What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Need a fire arm that accepts both 5.56 and 7.62 barrels because realistically you need both in a platoon for best results.
This is exactly what must be done, the 7.62 should be used as the standard weapon and the 5.56 carbines should be used for special opps, CQB and should also be used to phase out all submachine guns. This is being done all around the world as 9mm caliber is not as effective as it used to be because of new protection systems(bulletproof vests,etc)

MSBS Radon assault rifle (Poland)

MSBS Radon assault rifles, Radon-B (bullpup) top and Radon-K (standard) bottom
Photo: Leszek Erenfeicht, STRZAL gun magazine (Poland)

MSBS Radon assault rifles, Radon-B (bullpup) top and Radon-K (standard) bottom

MSBS Radon-B (bullpup) rifle, partially disassembled

MSBS Radon-K (standard) rifle, partially disassembled

MSBS-K

MSBS-B

Caliber

5.56x45 NATO

Action

Gas operated

Length, mm

900 / 670

Barrel length, mm

Weight, kg

Rate of fire, rounds/minute

Magazine capacity, rounds

MSBS Radon modular weapon system is an indigenous development of Polish Military Technical Academy (Wojskowa Akademia Techniczna) and Fabryka Broni „Lucznik” – Radom weapons factory. MSBS stands for “Modułowy Systema Broni Strzeleckiej” – modular small arms system. It is scheduled to enter initial production for Polish army trials late in 2014. As of now, MSBS system consist only of two weapons - MSBS-5.56B Radon-B bullpup assault rifle, intended for Special Forces, and MSBS-5.56K Radon-K standard configuration rifle intended for infantry and other units. Future versions of the MSBS also may include heavy barreled Designated Marksmen rifle and Squad Support Weapon (light machine gun).

The backbone of MSBS system is an inverted U-shaped receiver, made from aluminum alloy. This receiver, along with bolt group, return spring, barrel and gas system are common for both current versions of MSBS rifles.
MSBS is operated using short stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and its gas system has manual gas regulator. Breech lock is achieved by a conventional rotary bolt with seven radial lugs that lock into the barrel extension. Ejection windows are made on both sides of the receiver, and weapon can be set up to eject to either side; this requires partial disassembly of the gun and installation of the ejection port cover on the side opposite the “active” ejection window. Non-reciprocating charging handles are located on both sides of the receiver.

Polymer stocks are made integral with magazine and trigger unit housings (pistol grips are separate Ar15/M16-compatible parts), and available in two versions – standard (with side-folding, telescoping shoulder stock) and bullpup (with fixed buttplate). Both versions feature ambidextrous safety / fire mode selectors located at the top of the pistol grip, and ambidextrous magazine release buttons located in front of the trigger guard. Bolt stop release buttons are located on the underside of the stock, behind the magazine housing. Both stock versions are interchangeable and attach to receiver using cross-pins. Polymer forends also interchangeable. MSBS rifles are fed from STANAG-compatible (M16-type) magazines. Sighting equipment is installed using Picatinny rail at the top of the receiver. Both MSBS-5.56B Radon-B bullpup and MSBS-5.56K Radon-K standard rifle can mount proprietary knife-bayonet (above the barrel) and specially designed 40mm grenade launcher (below the barrel).
This is an effective weapon, but we dont have intentions of fully changing into 5.56 and it would be better if it had a 7.62 version as well. BTW love the design.

If you want to replace many varants and wepons, then the HK416/417 its the best option:
In 2014 the HK came to Portugal to replace not the G3, but all the weapons including Pistols, HMGs, LMGs and GLs
NOVAS ARMAS E MIRAS ÓPTICAS APRESENTADAS EM PORTUGAL | Operacional
11713754_493410147494600_6814381024236633254_o.jpg

21-DSC_0360-HK-Trijicon.jpg

11181191_838699082878173_7976115307686055710_n.jpg

11204446_837782476303167_1292913651586029285_n.jpg

11745889_845985122149569_8184975354397068201_n.jpg

Hk-14 or M4 carbine should be a nice choice as they are being widely used by US Military too because of their easy handling and accuracy.

