and even culture (e.g. focus on fitness) will grow. The Army would be much better off phasing the older assault rifles with the soldiers themselves, i.e. new troops use new weapons, but the old weapons go with the retiring personnel.

I think a shift in assault rifles will have to happen eventually, but given the scale and costs involved, it'll probably be a very slow and gradual process, possibly generational. As modern warfare becomes more complex, the need to educate soldiers on technology, concepts and even culture (e.g. focus on fitness) will grow. The Army would be much better off phasing the older assault rifles with the soldiers themselves, i.e. new troops use new weapons, but the old weapons go with the retiring personnel.
The process has begun and it will take 5 to 8 years. I mean whole Army will be equipped with new Gun in next 5 to 8 years.

@StArk 13 Sir G comment here @Tipu7

What weapons ?

10313828_10152794102297663_3389687425066996497_n.jpg

The MPT-76's gas piston system is identical to that of the HK-417, so performance wise there shouldnt be much of a difference. We would probably even allow License production of the rifle. I might say this because i am Turkish but the MPT-76 seems like the logical choice considering its extremely cheap yet has great performance.

The Turkish MPT-76 is essentialy a modified HK-417 clone. Its uses the ergonomics and design based on the AR-10/15 and has the same copied gas piston system of the HK-417 with the iron frontal sight of the SCAR.

The MPT-76's gas piston system is identical to that of the HK-417, so performance wise there shouldnt be much of a difference. We would probably even allow License production of the rifle. I might say this because i am Turkish but the MPT-76 seems like the logical choice considering its extremely cheap yet has great performance.

The Turkish MPT-76 is essentialy a modified HK-417 clone. Its uses the ergonomics and design based on the AR-10/15 and has the same copied gas piston system of the HK-417 with the iron frontal sight of the SCAR.
Sir our security is involved here so no compromise. All major Guns from all over the world will be tested and the one which performs best will be selected.

Sir our security is involved here so no compromise. All major Guns from all over the world will be tested and the one which performs best will be selected.

I have seen alot of opinions favoring the HK-417 which is an extremely good reliable weapon and replacement for the G-3. However i am just suggesting that MPT-76 is identical since its essentially a modified HK-417 clone, so there is a logical alternative :) .

I have seen alot of opinions favoring the HK-417 which is an extremely good reliable weapon and replacement for the G-3. However i am just suggesting that MPT-76 is identical since its essentially a modified HK-417 clone, so there is a logical alternative :) .
Yes we would have no issue going for MPT-76 if it passes tests. Turkey has enough cold weather to test MPT-76, real test in Pakistan will be in our Deserts.

Yes we would have no issue going for MPT-76 if it passes tests. Turkey has enough cold weather to test MPT-76, real test in Pakistan will be in our Deserts.
Siachin is frozen hell... It's above anything the Turks have to endure... There even G-3 was prone to jamming... Apart from desert .. We also have swamps,marshes,etx..

So let's see what's the outcome.

i am really happy with the G3 and if we really want new Gun then we should develop it. I don't get what is the benefits these new platforms are giving us.

Instead of trying to look for another country's guns, we should try to develop our own that suits our terrain and environment. It would take time but in the end it would be worth it.

pakistan didn't use any most modern product of FN or H&K. SCAR is a JV, for importing SCAR you need uncle sam's (USA) permission. because they are the original manufacturer. remember US once refuse to give sniper rifle to pakistan army. '
Utah gun company says 'no' to $10 million contract from Pakistan | Deseret News

that is a marksman rifle.

Cup cake .. FN2000,P90,FN Mini,FN handguns are used by Pak SF's... And even SCAR which is used by ATF Islamabad... Fuk even FB MAG's.

P.S: that shit manufacturing private company was never even selected .. Hence more drama for publicity (link provided by another member).

As it is now fully confirmed that Pakistan has decided to replace G3 with a new standard weapon. For this a board of Army officers led by a Major General will evaluate all major Guns used by leading militaries in the world and one of them will be chosen for Pakistan so it's time to discuss potential candidates and their features.
By the way MPT-76 are first to come for evaluation.
@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch @balixd @Icarus @kaonalpha @syedali73 @Sulman Badshah @Wolfhound @nair @SpArK @GURU DUTT @Imran Khan @Arsalan @RescueRanger @Bratva @Slav Defence @ajpirzada @DESERT FIGHTER @

@XYON what's the fuss my man ?

Back
Top Bottom