What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Just for Simplicity of people :enjoy:

480670_4a76547df4fd7a243c3fc13a1a25bc34 - Copy.jpg

Pakistan is going to replace G3 as standard battle rifle. One will be chosen from all these rifles.

There is no Chinese there....... But one from Serbia, yes....... Could be M21........

It's 7.62 NATO.........
the kind of confusion i had over these weapons is over the board -- truth be said ---- ARX was not mentioned, only name of these were taken ---- but then again, i should have been able to identify the guns myself ---- but i couldn't --- extremely disappointed with myself over this ---- :(

View attachment 299052
although i carry a Zastava myself on daily basis and trust it with my life but noway it stands a chance with CZ807 & SCAR H ----i think it is down to these too ----

I don't think ots just the G3 being replaced, the presence of Bren and ARX-160 tells me that Pakistan's standard assault rifle is about to get replaced as well.
Hopefully.

the kind of confusion i had over these weapons is over the board -- truth be said ---- ARX was not mentioned, only name of these were taken ---- but then again, i should have been able to identify the guns myself ---- but i couldn't --- extremely disappointed with myself over this ---- :(

You passed @Zarvan through great trouble.

First he wasted so much power praising about MPT76 .....................
Then he wasted so much blood cursing QBZ03...............
Then he wasted a lot of energy wondering why ARX160 is not there

Now he is fine :lol:

although i carry a Zastava myself on daily basis and trust it with my life but noway it stands a chance with CZ807 & SCAR H ----i think it is down to these too ----
its ARX200 vs ScarH now.............. @Horus @Zarvan time to rethink about your love with ScarH....................:D

@Tipu7

I don't think ots just the G3 being replaced, the presence of Bren and ARX-160 tells me that Pakistan's standard assault rifle is about to get replaced as well.
the trails are among the calibre too and not among weapons only --- reports by Colt M4a1 users is it is far more accurate then 7.62x39 at long range (SSG Officer) --- where as AK / Type 56 struggled hitting accurately at the long range - beyond 400m---- tested out in Khyber 1 op --- hence the comparison among the calibres to pick the best suitable

Hopefully.

its ARX200 vs ScarH now.............. @Horus @Zarvan time to rethink about your love with ScarH....................:D
CZ over Beretta any day --- Bren would eat ARX in lunch and dinner ---- :D

the trails are among the calibre too and not among weapons only --- reports by Colt M4a1 users is it is far more accurate then 7.62x39 at long range (SSG Officer) --- where as AK / Type 56 struggled hitting accurately at the long range - beyond 400m---- tested out in Khyber 1 op --- hence the comparison among the calibres to pick the best suitable

CZ over Beretta any day --- Bren would eat ARX in lunch and dinner ---- :D
Is there any news about installation of new plant for bullet production in POF? 7.62mm?

View attachment 299052
The cz looks like the 805, simply due to mag which seems like a 5.56 caliber mag.

The arx also seems like a 160, as from what I've gathered, the arx-200 is still in development, and the picture seems to show it using a stanag mag being used.

@Tipu7 -- not sure if you guys have heard this or not but PA - Regular troops have Gun Simulators now- same one used by Marine corps

The cz looks like the 805, simply due to mag which seems like a 5.56 caliber stanag mag.

The arx also seems like a 160, as from what I've gathered, the arx-200 is still in development, and the picture seems to show it using a stanag mag being used.
Bren is 556 --- A2 ---

@Tipu7 -- not sure if you guys have heard this or not but PA - Regular troops have Gun Simulators now- same one used by Marine corps

Bren is 556 --- A2 ---
That's what I thought, though I have to correct one mistake I made, the Bren is NOT using a stanag mag, but it does seem like a 5.56 mag.

Hopefully.

I think the COAS may have fallen in love with the CZ Bren, so it still has a chance, no matter how little that may be.

Reason for that................?

(it was rejected by Indians. Its a failed weapon: Indian logic)
Rejection of Indians is either because they are hell bent on going after inferior local Gun or they are upto something else. As for my choice I still prefer FN SCAR if not than Berreta ARX-200 or CN 805 BREN A2 but would never like to choose AK-103 or M-21

There is the cost issue to deal with, the SCAR is a relatively expensive platform.
Agreed any short listed weapon with TOT plus manufacturing plants and raw material would be selected, we can purchase huge number of weapons it requires billions of USD.

now that ISPR has come forward with details and pics, then who the heck i am to sit on these clear pics --- @DESERT FIGHTER @Bratva @Quwa -----
View attachment 299031 View attachment 299032 View attachment 299033 View attachment 299034 View attachment 299035

@Horus @WAJsal @Jango - thread should be merged with other one ----

nope not Sauer --- its AK family -- look at the front sight & Gas Piston on the top, right behind the Front sight

Edit: ops my bad, you were on third gun, yeah looks to be Sig.....the fifth weapon ---- i may have overlooked the weapon while transferring photos from the friend's phone --- u can understand the excitement, when i was looking at all these beauties -- right here in Pakistan ----

no its only the start --- Weapons were only received in Jan 2016 ---- and I received these photos in Feb ----so trails are still happening ---- i think HK, MPT did not responded to our request ---

Now you have made this even more interesting! You posted two pics of FN SCAR. the one with Grenade Launcher is chambered in 7.62x39 and the one in 7.62x51.

So there is a competition between calibers as well. 7.62x39 vs 7.62x51

Rejection of Indians is either because they are hell bent on going after inferior local Gun or they are upto something else. As for my choice I still prefer FN SCAR if not than Berreta ARX-200 or CN 805 BREN A2 but would never like to choose AK-103 or M-21
Sir Why scar could you let us know about what type of metal used in barrel manufacturing and their characteristic on different temperatures. It uses blow back rotating mechanism or gas operating rotating bolt. Kindly provide us the details why you prefer scar over other rifles (technical details).

Now you have made this even more interesting! You posted two pics of FN SCAR. the one with Grenade Launcher is chambered in 7.62x39 and the one in 7.62x51.

So there is a competition between calibers as well. 7.62x39 vs 7.62x51
Okay now I can understand why Army Chief inaugurated plant of 7.62 x 39 MM ammo. So we are testing two FN SCAR. I think Army has already made their mind about FN SCAR

Back
Top Bottom