This surely will be a great revolution and impressive upgrade in Pakistan Army if they chose HK-416 as a standard assault rifle. :police:

Last edited:
They offer the MG4 LMGs in 5,56mm, MG5 LMGs in 7,62mm, to replace the MG3.
They want to sell weapons to all Army/Air Force/Navy/Police/GNR etc..
We liked very much the MG5
MG5
MG5

They offer the MG4 LMGs in 5,56mm, MG5 LMGs in 7,62mm, to replace the MG3.
They want to sell weapons to all Army/Air Force/Navy/Police/GNR etc..
We liked very much the MG5
MG5
MG5
I really hope that Pakistan selects HK-417 and also MG5 and HK M28 Marksman Rifle.

So we're basing this on a piece of paper that we cannot verify as being authentic? Excuse me for being skeptical, considering just a year ago, the army said they had no immediate plans for a new rifle tender, replacement acquisitions.

Until I see official public confirmation from either the MoD or army, I'll continue to have my doubts.

Also, I should add that such an event wouldn't go unnoticed by the media, both foreign or domestic.
You wont see it because i had it removed because some kid took the picture of it from his dads office.Its real alright because you will not find it on the internet . It exists on a different platform called the OAS.

I really hope that Pakistan selects HK-417 and also MG5 and HK M28 Marksman Rifle.
We should go for all HK weapons if we are changing all old small arms(except pistols) but if we are only changing the standard assault rifle then the MPT-76 is a better choice.

You wont see it because i had it removed because some kid took the picture of it from his dads office.Its real alright because you will not find it on the internet . It exists on a different platform called the OAS.
Bhai jan, i am not a kid and i am your age, if you consider yourself a kid then so be it. The picture was sent to me because i asked for it from a source. And i only removed it because i just wanted zarwan to see it and that had been done, and i didnt remove it because you asked me to, Its not as top secret as your'e making it, it being on the OS is a clear sign of that. Kindly get your facts straight next time before bragging.

H&k 416 is now replaced by Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR) in many NATO sf, consider FN SCAR if you have money and FN have allowed their product to pakistan.
4375f3a0f828e27cd944ae4c9a963568-d2t87ey.jpg

FN-SCAR1.jpg

United_States_Navy_SEALs_124.jpg

A_coalition_Special_Operations_Forces_member_fires_his_sniper_rifle_from_a_hilltop_during_a_firefight_near_Nawa_Garay_village_%28120403-N-MY805-202%29.jpg

United_States_Navy_SEALs_81.jpg

513.jpg

United_States_Navy_SEALs_121.jpg

We should go for all HK weapons if we are changing all old small arms(except pistols) but if we are only changing the standard assault rifle then the MPT-76 is a better choice.

Bhai jan, i am not a kid and i am your age, if you consider yourself a kid then so be it. The picture was sent to me because i asked for it from a source. And i only removed it because i just wanted zarwan to see it and that had been done, and i didnt remove it because you asked me to, Its not as top secret as your'e making it, it being on the OS is a clear sign of that. Kindly get your facts straight next time before bragging.
Sorry yar .Had to explain to a thick head. No offense

But still OS pe agar aguya heh to us ka ye matlab nahi ki pori dunya ko bataya jai. the bhartis have their lobbies all across the world and can cause problems in procurement

As it is now fully confirmed that Pakistan has decided to replace G3 with a new standard weapon. For this a board of Army officers led by a Major General will evaluate all major Guns used by leading militaries in the world and one of them will be chosen for Pakistan so it's time to discuss potential candidates and their features.
By the way MPT-76 are first to come for evaluation.
@WebMaster @Horus @Oscar @Irfan Baloch @balixd @Icarus @kaonalpha @syedali73 @Sulman Badshah @Wolfhound @nair @SpArK @GURU DUTT @Imran Khan @Arsalan @RescueRanger @Bratva @Slav Defence @ajpirzada @DESERT FIGHTER @
Why PA is going for Foreign Guns??
If that is going to be happened then what is POF meant for?? just to organize Expos??
Cant they work on an Assault riffle, since they are well aware of PA requirements and demands..

Back
Top Bottom