What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Okay now I can understand why Army Chief inaugurated plant of 7.62 x 39 MM ammo. So we are testing two FN SCAR. I think Army has already made their mind about FN SCAR

Lets wait for official conformation from the army about the winner and respect their decision "even" if FN does not win. :-)

now that ISPR has come forward with details and pics, then who the heck i am to sit on these clear pics --- @DESERT FIGHTER @Bratva @Quwa -----
View attachment 299031 View attachment 299032 View attachment 299033 View attachment 299034 View attachment 299035

@Horus @WAJsal @Jango - thread should be merged with other one ----

nope not Sauer --- its AK family -- look at the front sight & Gas Piston on the top, right behind the Front sight

Edit: ops my bad, you were on third gun, yeah looks to be Sig.....the fifth weapon ---- i may have overlooked the weapon while transferring photos from the friend's phone --- u can understand the excitement, when i was looking at all these beauties -- right here in Pakistan ----

no its only the start --- Weapons were only received in Jan 2016 ---- and I received these photos in Feb ----so trails are still happening ---- i think HK, MPT did not responded to our request ---
Sir do you really think if Turkey would have gotten a chance they would have not went for it. I think it's we who didn't went for both Turkish and Chinese Gun. I don't have idea about the reasons but it should be us who refused those Guns.

Now you have made this even more interesting! You posted two pics of FN SCAR. the one with Grenade Launcher is chambered in 7.62x39 and the one in 7.62x51.

So there is a competition between calibers as well. 7.62x39 vs 7.62x51
no --- both are same SCAR H - 51N --- you are confused with curve on GL port but -- it is 51N --- the barrel thickness and Shell DIscharge port tells the story ----

Okay now I can understand why Army Chief inaugurated plant of 7.62 x 39 MM ammo. So we are testing two FN SCAR. I think Army has already made their mind about FN SCAR
even if such a weapon exists - it would be a mistake to go ahead with Piston driven 39 ---- AK was built around this platform and Soliders would be much familiar with handling the weapon ---- Muscle memory, mag integration etc ---- with SCAR & other weapons its training from scratch

no --- both are same SCAR H - 51N --- you are confused with curve on GL port but -- it is 51N --- the barrel thickness and Shell DIscharge port tells the story ----
Ok I was purely going on assumption as SCAR H can be converted to fire 39 as well, plus the curve as well.

Reason for that................?

(it was rejected by Indians. Its a failed weapon: Indian logic)
it comes with two options - 7.62 39 & 556 , same as AK series having advantage over SCAR, if we were to move away from 51N round --- we maintain a modular design ----something common in both Bren & AK is Rotating bolt

it comes with two options - 7.62 39 & 556 , same as AK series having advantage over SCAR, if we were to move away from 51N round --- we maintain a modular design ----something common in both Bren & AK is Rotating bolt
I think trials should be in last stages. Still personally I think FN SCAR and Berreta ARX 200 and CZ 805 BREN A2 are the strongest candidates. As for caliber I think we would stick to .51 for Armed Forces but .39 can be for Police or may be Para Military Forces.

I am confused now is Berreta ARX-200 in the trials or not and what about SIG-716 ?

480672_33330cf0e779ab84b29457ccec5e76fd.jpg

@balixd @DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan @Horus

On a side note, the guy behind COAS is (I think) is Lt. Gen. Z. M. Hayat. This is the first time I have seen his picture.

Looks like a copy of General Shareef :-)[/QUOTE]
He is younger brother Omar Hayat not Zubair Hayat

2nd last bigger rifle with bipod looks like SIG 716

View attachment 299011

Here is clear picture of SIG716 (but with bigger scope)
View attachment 299012
Which 2nd last ? You mean if we start from that beard Guy or if we start counting from where Army Chief is standing ?

now that ISPR has come forward with details and pics, then who the heck i am to sit on these clear pics --- @DESERT FIGHTER @Bratva @Quwa -----
View attachment 299031 View attachment 299032 View attachment 299033 View attachment 299034 View attachment 299035

@Horus @WAJsal @Jango - thread should be merged with other one ----

nope not Sauer --- its AK family -- look at the front sight & Gas Piston on the top, right behind the Front sight

Edit: ops my bad, you were on third gun, yeah looks to be Sig.....the fifth weapon ---- i may have overlooked the weapon while transferring photos from the friend's phone --- u can understand the excitement, when i was looking at all these beauties -- right here in Pakistan ----

no its only the start --- Weapons were only received in Jan 2016 ---- and I received these photos in Feb ----so trails are still happening ---- i think HK, MPT did not responded to our request ---
@balixd Are both Guns I mean the one with Gernade Launcher and the last one are both FN SCAR ? @Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah

@Quwa @Horus @Icarus @Irfan Baloch @balixd

With this news out, is it safe to say that the competition is nearing it's end, or at least close to the end? I only ask, because it remained an open secret up until now, and the rifles have apparently already been heavily tested.

Also, can we merge this thread with Pakistan's Future Service Rifle.?
maybe no need to merge, they can both exist separately one as the generic original thread and this one as the new development

the gun we will choose wont be for looks but for reliability, less complication easy of field repair and maintenance and of course the cost effectiveness (an apparently more expensive platform may also qualify for that)

my gripe against western designs is over engineering, complicated design and handling. if they can borrow some features from Russians which is rigidity and simplicity then it will be great combination

Back
Top Bottom