What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
2aa0cf2c-9c18-40f1-9aa7-cb567328ba27.jpg

The ST9 looks good, the B6 is so ugly, I'm not going to include it's picture in my post.

Glocks are in no way "Good".
They're cheap and they work, thus it's popularity. But it's designed like a brick and feels absolutely like a toy gun.
Its still one of the most reliable weapons out there and still in the top 10.

r_3642-2.jpg

Slightly better looking than the Glock, but still ugly.
The Glock as I said are only "Good" because of their cheapness and the fact it works most of the time.
Honestly, the Glock has to be the ugliest and the most over-rated gun on the planet.
I don't really chose guns by how they look. Glock is simple and works. No bullshit with a thumb safety.
B6 is a polymer clone of a CZ75. And who told you glocks are cheap? It's much more expensive than a B6.
Plus Glock is striker fired, so much better for CQC.

r_3642-2.jpg

Slightly better looking than the Glock, but still ugly.
The Glock as I said are only "Good" because of their cheapness and the fact it works most of the time.
Honestly, the Glock has to be the ugliest and the most over-rated gun on the planet.
Glock gen 4 had some major changes. Including grips, We should have went for TP-9SA or ST-9 instead if we just believed in looks both the ST-9 and B-6 have almost the same specs and precision.

@Zarvan, I thought we had you here to answer tiny queries like these???
let me do it this time----
mr.hkdas, do you consider FN P90 or FN F2000 a modern weapon by any standard??

FN SCAR is manufactured in US.

B6 is a polymer clone of a CZ75. And who told you glocks are cheap? It's much more expensive than a B6.
By cheap I mean it's proper price, not the Pakistani inflated price.
A Glock costs what? Like 300-400 USD?
Over here It'll be hard to find one under 350,000 Rupees.

Glock gen 4 had some major changes. Including grips, We should have went for TP-9SA or ST-9 instead if we just believed in looks both the ST-9 and B-6 have almost the same specs and precision.
Gen 4 comes with three sets of grips :P
Mana that it's initial batches had problems due to the new recoil spring assembly, but those were fixed too.
We should also consider Sig P226 DAK. Thing is built like a tank.

By cheap I mean it's proper price, not the Pakistani inflated price.
A Glock costs what? Like 300-400 USD?
Over here It'll be hard to find one under 350,000 Rupees.
In USA, SAR B6 goes for under $300,
Gen 4 Glock 17 is around $550-650 new.

Pakistan should adopt XS big dots on all our Pistols.
026.jpg

Gen 4 comes with three sets of grips :P
Mana that it's initial batches had problems due to the new recoil spring assembly, but those were fixed too.
We should also consider Sig P226 DAK. Thing is built like a tank.
We can't now. The army has already chosen the B-6 as its new side arm and even that was over 2 years ago

It is a joint venture both Belgium and USA produce it. On paper it's the best option let see what happens during tests

test conducted by US army shows, that weapons is pretty impressive. but SCAR is too expensive rifle for infantry unit.

I'm surprised because it seemed like they wanted to upgrade the G3 and continue with it for at least another decade.

As it is now fully confirmed that Pakistan has decided to replace G3 with a new standard weapon. For this a board of Army officers led by a Major General will evaluate all major Guns used by leading militaries in the world and one of them will be chosen for Pakistan so it's time to discuss potential candidates and their features.
By the way MPT-76 are first to come for evaluation.
@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch @balixd @Icarus @kaonalpha @syedali73 @Sulman Badshah @Wolfhound @nair @SpArK @GURU DUTT @Imran Khan @Arsalan @RescueRanger @Bratva @Slav Defence @ajpirzada @DESERT FIGHTER @

We need an indigenous made gun; we cant be dependant. A ToT from an allied country would be nice; like how Israel gave ToT of Tavor to India.

test conducted by US army shows, that weapons is pretty impressive. but SCAR is too expensive rifle for infantry unit.

Some of our police already has them.

We need an indigenous made gun; we cant be dependant. A ToT from an allied country would be nice; like how Israel gave ToT of Tavor to India.

Some of our police already has them.
We will get new Gun with TOT

I'm surprised because it seemed like they wanted to upgrade the G3 and continue with it for at least another decade.
The point is that you need some time (decade) to chose, produce and completly replace the G3 with domestic production. In that decede your army will have to survive with the upgraded G3

Back
Top Bottom