What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Neither have I..but seems even police is using them.
Thats alot of guns wonder if they will produce them.. PK21 aka 103 aka VKS100?
They might go for both, there’s already modernized AKs in service along with Type 56-IIM. The local “AK-103” (PK-21) isn’t really an AK-103, it’s missing the polymer mags, the muzzle device and probably the improved barrel too.
If they want actual AK-103M they’d need to buy it from Russia.

Well let’s hope it makes it off the TV screens and into Soldiers’ hands quickly then, it could very well be the Type 56-IIM replacement, I’ve just not seen it in army hands outside this drama so far.
What happened to the PK18? Testing or fluke?
They might go for both, there’s already modernized AKs in service along with Type 56-IIM. The local “AK-103” (PK-21) isn’t really an AK-103, it’s missing the polymer mags, the muzzle device and probably the improved barrel too.
If they want actual AK-103M they’d need to buy it from Russia.
I know or lacked those things but the barrel?
If so thats basically the same old unlicensed AK they produced couple of years back till russia protested and chinese type was deemed cheaper to induct.

What happened to the PK18? Testing or fluke?

I know or lacked those things but the barrel?
If so thats basically the same old unlicensed AK they produced couple of years back till russia protested and chinese type was deemed cheaper to induct.
I can’t really say If they’ve changed it internally, it’s impossible to tell, but I would lean towards a no simply because if they don’t have the ToT they’d have to design their own. However for PA imo the ability to mount accessories was a bigger upgrade than anything else. Something the Type 56-IIM and the modernization kits (those kits usually have the AK203 stock with polymer furniture and AK103M style rails, again, unsure if there are internal changes) already allow.

If they do get VSK-100/AK-103M it will be less on an upgrade now then it would have been if they had gone directly to those from the type 56-1 (which is still in limited use). So it will be interesting to see if they plan to induct those or not. Because the other forces (FC etc) are going directly to VSK-100s from Type 56-1 or G3.

As for PK-18, I think the rifle is fine for civilian use, but it failed the military trials, barrel burst during tests apparently.

Last edited:
Who knows what this deal may bring but I think why we South Asians always associate the visit/meeting of a foreign dignitary with a defence deal.
Although I believe CZ BREN could come. Specially after recent MOU on Defence Corporation with Czech Republic 🇨🇿 My opinion is based on the visible thing of Belarus 🇧🇾 being way too happy and excited to see Khan. There are no personal friendships on this level.

Although I believe CZ BREN could come. Specially after recent MOU on Defence Corporation with Czech Republic 🇨🇿 My opinion is based on the visible thing of Belarus 🇧🇾 being way too happy and excited to see Khan. There are no personal friendships on this level.

Zarvan... bro... we seem to see Polish, Czech, Russian etc... no belaroussian? he could be happy because of tractors exports too :) - Belarussiansmakes good tractors.

1638113404253.png

images (6).jpeg

First KPK Police was handed these over and now FC Baluchistan also.

@PanzerKiel

PA wasyed lot of time and money but still we r not clear now they r planning to manufacture G 3 modfied gun PK 21

remember india made that mistake with insas its hard to build a perfect gun

Only germans and russians are pioners in this field

You need rrliable gun to fight any eeather any time

new varients of G 96 WOULD been belttelr

Havent seen kpk police with these, but for more then a year seeing this weapon with the SOG guys of FC KPK.
Few months back KPK Police deployed in Tribal areas were handed over these by IG KPK in a ceremony. Also hearing Rangers in Punjab seen carrying these plus in Sinf e Ahan drama in many scenes girls are carrying these.

Back
Top Bottom