What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Consider them as PPP they'll bring the army to a new low. It takes men of resolve to build an empire over many decades ,but it takes a hypocrite mere minutes to level it.
what are the chances that they will be selected as the future army chief?

Well no idea. By the way I am watching CNN and BBC and they are reporting capture of Salah Abdul Salam one of the surviving suspect of Paris Attacks, but main thing is Belgium Special Forces are carrying FN SCAR
ok thanks.

Scar is the favourite and likely winner, it is doing very well on all the tests, likely 50,000 rifles purchased with full licence production FN will include optics and also accessories including UBGL.

Scar is the favourite and likely winner, it is doing very well on all the tests, likely 50,000 rifles purchased with full licence production FN will include optics and also accessories including UBGL.
Sounds right. Such an initial order is enough to re-equip the troops actively engaged in combat and to start-up production at POF. If were to assume $3500/unit (for discussion's sake), the initial cost would be $175 million U.S. From there, I think we'd be looking at an incremental induction rate of ~15,000 rifles a year over several decades, with occasional spikes of 40-50,000 during good funding years.

Sounds right. Such an initial order is enough to re-equip the troops actively engaged in combat and to start-up production at POF. If were to assume $3500/unit (for discussion's sake), the initial cost would be $175 million U.S. From there, I think we'd be looking at an incremental induction rate of ~15,000 rifles a year over several decades, with occasional spikes of 40-50,000 during good funding years.

Yep, the whole project will likely to take a decade with the Navy and Air force also purchasing it, but the Army will take first take.

Yes but it's 25 year old weapon now and inducting them would mean within 15 years we would be looking for new one

Same with scar---it won't last 15 years either.----plus you can buy almost 5 AK103's for 1 scar---seemingly---.

Same with scar---it won't last 15 years either.----plus you can buy almost 5 AK103's for 1 scar---seemingly---.
And SCAR might be bugged with kill switches ..... :D

As i posted earlier weapons based on Alloys and polymer quite prone to develop cracks and have very short service life.

As i posted earlier weapons based on Alloys and polymer quite prone to develop cracks and have very short service life.

Well---the price is the kill switch---for an honest purchase---that would kill you up front.

Mr 14 companies wanted to come we didn't went for cheapest options even for trials yet alone selecting one. @MastanKhan

While I agree with the numbers, I don't know if it's a good idea to give a new rifle in a large scale to soldiers that are already fighting. The reason being that they'll have to be pulled out of combat, and having to undergo rifle retraining, which can disrupt the flow of operations being conducted.

I'd say that the safer bet would be to start with newer recruits and then move up the chain, or even start with special forces whom are used to having to constantly train with newer systems, and generally don't see action until they're actively called for, to conduct specific missions (I can't really phrase this any better, I know it sounds dumb).

Then again, I'm not an expert, so I could be completely wrong.

Mr 14 companies wanted to come we didn't went for cheapest options even for trials yet alone selecting one. @MastanKhan

Hi,

For pakistan---scar should be for special forces---and not for regular troops---. This rifle is too expensive.

The serbian rifle is good---and the price around $500 for a large order would be the way to go. It is in the 5.56 caliber with an AK type mechanism---.

Remember---the higher the price of the rifle---the higher the bakhsheesh in the deal.

Hi,

For pakistan---scar should be for special forces---and not for regular troops---. This rifle is too expensive.

The serbian rifle is good---and the price around $500 for a large order would be the way to go. It is in the 5.56 caliber with an AK type mechanism---.

Remember---the higher the price of the rifle---the higher the bakhsheesh in the deal.
Mastan Sahab. Please do a little research before posting. The Seribian M-21 is being tested with 7.62x51 ammo. 556 is not on the cards.

We can afford Scar for our regulars if it comes out on the top.

Back
Top Bottom