What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Would you be kind to share those issues with us?
Bro, Please don't mind him. The Army will pick the rifle best suited to us and if that rifle happens to be M21, It'll be fine with me.

One thing's I'd like to say is that the M21 could do with a nice retractable stock.

One thing's I'd like to say is that the M21 could do with a nice retractable stock.

Reason for that simple stock on Zastava M21 are high requirements in terms of durability by the Serbian army. Acording to our test standards, buttstock must endure 10 throws from 1.5m height on concrete, with full magazine and under barrel grenade launcher.

Zastava M21BS
159270_176606072_m21.jpg

Would you be kind to share those issues with us?
First it's already a 25 year old weapon secondly not much advance if compared to G3 or Type 56 currently we are using. Finally even Russia is looking for new Gun mainly AK-12

Sir question is not about Which Gun !!!! I would be happy if Berreta ARX-200 or CZR 806 are selected. I have issues with AK-103 M21, but my point is if we were looking for cheaper alternatives none of this Gun would have been on the list. Cheaper alternatives would have meant testing MPT-76 or Chinese or Indonesian Gun or some other one . I also know something's in Army they would have calculated everything before started testing. They know the price so what ever Gun passes tests than hardly any more negotiations will take place, and soon deal would be signed. So question is which gun will pass tests ? @MastanKhan
You need to relax and NOT fanboy for SCAR continuously No one on this forum has any control on the decision making of the Army and they WILL select the firearm based on their calculation! secondly you have a personal grievance with AK103 and Zastava M77. If these were not decent weapons then they would not participate in trials and would have been told to go home!

Please lets all leave our personal fanboy at home and discuss each rifle on its merit and distinction.

First it's already a 25 year old weapon secondly not much advance if compared to G3 or Type 56 currently we are using. Finally even Russia is looking for new Gun mainly AK-12
AK 12 is in 5.45x39!!! AK 103 is in 7.62x39!!!

Sir question is not about Which Gun !!!! I would be happy if Berreta ARX-200 or CZR 806 are selected. I have issues with AK-103 M21, but my point is if we were looking for cheaper alternatives none of this Gun would have been on the list. Cheaper alternatives would have meant testing MPT-76 or Chinese or Indonesian Gun or some other one . I also know something's in Army they would have calculated everything before started testing. They know the price so what ever Gun passes tests than hardly any more negotiations will take place, and soon deal would be signed. So question is which gun will pass tests ? @MastanKhan

Hi,

What issues do you have ---and have you any kind of experience of owning a firearm other than an AIR RIFLE.

You always want to talk bigger than the britches that you wear---.

Reason for that simple stock on Zastava M21 are high requirements in terms of durability by the Serbian army. Acording to our test standards, buttstock must endure 10 throws from 1.5m height on concrete, with full magazine and under barrel grenade launcher.

Zastava M21BS
159270_176606072_m21.jpg
Bro, You need to come up with a (cool :P) retractable stock.

It's not in the competition. The MPT wasn't mentioned, nor shown.

Not in the competition.
Yes I was made aware of that, though from all accounts it is a good weapon yet not quite as good as say the SCAR H.

I have my doubts that any of the European rifles will be purchased. High price and maintenance are turn-offs for our users (case and point are the FN F2000 and P90 purchased by the PAF in early 2000s, those rifles are now lying in storage for emergency use only). So the main competition may be between Russian AK and the Chinese. Lets hope they decide soon and before the current Army Chief leaves

I have my doubts that any of the European rifles will be purchased. High price and maintenance are turn-offs for our users (case and point are the FN F2000 and P90 purchased by the PAF in early 2000s, those rifles are now lying in storage for emergency use only). So the main competition may be between Russian AK and the Chinese. Lets hope they decide soon and before the current Army Chief leaves

Even G3s are "European" ... Chinese aren't even participating ... and it doesn't depend on price .. Had price been a factor most of these rifles wouldn't even have been selected for the tender ... And Pak would have continued with the Chinese Type series instead!

As for maintenance.. Even G3 requires maintenance .. And so does every other rifle .. Apart from maybe a Kalashnikov ! And that isn't an issue when you are choosing a rifle to equip almost a million men professional military... And producing it under license..

That's all nonsense .. F2000 still remains PAFs standard rifle .. While the army and navy guys have moved to M series and ARs.

Yes I was made aware of that, though from all accounts it is a good weapon yet not quite as good as say the SCAR H.

And I doubt the modified M77 being pushed by Serbs will be selected either... It kicks like a mule... Recently fired it (belonging to a friend)... Solid rifle but a pain in the arse.

Back
Top Bottom